IGNORED

Haven't We Forgotten Something?

mrevans

After a pretty disappointing season, I'm glad that there seems to be real efforts to sign new blood- Marcus Stewart, Matt Heywood and a new £7m stand.

However,there hasn't been any mention recently about getting more experience on the coaching staff. We tried to get Graham Taylor a while ago, but on that front it seems to have gone quiet.

I think if we're going to to do anything next season, this area needs to be addressed. Why don't we ask Terry Venables or Bobby Robson? If you don't ask you don't get.

I was thinking that last night? then I had a look at Trevor Francis whilst watching the footie last night  and thought " hmm, maybe he could help " dunno.gif

Ray Wilkins did a good job as an experienced man next to unexperienced manager in Dennis Wise. Could do a good job for us... wages a problem maybe (as with everthing/everyone).

However,there hasn't been any mention recently about getting more experience on the coaching staff.

No mention on here, that's true, but I'm sure plenty of conversations have been taking place behind the scenes. But hopefully not with Trevor Francis.

We won't get a new coach. I'm very secptical of us attempting to get Graham Taylor,it was just a smoke screen to cover up our poor displays on the pitch at the time.

Ditto for the Stewart signing, he won't come.

Bcfc could teach Labour and the Tories a thing or two about spin.

I don't think we'll be getting a new number 2, Tinnions himself admits this in the following item taken from the thisisbristol website -

Bristol City boss Brian Tinnion insists he fully expects his managerial partnership with Keith Millen to continue next season. The Robins boss is full of praise for the contribution made by his No 2 during a difficult first campaign together.

And he believes their experiences this season will galvanise them for another shot at the promotion prize next term.

Tinnion said: "I've never had one disagreement with Keith. He has been supportive of me and I've been the same with him, and I believe we're stronger now and we'll get stronger still.

"When you only get two points from your first five games it's tough and you need people to stand up and be counted.

"Keith did that and he's a good coach and organiser. I used to go and watch him coaching the academy and I knew his strengths, which is why I made him my assistant.

"You need people around you with different ideas, who you can talk things through with. We'll sit down together at the end of the week and discuss what we could have done better and how we can get more points to make us more of a force next time."

I don't think we'll be getting a new number 2, Tinnions himself admits this in the following item taken from the thisisbristol website -

Bristol City boss Brian Tinnion insists he fully expects his managerial partnership with Keith Millen to continue next season. The Robins boss is full of praise for the contribution made by his No 2 during a difficult first campaign together.

And he believes their experiences this season will galvanise them for another shot at the promotion prize next term.

Tinnion said: "I've never had one disagreement with Keith. He has been supportive of me and I've been the same with him, and I believe we're stronger now and we'll get stronger still.

"When you only get two points from your first five games it's tough and you need people to stand up and be counted.

"Keith did that and he's a good coach and organiser. I used to go and watch him coaching the academy and I knew his strengths, which is why I made him my assistant.

"You need people around you with different ideas, who you can talk things through with. We'll sit down together at the end of the week and discuss what we could have done better and how we can get more points to make us more of a force next time."

So the time that BT disagreed with a certain substitution that KM made !!

Nah, no disagreements.

Lets hope this work that is going on in the background brings forth an experienced Coach, that can sit down with them both & explain a few things.

Learning curve rofl2br.gif

Archived