IGNORED

Just Back From Notts County

Robbored

Not a great performance but City just did enough to nick the three points of a poor County side.There was a distinct lack of creativity in midfield and Wilkshire was sorely missed.As for Tinnion's 500th game - I didn't realise he as playing untill he chipped in the cross for the winning goal in the last min.He's defeinately had better games.

Peacock was useless again apart from the goal which came from a long Phillips punt.Dunno how many free kicks he gave away during the game but it seemed everytime he challenged for the ball he was penalised.

Goodfellow certainly has some pace! and he caused County loads of problems before he missed a sitter which he later rectified with a cool headed finish.Looks good on todays showing.Time will tell.

A good following today as well.Loads of noise with some of the old songs being sung.Good to hear.

what an atmoshere!

i thought city played ok,not the best but hey,we have come away with three points,and i feel we deserved them aswell.

peacock did hardly nothing after his goal...

i think we would have played and mabe scored more if roberts had played.

what a great atmoshere......loads of city fans there which is good to see.

goodfellow missed a sitter but then made up for it with his header

phillips should have called or come out for the ball in which butler put into our own net.

if phillips did call i didnt hear it but I'm sure phillips could have come out for that.

It was a fantastic atmosphere, even after the game everyone was singing :wacko: .

Goodfellow came on and looked a real threat , the only thing he did wrong was miss the sitter. The team on the whole played well today , but tommy and tinnion werent up to their recent standards , the only player i thought played badly was carey , he didnt seem to want to pass the ball to marvin on the wing instead crossing it from just passed the half way line(!) , he did pass it to goodfellow when he came on though.

When butler scored that own goal (thats got to be challenging hasselbanks from last season!) we were cruising , and if it had carried on we would have won 2-0 comfortably , it didnt look like phillips called from where i was sitting , if he didnt you cant really blame butler 100% but i dont think the striker would have finnished better!

All in all a good day out and a fantastic finnish!

Guest Red_ Mango

Couldn't go today but was great to hear "for he's a jolly goodfellow" very clearly on the radio!

Support sounded tremendous throughout the match.

I was at plymouth for both the league game and LDV. Plymouth was good but i dont thinkm the atmosphere created by city supporters was as good as what we created today. Today the atmosphere and variety of songs was generated by us and us alone. At Plymouth it was banter between both sets of fans, therfore I woyuld say that the atmopsphere was better today, Plus you cant beat a 90th minute winner!

Guest dez_gimred

attendance was about 6,400.....

roughly guessing id say we were about a quarter of that....

notts fans didnt sing so we sounded ace...

shame the players didnt play like they wanted to win as much as we wanted to!

Not a great performance but City just did enough to nick the three points of a poor County side.There was a distinct lack of creativity in midfield and Wilkshire was sorely missed.As for Tinnion's 500th game - I didn't realise he as playing untill he chipped in the cross for the winning goal in the last min.He's defeinately had better games.

Peacock was useless again apart from the goal which came from a long Phillips punt.Dunno how many free kicks he gave away during the game but it seemed everytime he challenged for the ball he was penalised.

Goodfellow certainly has some pace! and he caused County loads of problems before he missed a sitter which he later rectified with a cool headed finish.Looks good on todays showing.Time will tell.

A good following today as well.Loads of noise with some of the old songs being sung.Good to hear.

I agree that Tins has had better games, but, having said that, this was his first game back after an injury, so he was always going to be a little rusty. That, allied to the emotion of his 500th game made it a difficult day for him.

What I will say is, he was overwhelmed by the reaction from the fans towards him today and he wanted everyone to know how proud it made him. He also said that the ball he played in for the goal was for every single City fan who had made his 500th game so special.

Anyway, back to the game. It was very apparent that we hadn't had a game for a couple of weeks and we were well off the tempo in the first half. In fact, I would argue we were lucky to be level at half-time, as Notts County dominated possesion and had us playing into their hands by joining them in a game of 'long ball tennis'.

The second half was much better, in that we got the ball down and played it around, though we didn't really convert our superiority into chances until late on.

I thought Goodfellow looked good. He seems able to draw a challenge and skip past it ,leaving a defender committed and on his backside. He also looked effective cutting in from the right and skirting the edge of the penalty area looking for an opening, and he was unlucky not to score before he did.

Whether the right wing is the best position for Goodfellow is a point I'm sure we'll all debate at length as the season goes on, but, going on yesterday's showing, I would bring Roberts back in on the right, put Goodfellow on the left and drop Aaron (when is he going to stop trying to do things whilst looking permanently casual? It's okay to look like you're trying, Aaron!).

All in all, a below par performance that showed why a two week break wasn't necessarily an advantage, but we got through it beacause Danny introduced pace and alternatives just when we needed them and it paid off.

Worst performance of the day is a toss up between Carey (terrible passing and an inability to see space opening up for him to run into) and the linesman at our end who, seemingly, didn't have a grasp of offside, couldn't tell who touched a ball last before it went out and had no idea where the white lines were at the edge of the pitch (things I had assumed were a prerequisite when being an assistant refereee).

Best atmosphere i have been to in a long time!

Only my second away game of the season, and by far the best atmosphere at an away game that i have seen!

I was impressed with Goodfellow when he came on, he's got some pace and will create chances.

All together now, "For he's a jolly............." :wacko:

i went to plymouth this season and i went yesturday.

what made plymouth's atmosphere a little better was that most of the stadium were singing! and it was extremely loud!

city and plymouth fans competing against each other with songs.

you did not get this yesturday though which i thought would spoil the atmosphere at the start because we have no one to chant against really

but having said this the atmosphere was immense,when we sang it must have echoed which made it louder.

if i had to pick which was the better game for atmosphere i would say plymouth just nicked it because we hadn't won there in years and it was a packed stadium etc.

but both games were great :wacko:

hopefully next season we won't have to play either of them (plymouth slip out of top two and notts county either get relegated or stay in this division,either way we hopefully will be going up....not going to get my hopes up too much though)

cheers

Rick

Archived