IGNORED

Sheffield

dolman_bcfc

Guest hairyshamrock

Walk in towards the town centre, or bet a taxi - its not too far - and then there is a tram (my girlfriend tells me its blue route) that goes to Hillsborough.

Does anyone know any pubs where away fans will be welcome?

As has been posted you can get a tram to H'boro'. The South Yorks Supertram has a stop at the station and another at Hillsborough and it's a regular service. Not like arrivals at Temple Meads trying to reach AG or the Mem for rugby or Nevil Road for the cricket.

Walk in towards the town centre, or bet a taxi - its not too far - and then there is a tram (my girlfriend tells me its blue route) that goes to Hillsborough. 

Pubs were a nightmare last season went to one pub about 10 minutes walk from the ground but couldn't get in as it was packed. Alot werent letting in away fans.God knows where the fans went in the days of the fa cup. Outskirts of Sheffield I guess. sad.gif

Guest hairyshamrock
Train before aturday was £18 now under 7 days away it is close to £80! That is why i am driving up. Theiving gits

I know what you mean, i have to make the journey every month or so and with my rail card, and booking for journeys at certain times well enough in advance, i can get there on a Fri and back on a Mon for £20. So how it can then be 4 times dearer if you book now is a farce!

Oh well, if the pubs are pants for away fans, i'll have to drink more of their cheaper beer on the friday night...! I love it up north for the cheap beer...! party-smiley-012.gifparty-smiley-012.gifparty-smiley-012.gif Went in a pub/club the other week and got a pint of Guinness for £2 - on a saturday night! Gotta love it! dance.gifdance.gifdance.gif

get the Edinburugh train from Temple Meads. When you come out of the train station

EITHER

1. get a taxi to take you to a tram stop

or

2. turn right when you come out, walk around 600 or so metres and you will come to a big roundabout which is called the park square round about, on the left you will see a big swimming pool place with chutes coming out of it, head about 50 metres up the hill/turn off where that is and you will see a tram stop. Sheffield has 2 tram lines, one is the blue line and one is the yellow line, you want the blue line tram that says 'Malin Bridge' on the front. You then get off at the 'Middlewood road' stop (about 30 minutes later) and you'll be right outside a big park...head left and you'll be outside the ground in 2 minutes.

Hope that helps

get the Edinburugh train from Temple Meads. When you come out of the train station

EITHER

1. get a taxi to take you to a tram stop

or

2. turn right when you come out, walk around 600 or so metres and you will come to a big roundabout which is called the park square round about, on the left you will see a big swimming pool place with chutes coming out of it, head about 50 metres up the hill/turn off where that is and you will see a tram stop. Sheffield has 2 tram lines, one is the blue line and one is the yellow line, you want the blue line tram that says 'Malin Bridge' on the front. You then get off at the 'Middlewood road' stop (about 30 minutes later) and you'll be right outside a big park...head left and you'll be outside the ground in 2 minutes.

Hope that helps

Thanks very much

Last season we went to a pub called The Railway.rammed with city.

Archived