IGNORED

Wednesday Fan's Thoughts

Ian M

• Admin
Wednesday Vs Bristol City Spook  - 20th post - 7 May 2005 20:57

My first game for a long time, since Peterborough at home i think. I was not at all impressed firsthalf, i was also absolutely freezing. The game did nothing to warm me up. I was slightly upset when i got to the game and found out Lucas was not playing, i instntly knew we would concede, it was just a matter of how many.

Paul Gallacher is so slow of his line and it cost us two goals. Why is Sturrock thinking of appealing. There is no arguing about it being a penalty and sending off, the argument is the ref played on for them and then gave the penalty after a few of their players confronted the ref with bullying tactics, which i suppose they learnt from the manager.

Bristol City did deserve to win though. This is because they had the two best players on the pitch. That right winger was like a train, absolutely lightening quick, who is he City fans? Surely could play at the highest level. Steve Brooker was a different class, he looks 35 but is 23! He is the sort of player that is so underrated but is milesbetter then Steve Howard because he has a bit of pace and vision as well as strengh.

Bristol Ciy fans, to be honest with Brooker and Lita in the team you should be disgusted that you are not in the playoffs.

Wednesday were poor. Lee Peacock came on and he played the best he has played for a long time, he ven played well wen he went in goal and looked more assured then Ola Tidman ever did. Upfront he was winning headers, spreading play and chasing. He really was the erason we got back in the game.

Thank God for Glenn Whealan, he is a one man mastro in that midfield. Steve Adams, awful!!

Alex Bruce was very surprising. He was very assured and i think he is a very good player and now i have seen him play i understand why Collins is not playing, although i don't understand how Wood can still get in the team.

Personally i feel that Bullen is most effective at full back where he links up brilliantly with JPM, they have obviously developed a great undertsnading since there time together in Scotland. Then Collins could go into the centre in place of Wood, who is always liable to a mistake.

Sounds like Anyinsah impressed again then to be a "standout" player biggrin.gif

We've had wingers at AG for years and nearly all of them were "flair" players.In other words one brilliant game in 4, plus one good game in 4 but also two poor games in four.Players like Clive Whitehead,Alan Walsh,Mark Gavin,"Smudger" Smith,Junior Bent,Greg Goodridge,Scott Murray and even Mark Goodfellow the list is almost endless.

Its too early to tell if Anyinsah will fit into the same catgory and I'm not expecting him to be brilliant every week but if he can maintain some steady form and consistancy then he'll be some player.

Anyinsah was out on loan at Hereford United this season where he impressed the Hereford manager, Graham Turner, with his lightening pace. It will be a good season next season with the likes of Anyinsah and the other young City lads ripping apart the poxy teams in this division with their pace and enthusiasm. chant6ez.gifcity.gif

If Tinman can get our defence sorted then long awaited promotion will be sorted for next season. city.gif

Admittedly I haven't seen Anyinsah play in this season's latter matches as the cricket season has now started, but can he play on the left like he did at the start? Imagine the fear we'd strike in to full backs with he and cotterill on th flanks!!

Sam

Admittedly I haven't seen Anyinsah play in this season's latter matches as the cricket season has now started, but can he play on the left like he did at the start?  Imagine the fear we'd strike in to full backs with he and cotterill on th flanks!!

Sam

Yes he played on the left a few times think he started against TOrquay at the beginning of the season.

Guest alex1089

Spook on the 606 rekons that Brooker will be top scorer next season and rates Fortune in the top 5 best Defenders in the division and is a sheff wed fan!!

Archived