IGNORED

Heywood To Bristol City

Rich-TWSC-

"we play golf together a lot and hopefully that wont change" would suggest that he is'nt moving very far.

Indeed. Good luck to the guy I hold no grudges if he leaves... It's Smith that I want to stay.

3 Year contracts eh. You don't know how lucky you are.

• Admin

That sounds to me like the interview went a little like this:

Journo: "Tell us who you're signing for, we don't want to get it wrong"

Heywood: "Don't want to say publicly just yet"

Journo: "Ok, tell me who then and I won't directly attribute any quotes to you but put it as the main slant of the story"

Indeed. Good luck to the guy I hold no grudges if he leaves... It's Smith that I want to stay.

You might want to prepare yourself for further disappointment then Rich.

This is all part of a master plan to turn you into the City fan we secretly all know you are. Basically, we're signing your entire team. Apart from Hewlett. biggrin.gif

3 Year contracts eh. You don't know how lucky you are.

don't think we hand out 3year deals.. not even to our youngsters

I was just thinking what happened last time we signed a commanding centre back from Swindon.

A cetain Mr Taylor.

I cant recall this guy is he in the Taylor mould?

This is all part of a master plan to turn you into the City fan we secretly all know you are. Basically, we're signing your entire team. Apart from Hewlett. biggrin.gif

.........and Roberts! shifty.gif

That would be a stroke of genius on Tinnion's behalf wouldn't it!

"Okay 7th placed Bristol City how do you get out of this division?"

(Reply)

"I know we'll get the out of contract players from 12th placed Swindon town!"

shifty.gif

Oh and whoever it was... Don't ever compare Matty Heywood to Shaun Taylor! You'll end up disappointed.

"I know we'll get the out of contract players from 12th placed Swindon town!"

shifty.gif

Oh and whoever it was... Don't ever compare Matty Heywood to Shaun Taylor! You'll end up disappointed.

I must admit that I raised an eyebrow when City were interested in Heywoood espescially as he played in a defence that shipped 68 goals last season at Swindon.I can only think that the other three must have been cr@p.

We won't compare anyone to Ooooooooo Shaun Taylor.Although Shaun was a limited footballer in terms of skill his application and "never say die" attitude were truly inspirational.How we've miss a player of his ilk since he retired.

I must admit that I raised an eyebrow when City were interested in Heywoood espescially as he played in a defence that shipped 68 goals last season at Swindon.I can only think that the other three must have been cr@p.

We won't compare anyone to Ooooooooo Shaun Taylor.Although Shaun was a limited footballer in terms of skill his application and "never say die" attitude were truly inspirational.How we've miss a player of his ilk since he retired.

I think you do Big Shaun a diservice there. He played top flight football. He could read a game better than almost any centre half I've seen at the Gate. He organised those around him to almost perfection. His heading was top draw. He was as brave as a lion. And his timing of tackles usually spot on.

And when you watch his distribution he rarely gave the ball away. Admittedly it was either a 5 yard pass or a 60 yard knock behind the full back but VERY acurate... in fact one of those passes Scott Murray was starved of all season.

I think you do Big Shaun a diservice there. He played top flight football. He could read a game better than almost any centre half I've seen at the Gate. He organised those around him to almost perfection. His heading was top draw. He was as brave as a lion. And his timing of tackles usually spot on.

And when you watch his distribution he rarely gave the ball away. Admittedly it was either a 5 yard pass or a 60 yard knock behind the full back but VERY acurate... in fact one of those passes Scott Murray was starved of all season.

Don't take it the wrong way!

Taylor was indeed a capable centerback but his determination and attitude made up for his lack of pace and skill.He was very exposed everytime he came up against a quick attacker who would rather go around him than over him.The likes of Ian Wright and a young Alan Shearer made Taylor look very ordinary.Thats why Swindon got hammered several times when they had one season in the Premiership.

Taylor spent most of his carreer in the lower leagues which reflects his skill abilty as a footballer but I'm not taking anything away from Taylor.He and Gerry Gow are my favourite two players that I've ever seen in a City shirt and thats saying something.

Archived