IGNORED

New Stand

The Batman

when completed, will be still be known as the east end???

or will it be names after another great city player....

SUGGESTIONS -

The Dziekanowski stand (love commentators trying to pronounce it)???

The Wedlock stand???

The East End???

The Junior Bent stand????

The Blackthorn Stand???

The Sam Hollis stand???

Guest MaloneFM

Having annoyed Colin Sexedup on more than one occasion and even offered him his 6 grand for a debenture seat on the spot.

The new stand will be called the Wedlock stand.

I tried to explain that not many of us, if any, can remember Fatty Wedlock. Quite a few of us think its named after the tatty pub near Ashton Park. ANd he says he has always referred to it as 'the covered end'.

I then tried the 'we have got a squad number, why can't we have a stand as well' argument. This didn't work either. My final throw of the dice was 'if it was called the Colin Sexton East End I'd write you a cheque for a debenture seat and a brick right now'.

He chuckled like a suntanned vampire and waved me away.

So there you have it.

Guest MaloneFM

He also said the next seasons season tickets will not have 'season 04/05' on them.

Just the words 'NEXT SEASON'.

It seems this is when we are going up and will releive the pressure on the board and manager.

The Alan Dicks stand would seem a good call to remember our most sucessful manager.

P.S. I hadn't realised till last week that Alan Dicks was part of the Chelsea squad that won the league back inn the '50's.

ta very much MaloneFM, still think the Junior Bent stand would have been best.

The Junior Bent stand: Its looks good at a quick glance, but when you get to know it better you realise it actually was not much of an improvement on what you had before.

Dziekanowski stand: everybody loves it, but when asked why no one has a clue.

Doherty stand; fantastic for 60 mins, and then you have to move. Great catering - even sells fags!

Stewart stand - everbody loves the design on paper, but no one is sure whether it will really materilise.

Please continue with any player of your choice!

Should be the Wedlock East End Stand, as far as I'm concerned, though obviously there will be a sponsor too.

However, perhaps we could simply call it the Bristol City Stand - apt because, just like the club, rebuilding work begins in the summer and it should be up by this time next year...

How about...

The Paul Heffernan stand - when we bought it everyone wondered why we needed a fifth stand which doesnt get anywhere near the pitch. we're still wondering.

The Bradley Orr stand - We are told its a stand, but no-one is really sure what its for.

The Lee Miller stand - Never really that convincing and looks a bit flimsy. But when its erected in Scotland it looks like the best stand in the world.

The Leroy Lita stand - its the best stand in the world, certainly the best we've had in a long time. But, people still complain about it for some reason.

Should be the Wedlock East End Stand, as far as I'm concerned, though obviously there will be a sponsor too.

However, perhaps we could simply call it the Bristol City Stand - apt because, just like the club, rebuilding work begins in the summer and it should be up by this time next year...

Have you ever considered a position in tabloid journalism?

I think if it stays 'the Blackthorn Wedlock End' then that is fine.

'East End' is a nice term of affection for us but I think the official stand name paying tribute to Billy Wedlock is better. Too many grounds across the country have the rather uninspiring "east/north/south/west stand/end" name.

Archived