IGNORED

Definitley Renewing My Season Ticket Again

Red Skin

What's really pleased me is the return of young Academy and local Bristol lads back in the team. Cole Skuse, Scott Golbourne, Joe Asinyah, Ryan Harley as well as Leroy Lita, Dave Cotterill, Scott Brown, Steve Gillespie etc turning in the performances they have in recent weeks are reasons for optimism. I don't want be the Chelsea of Div 3, I want to our kids (local or not) come into the side and watch them progress and do well. Yes, some may leave for "bigger" clubs but I'm still convinced that our best chance to progress is with a young team that have grown up together on and off the pitch, play with pride for the shirt and want to win for themselves and each other.

I have questioned Tinnion's tactics and judgement at numerous times this season. (His biggest problem has been continuing to play and the lack of an experienced No 2 in my book). I have been concerned about his continual public confrontations with experienced players but he's probably been totally right in questioning their conviction to the club. Let's face it, for most of us what we look for first and foremost are players that play with passion and desire. I see Cole Skuse and see it abundance (with plenty of skill too!). In Dave Cotteril and Joe Asinyah I see skillful players not afraid to have a go a defenders. And did anyone else look up and see Gillespie shaping up for one effort on goal after a corner and think they saw Steven Gerrard in in a City shirt! with Lita likely to move one I'm looking forward to seeing more of Gilly up front.

So, whatever comes to pass this year, I'll be renewing. I'm even getting my pre-season optimism even earlier than usual!

RAF

P.S. It probably wasn't in any doubt in any case but I do like to play hard to get for a while at least!

How could renewing your ST ever be in question?

As long as you can afford it and get to games theres no reason not to for true fans.

True Robbered, but I do like to think I have a choice in the matter (as I eluded to in my PS). I am more optimistic now though. The days of journeyman players just picking up their wages are gone! Ermm...except for Dinning!

Archived