IGNORED

'fan' Tastic - Effort

richieb

What the great fans of this club can do.

Just need to see the ambition from Board to pitch.

They weather was good & the fans gave it all then can for the team today.

We have put up with some pretty dire stuff this season,but still goes to show what can be achieved if we get a sniff of success.

We have put up with some pretty dire stuff this season,but still goes to show what can be achieved if we get a sniff of success.

Absolutely! a cracking atmosphere, everyone got behind the team especially 2nd half, prospects look good for next season which ever division we are in!Young players were fantastic + we have a really good squad for next year!CTID chant6ez.gifenglandsmile4wf.gif

No mention of the teams superb performance, that's a massive suprise.

Performance wise,we contributed better today than we have for a little while.

But being honest - far too much long ball stuff & the bottom line was we scraped a 2-2 draw against 10 man Doncaster (yes a team that were non league recently) - Superb - well your easy to please SH

Funny how you haven't mentioned how the players are now playing for Tinnion and  want to win?

rofl2br.gif 45 games gone & the players NOW want to play for the Manager -  doh.gif

Absolutely! a cracking atmosphere, everyone got behind the team especially 2nd half, prospects look good for next season which ever division we are in!Young players were fantastic + we have a really good squad for next year!CTID chant6ez.gif  englandsmile4wf.gif

So it wasn't good enough for this season?

Its allways great to see AG filled up and everyone getting behind the team, i think it proves the club does have a great wealth of supporters out there and it would be cool to see them all back for next season, whatever league we are in.

city.gif

I really enjoyed it in the East End today, it felt kinda special.

smile.gif

It was great today i reckon one of the games of the season with the fans getting behind the team and the performnce of the players in the 2nd half, if we fail to get to the play-offs this season then i think we will get promotion next season with a few new additions to the squad seeing as the players have got used to tinnion being a manager instead of a player

It was great today i reckon one of the games of the season with the fans getting behind the team and the performnce of the players in the 2nd half, if we fail to get to the play-offs this season then i think we will get promotion next season with a few new additions to the squad seeing as the players have got used to tinnion being a manager instead of a player

So that's it ? We have to accept that 45 minutes here and there is good enough and everything is rosy at Ashton Gate?

After the Wilson sacking Lansdown said in the Press that he wouldn't accept the play offs and expected his replacement to take the team that extra step and secure AUTOMATIC promotion.

The new manager confirmed that HE expected AUTOMATIC promotion himself and with style. rofl2br.gif

But now, with one game left of the current campaign, Both Lansdown and Tinnion are now clinging to faint possibility that we may grab 6th spot and clinch the final play off spot. Something that was not acceptable to either 45 games ago !!

So that's it ? We have to accept that 45 minutes here and there is good enough and everything is rosy at Ashton Gate?

After the Wilson sacking Lansdown said in the Press that he wouldn't accept the play offs and expected his replacement to take the team that extra step and secure AUTOMATIC promotion.

The new manager confirmed that HE expected AUTOMATIC promotion himself and with style. rofl2br.gif

But now, with one game left of the current campaign, Both Lansdown and Tinnion are now clinging to faint possibility that we may grab 6th spot and clinch the final play off spot. Something that was not acceptable to either 45 games ago !!

If the play offs get us out of league one then thats good enough for me biggrin.gif i just hope we get into the play offs

Yes and he said on Radio Bristol that he was dissapointed that we might not go up, fair play for his honesty, you think he dosen't want promotion.

It was a mistake to say what he did at the start of the season as he just put extra pressure on himself when, realistcly he was never going to achieve it in his first season as boss.

Surely you can admit you seen enough of the future at the Gate after today and it could be promising, or would that mean you'd have to stop the personal abuse you aim at Tinnion?

So it wasn't good enough for this season?

