IGNORED

Matt Heywood And Grant Smith

eric04

Heywood can be replaced by a smiliar figure and Grant Smith is still very much not the finished article, despite his superb efforts since January.

That's what I keep trying to tell myself. If you knick them I'll be gutted though, that's the truth. Heywood looks like just the player you needed, not sure whether Smith would get into your middle, seeing if you keep hold of the paddy and Wilkshire.

I think Smith'll stay here provided it's not a Mickey Mouse contract, not so sure about Heywood.

The WDP have picked up on the double swoop for these two.... no quotes though

IMO Matt Heywood is little better than any of the other centre halfs in this division and also has a reputation for spending a large amount of time out on the town. From what I gather sounds like the type of player who would happily sit in the reserves for two seasons as long as the pay is alright.

Also those of you who know Swindle fans, how often do they wax lyrical about the skills of Matt Heywood.....

Grant Smith on the other hand sounds like a cracking player. Got into double figures for goals and is quite versatile. Has stated that he would like to stay at Swindle for the fans but I doubt they can offer him what we can in terms of salary. My only slight doubt would be that he is more of an orthodox midfielder than a pacy winger.

Not sure if I remeber this correctly,but weren't City linked with Heywood earlier in the season?

Maybe I've got the wrong player.

Yes, you are correct. The story about Heywood and Smith was in the WDP around Easter time. Must be a quiet news day at the WDP sports desk if they are re-hashing old stories...

Guest alex1089

Interesting! Could be sealed by monday then from the strong rumours about Heyward coming to us, Who else agrees?

Guest we8thegas

looks like Haywood is on his way here,hopefully with smith.He must be coming here,he fits the bill perfectly,big ugly centre back....6'3"...14st....and free dance.gif

but it might not be,who knows dunno.gif

damn i hate waiting,tell us now praying smiley.gif

Archived