IGNORED

Lansdown Confirms Interest

Dolman_Stand

Hope you don't mind a gate crasher,

The vast majority of us Sunderland fans don't want to see Stewart go as we believe he can still do a job in the premiership.

He has been consistantly one of our best palyers (even when he wasn't scoring for a while).

Don't think he wants to return to City just because its his childhood dream he wants to return to help city get promoted.

Good luck and look after him for us, now I have to follow city as well

Jessam

Cheers Jessam. Good luck in the prem. If you are looking for a quality midfielder can I interest you in Tony Dinning, he's available for nowt!

How many goals did dean windass score for bradford this year, i don't care how old he is as long as he helps us into the championship

I expect you know, but I'll go a long with it because it's an excellant point you make. For the record Dean Windass in 36 and scored 28 goals this season.

I for one am delighted and hope this happens. Marcus Stewart is quality, an intelligent footballer. City would be stark raving mad if they turnned down a relaistic possibility of signing him.

For the life of me I cannot understand some of the rubbish posted on this subject. I'm the first to comment when performances are not good enough or the frustration boils over of continuing to under achieve. But SHOULD this happen would be a massive boost for the club.

Best of luck Steve Landsdown, bring home the best Bristol footballer of a generation. And fellow City fans for god sake get behind this development it's great news!

On main site lansdown has confirmed negiotiations with marcus's agent saying he wouldnt normally comment on speculation but marcus has forced his hand with his comments today

Looks like its going to happen

There is no doubt he is a quality player and rated very highly by Championship teams. (who spotted the Sunderland fans pun gate crasher) ?

HOWEVER where is he going to play ? Is Leroy going, or will the Owls put in a bid for Brooker after Saturdays dazzling display. Personally I think if Leroy had been playing in our last two games we would be in the play-offs.

Also compared to the remaining squad (now Bell has been released) Marcus is a bit old don't you think ?

I'll not get my hopes up until it happened, but come on lads and lasses!

There are some on here if we signed Henri would say he is a bit past it and what about poor Leroy. He is a good Chamionship level striker! He could arguably play in the premiership!!

If we could pull it off it would be a real coup.

And he's played for the gas? Give us a break! Honest question - if MS came and played for us - how would the average gashead feel? GUTTED!!

Guest Jessam

Not sure that Stewart was released there was a mutual agreement that he wanted to leave the club and that is what happen. I don't know if this was some kind of masterplan but clubs don't release players they don't want, one game before the end of the season.

47,000 Sunderand fans (and a few hundred Stoke ) gave him a standing ovation on Sunday because we all knew that without him we would not be in the Premiership, all I can say to those that doubt his ablity, just look at his record this season and don't look a gift horse in the mouth when it comes your way.

I know this may sound stupid but having watched him all season I don't really understand why any city fan wouldn't want him. Its a rare event nowdays to find a quality player at any age with his talent who wants to play for a team he is passionate about.

Jessam

Not sure that Stewart was released there was a mutual agreement that he wanted to leave the club and that is what happen. I don't know if this was some kind of masterplan but clubs don't release players they don't want, one game before the end of the season.

47,000 Sunderand fans (and a few hundred Stoke ) gave him a standing ovation on Sunday because we all knew that without him we would not be in the Premiership, all I can say to those that doubt his ablity, just look at his record this season and don't look a gift horse in the mouth when it comes your way.

I know this may sound stupid but having watched him all season I don't really understand why any city fan wouldn't want him. Its a rare event nowdays to find a quality player at any age with his talent who wants to play for a team he is passionate about.

Jessam

It's taken an outsider to make the point and a point well made.

Marcus Stewart has consitently played at a level above City since the time he left the Gastards. Not only that, he has performed to a high standard consistently but he also has been successful. He has been there and done that, he knows what is required. Provided he still has the hunger his signing is a must.

That is not to say that key areas like the centre of defence do not need to be strenghened, clearly they do but quality players are at a premium especialy at league one level.

Jessam

Jessam. Best of luck in the Prem.

What would you say are Marcus Stewarts best attributes and where do most of his goals come from? Is he good at one on ones?,Whats his heading like?, Is he best with a big striker? Can he play just behind the front men or is he an out and out striker? Has he still got pace?