Why have such a downer on the team? 2nd half thats the best ive seen us play for a long time, it maybe too late for us this season but its tinmans first season in charge, give the man a chance. Just because we're Bristol City we don't automatically deserve to go up each season. Yes its frustrating but like 2nd half 2day with crowd behind the lads + not moaning gave everyone a life, it bodes well for next season. CTID city.gif

Guest Champagne Football
Why have such a downer on the team? 2nd half thats the best ive seen us play for a long time, it maybe too late for us this season but its tinmans first season in charge, give the man a chance. Just because we're Bristol City we don't automatically deserve to go up each season. Yes its frustrating but like 2nd half 2day with crowd behind the lads + not moaning gave everyone a life, it bodes well for next season. CTID  city.gif

Personally I didn't think we played superb at all. Doncaster were down to 10 men for some of the second half and it looked like we were just playing a training match. There was no real urgency in the last 30 minutes.

I believe Doncaster were crap and to be honest we didn't look a whole lot greater. It was an open game of football with little real quality, but it was entertaining. I can understand why there was enthusiasm rather than quality, because of all the inexperienced youngsters we were playing, but how did we get in the position where these kids are being played week in week out in the first place?

Yes it was an alright match and an alright performance, but I still don't think it is good enough. Doncaster were giving the ball away for free, yet in the first half we made no real clear cut chances. We had two 10 minute spells as I see it, the first 10 minutes and the 10 minutes after Brooker's first goal. The rest of the game we had no threat about us and a poor Doncaster defence limited us to just playing it around the midfield looping hopeless balls up to Heffernan. Remember, they were down to 10 men in the latter stages of the game and were still playing two up front!

I am sorry, but if that is us playing superbly, we have gone way down hill from last season. Beating QPR and Plymouth 1-0 was us playing superbly. Yesterday people would have been saying how crap we had done if it was Wilson in charge vs. Doncaster at home, only drawing 2-2.

Personally I didn't think we played superb at all. Doncaster were down to 10 men for some of the second half and it looked like we were just playing a training match. There was no real urgency in the last 30 minutes.

I believe Doncaster were crap and to be honest we didn't look a whole lot greater. It was an open game of football with little real quality, but it was entertaining. I can understand why there was enthusiasm rather than quality, because of all the inexperienced youngsters we were playing, but how did we get in the position where these kids are being played week in week out in the first place?

Yes it was an alright match and an alright performance, but I still don't think it is good enough. Doncaster were giving the ball away for free, yet in the first half we made no real clear cut chances. We had two 10 minute spells as I see it, the first 10 minutes and the 10 minutes after Brooker's first goal. The rest of the game we had no threat about us and a poor Doncaster defence limited us to just playing it around the midfield looping hopeless balls up to Heffernan. Remember, they were down to 10 men in the latter stages of the game and were still playing two up front!

I am sorry, but if that is us playing superbly, we have gone way down hill from last season. Beating QPR and Plymouth 1-0 was us playing superbly. Yesterday people would have been saying how crap we had done if it was Wilson in charge vs. Doncaster at home, only drawing 2-2.

I agree about the first half performace, i can see your point about the long balls. Brooker wasnt really winning the headers but he did ok, but i don't see the point of long balls up 2 the forwards when the centre halves are bigger than them. When the balls were over the top of them, especially to brooker it was a much dangerous tactic + how he got his 1st.

I would much prefer to describe yesterdays 2nd half performance as encouraging + for you 2 say we didnt cause that much threat after brookers 1st then you must have gone off for 20mins. Bell struck the bar with a thunderous shot, probably hit it too well, gillespies drive which their keeper saved superbly. brookers shot which i thought was in until somehow the defender got a bit of leather on it. the countless times on corners cleared off the line.

Yes everyone keeps reverting back to last season but we're in a re-building stage, the youngsters on the field yesterday showed what they can do. tinnion said he wants to stregthen in the summer, what do you think he needs to get the mold right?

Yes and he said on Radio Bristol that he was dissapointed that we might not go up, fair play for his honesty, you think he dosen't want promotion.

Then he has failed to deliver.

It was a mistake to say what he did at the start of the season as he just put extra pressure on himself when, realistcly he was never going to achieve it in his first season as boss.

Why was he not going to achieve promotion ? He was appointed manager by a Chairman who had said that automatic promotion had to be the aim for the new manager. He was becoming manager of arguably the strongest squad in this awful division.

Surely you can admit you seen enough of the future at the Gate after today and it could be promising,

45 minutes against 10 man Doncaster (who only two seasons ago were non league)is not enough to convince me I'm afraid and, after all we only drew.

or would that mean you'd have to stop the personal abuse you aim at Tinnion?

