IGNORED

Busy Summer Then.

GrahamC

Now that the unlikely possibility of us reaching the playoffs is finally over it is time to look forward to what I expect to be a busy summer for Tinnion.

The first thing he has to do is sort his retained list, having already pruned a number this season I'd expect Loxton, Simpson, Bell and Davies to go, plus possibly Jamie Smith and Jonathan Gould.

He then has to sort out the futures of Dinning, Woodman, Goodfellow and Miller. The latter will, I expect, still go back to Scotland, whilst Woodman's future may well depend on whether we have enough funds to sign a left back and also whether Torquay want him.

Goodfellow and Dinning are damage limitation jobs, getting someone to take over Dinning's contract whilst we probably subsidise them is our best option there, whilst hopefully we can get Goodfellow off the wage bill too, but probably on a free now, making the decision to turn down Swansea's improved second bid a few months ago a bad one.

I assume that Tinnion and Stowell will retire as players, which will leave the dilemna of whether we can afford to keep Stowell on as a full time keeper coach, I would as I expect Shaun Taylor and Alan Walsh to go this summer and just one coach to come in to replace them.

The reserve keeper situation is vital because of the transfer window, we've had Jonathan Gould here long enough now to make up our minds on him but if we do release him, he needs to be replaced by someone with previous league experience to cover Phillips.

Then there are those who Tinnion may decide to sell or swap to bring new players to the club, specifically Doc, Heff and maybe Coles and Wilkshire come to mind, the judgement here has to be whether the player coming in makes us a better side than we were before the deal.

Lita's future is also key, I do not expect any fees to be paid at all if he stays, but should he go there may be a small amount to spend which would change the quality of the targets.

In my opinion we need in order; a centre back, a left sided midfielder/wing back and then if funds allow, a big striker, a left back and back up keeper, with good availability and goalscoring records and age being the important factors.

As for targets I was interested to see that the Bournemouth midfielder Garreth O'Connor (who got both goals against us this season) is on a Bosman this summer and expect those brought in to be in that sort of vein, the names mentioned already such as Grant Smith and Martin Devaney won't, I expect, be too far wide of the mark in calibre, even if it is not actually them that we sign.

Pretty well summed up there Andy!

My main interest is in who Tinnion gets in to fill the Center back position which has been City's Achilles heal all season.Evatt,Nelson or Coughlan seem to be the names on most peoples lips.Anyone of them would do for me.

Watch this space...

My main interest is in who Tinnion gets in to fill the Center back position which has been City's Achilles heal all season.Evatt,Nelson or Coughlan seem to be the names on most peoples lips.Anyone of them would do for me.

Watch this space...

Agree entirely as I have posted however, Evatt & Nelson are both under contract, with their clubs requiring a six figure fee, so forget them unless LL's sold.

Coughlan is by far the most realistic target although outside our preffered age group.

The first thing he has to do is sort his retained list, having already pruned a number this season I'd expect Loxton, Simpson, Bell and Davies to go, plus possibly Jamie Smith and Jonathan Gould.

I think Davies went before we signed Gould

Goodfellow and Dinning are damage limitation jobs, getting someone to take over Dinning's contract whilst we probably subsidise them is our best option there, whilst hopefully we can get Goodfellow off the wage bill too, but probably on a free now, making the decision to turn down Swansea's improved second bid a few months ago a bad one.

Agree

I assume that Tinnion and Stowell will retire as players, which will leave the dilemna of whether we can afford to keep Stowell on as a full time keeper coach, I would as I expect Shaun Taylor and Alan Walsh to go this summer and just one coach to come in to replace them.

For me Walsh, Taylor & Stowell will go leaving money in the budget to employ an expereinced Coach with Millen moving sideways or downwards.

The reserve keeper situation is vital because of the transfer window, we've had Jonathan Gould here long enough now to make up our minds on him but if we do release him, he needs to be replaced by someone with previous league experience to cover Phillips.

Agree and there should be plenty about.Tins may decide that our priorities lie elsewhere and it wouldn't surprise me to see him rely on loans.

Then there are those who Tinnion may decide to sell or swap to bring new players to the club, specifically Doc, Heff and maybe Coles and Wilkshire come to mind, the judgement here has to be whether the player coming in makes us a better side than we were before the deal.

Once again, it's a matter of priorities and Tins may decide that three smaller strikers are enough in LL, DC & SG and swap Heff for a target man

Lita's future is also key, I do not expect any fees to be paid at all if he stays, but should he go there may be a small amount to spend which would change the quality of the targets.

£1-1.3m Cash and he's gone

In my opinion we need in order; a centre back, a left sided midfielder/wing back and then if funds allow, a big striker, a left back and back up keeper, with good availability and goalscoring records and age being the important factors.

I think we may sacrifice a bit on the age part for a key player such as Coughlan.The left back spot can be covered by Woodman, Golbourne & even Fortune in emergencies, so the priority may be to strengthen elsewhere.

As for targets I was interested to see that the Bournemouth midfielder Garreth O'Connor (who got both goals against us this season) is on a Bosman this summer and expect those brought in to be in that sort of vein, the names mentioned already such as Grant Smith and Martin Devaney won't, I expect, be too far wide of the mark in calibre, even if it is not actually them that we sign.

Devaney's no better than Anyinsah and the wide left player may be McIndoe who had a hand in both goals Saturday.

Love to see O'Connor but that could change if Bmth make the play offs.

Archived