Cheers

Guest Jessam
Jessam. Best of luck in the Prem.

What would you say are Marcus Stewarts best attributes and where do most of his goals come from? Is he good at one on ones?,Whats his heading like?, Is he best with a big striker? Can he play just behind the front men or is he an out and out striker? Has he still got pace?

Cheers

All of the above, pace has gone a little but the skill makes up for it. Scored 17 league goals this season 11 from open play (crosses one on one)3 headers and 3 penalties. Scored 2 hat tricks Sept was first since Phillips in 2000. Movement off the ball, positioning and anticipation set him apart. Has played up front with Elliot, Brown and Bridges and as previously stated consistant in attitude and ability. Is still an out and out striker.

Jessam

Guest we8thegas
All of the above, pace has gone a little but the skill makes up for it. Scored 17 league goals this season 11 from open play (crosses one on one)3 headers and 3 penalties. Scored 2 hat tricks Sept was first since Phillips in 2000. Movement off the ball, positioning and anticipation set him apart. Has played up front with Elliot, Brown and Bridges and as previously stated consistant in attitude and ability. Is still an out and out striker.

Jessam

he's going to give em hell in our league dance.gif

Although a great move and one we should look forward to I can't help thinking that the likes of Heff and Gillespie probably don't view the news with the same anticipation.How big does the squad need to be for next seasons campaign, and how many strikers are needed??I just can't see Heff being happy playing reserve team football or is it Leroy to go?So many questions,I guess we have to wait for the answers city.gif

Although a great move and one we should look forward  to I can't help thinking that the likes of Heff and Gillespie probably don't view the news with the same anticipation.How big does the squad need to be for next seasons campaign, and how many strikers are needed??I just can't see Heff being happy playing reserve team football or is it Leroy to go?So many questions,I guess we have to wait for the answers city.gif

Leroy has been linked to Leeds and Wolves so maybe an offer is on the cards. I certainly hope we can keep Lita until at least January. By then we may have done a Luton and be ahead of the game. biggrin.gif

We can all dream can't we??? doh.gif

Leroy has been linked to Leeds and Wolves so maybe an offer is on the cards. I certainly hope we can keep Lita until at least January. By then we may have done a Luton and be ahead of the game. biggrin.gif

We can all dream can't we??? doh.gif

We must keep hold of Leroy unless it's silly money. I would suggest that we'd want at least £750,000 and unless Leeds have won the lottery they haven't got the money,as for Wolves,well I wouldn't advise Leroy to go play for Hoddle if I was his agent,surely another season of 25+ goals at our level would only enhance his reputation and secure him a move to the prem disapointed2se.gif

I'm neither spoilt or rich.

Just a lifelong City fan who hates the gas.

Can't you remember the way Stewart celebrated when he scored against us?

I'm assuming you are a City fan - well would you have done that? Would you have played for the gas in the first place if you were such a committed City fan as Stewart claims to be now he is deemed too old for the prem.

I remember the celebrations but i also remember the horrendous stick he was getting from the City fans beforehand.

No i can't imagine doing that myself, but i also can't imagine being turned down by City if i was of professional standard or being taunted like that by hundreds of City fans.

He went to Rovers very much as a second best because the moronic City scouts had turned him down, perhaps it was his way of saying "i told you so" to them.

Either way, only an idiot would hold it against him now, it's our clubs' fault that he was ever put in that odious position in the first place. We now have the chance to have him playing for City like he should have been in the first place - better late than never i say, let bygones be bygones and lets hope the deal goes through.

We must keep hold of Leroy unless it's silly money. I would suggest that we'd want at least £750,000 and unless Leeds have won the lottery they haven't got the money,as for Wolves,well I wouldn't advise Leroy to go play for Hoddle if I was his agent,surely another season of 25+ goals at our level would only enhance his reputation and secure him a  move to the prem disapointed2se.gif

Ken Bates now has Leeds sorted out and they are now in a position to sign players for around the £1m mark, so don't be surprised by them being after him.

Leeds signed Rob Hulse on Monday from WBA for a fee that will rise to £1.1m

They have money available......For the right players (as Ken Bates put it).

The other thing to look at now, is player exchanges....... With money being tight with alot of clubs and every club looking to offload to be able to sign new players, the player swap will be very much in evidence this summer.

Archived