Personal abuse is not my bag, those who know me, I hope, would concur. If you check my posts you will find strong views but no personal abuse. Yes I think he is the wrong man for the job, and yes, having grown up watching the likes of Kellard, Sharpe, Derrick, Galley, Merrick, Gillies, Collier, Hunter, Tainton, Sweeney, Cooper, Jordan, Walsh, Dzeickinowski,(the list is endless) as a player I always thought he was highly overated.This is a forum and therefore everyone has a right to air their views, whether you agree or not, after all, one mans water is another mans wine. I want City to win every week as much as the next man, but I have to say that in all the years I've been watching, this along with the Osman days, has to rank as the worst football I've seen. And by the size of the attendances, not just me  sad.gif

Yes everyone keeps reverting back to last season but we're in a re-building stage,

But why the need to rebuild ? The squad was already there. Why "butcher" a team/squad that had missed out on promotion by just one point ?

the youngsters on the field yesterday showed what they can do.tinnion said he wants to stregthen in the summer, what do you think he needs to get the mold right?

This is the worry. Look at his signings:

Jamie Smith. Made captain by Tinnion. Sat on bench. Surely your captain is the FIRST name on your team sheet.

Bradley Orr. Sat on bench.

This would suggest that the younger players are better than his signings. In fact of his other signings, Brooker, Brown, Ireland, Keith, and Heffernan are not as good as the players they've replaced. (Although in fairness to Heffernan he's not had much chance)

If Tinnions summer recruitments are of the same ilk as his other signings, then I fear another winter of discontent.

Brooker, good buy got 14 for us this season starved of service for long periods. Broan, looks a good player not bought obtained after a trial, keith was rubbish, ireland should have signed, smith, too old to run up and down the right hand side, orr, works damn hard but would you have put him in above skuse and wilkshire?, dinning, who didnt think when he signed yes tinman god move a dominator in midfield? ay you didnt your a lyer.

There was every need to re-build and Wilson was planning to start over again had he stayed.He knew that last years squad wasn't good enough and that certain players would be leaving.

Peacock,Brown and Carey were all gone when Tinnion took over.Smith was signed to fill the then vacant right back slot but since Carey realised that the grass isn't greener in Coventry and come back Smith is surplus to requirements.Thats why he was on the bench.I doubt very much if Smith will be at AG next season even though' he's a good influence in the dressing room.

There was every need to re-build and Wilson was planning to start over again had he stayed.He knew that last years squad wasn't good enough and that  certain players would be leaving.

And wilson told you this in person ?

Peacock,Brown and Carey were all gone when Tinnion took over.

Peacock and Brown possibly, but Carey I thought was still in contractural negotiations with the club, along with Matt Hill when Tinnion became manager. didn't Tinnion say something like he only wanted players whose heart was at the club in his team ? and allowed him to leave. Only to re-sign the "Rebel" 6 months or so later.

Smith was signed to fill the then vacant right back slot

Coles and Amankwaah had both played right back and were more than capable of filling Careys void.

..and were more than capable of filling Carey's void.

I'm astonished by your knowledge of the inner workings of the dressing room. I knew the players were bonding well, but I didn't realise things had got that far.

Guest MaloneFM
I'm astonished by your knowledge of the inner workings of the dressing room. I knew the players were bonding well, but I didn't realise things had got that far.

...Faustus is that you?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

rofl2br.gif

Oops sorry about the terminology, but am flicking between this and another site of ill repute. My mind must have wandered. biggrin.gif

But you know what I mean smile.gif

didn't Tinnion say something like he only wanted players whose heart was at the club in his team ? and allowed him to leave. Only to re-sign the "Rebel" 6 months or so later.

How can you not 'allow' someone out of contract to leave? I'm fairly sure Brian Tinnion's job isn't to deal with the finances, so it wasn't down to him how good an offer Louis Carey was offered.

You may well be Tinnion's biggest critic, but accusing him of allowing an out of contract player to leave is hilarious, and sadly makes me even more likely to ignore the rest of the negative rubbish you come out with.

Archived