IGNORED

Peacock Foul Ratings

Robbored

Peacock has committed 65 fouls this season so far - more than any other player in the League and Peacock is a striker! You'd expect the most fouls committed to go against a defender or combative midfielder,but no, Peacock is leading the stats at this point.No wonder we get frustrated with him giving possesion to the opposition with his clumsy challenges.

On a positive note Wilkshire is joint top of the assist stats on 8 with Ferguson of Wrexham.

It is a problem he has, they are all for minor fouls like backing in jumping, shirt pulling etc. I think it is a point for concern as giving away that many free kicks looks bad for him and referees may change thier opinion of him. Also he is giving the opposition possession of the ball which is not what we want and from gaining the ball they may build an attack and score which could affect our final league position

Ladies & Gentlemen of the Jury-I REST MY CASE!!

I actually had no idea about these stats or I'd probably have posted them myself as I've been carping on about this for some time.

I'd be interested in Butlers fouls per game record as well.

Both of them give away far too many free kicks and, at a guess, I reckon at least 80% of our goals conceeded have come from set pieces-That's the point!

In Peacock's defence (which is not like me) I do think he often gets penalised unfairly, particularly for backing in, probably because of his size. Defenders tend to be pretty good at pushing and pulling strikers around and yet still winning the free kick. Peacock maybe needs to wise up a bit.

In Peacock's defence (which is not like me) I do think he often gets penalised unfairly.
Totally agree with City Rocker

Whilst it is fustrating, I am certain that Peacock is often unfairly dealt with by refs.... so much so that one of my pals is certain that he has slept with a one of the ref's wifes and the word is out from the men in black to "get him", on a good number of occasions the whistle is being blow before he has even jumped for the ball.

The alternatives is for him not to contest for the ball?

Peacock maybe needs to wise up a bit.
Yep. One of his main tricks is to grab a handful of the defender's shirt as he's backing in - easier for the alert ref to se than the fans a hundred yards away.

As others have pointed out it is niggly and it concedes posession, losing any attacking momentum we may have at the time. What gets me though is that he is perfectly capable of winning the ball fairly if he'd only try.

NB - from TV highlights his goal on Saturday could easily have been chalked off because he'd put his hands on the defender, yet the guy had already misjudged the flight so why risk fouling him?

In Peacock's defence (which is not like me) I do think he often gets penalised unfairly, particularly for backing in, probably because of his size. Defenders tend to be pretty good at pushing and pulling strikers around and yet still winning the free kick. Peacock maybe needs to wise up a bit.
All the referees can't be wrong.

You're right though, he does need to wise up.

Peacock is not treated unfairly at all. Its all the referees that penalise him.As someone already said they can't all be wrong.

What irritates me is his reaction to getting penalised.He always claims to be hard done by and not guilty of any offence.

He should work on his backing in and general upper body/arm use when in contact with defenders.Surely Wilson and Barlowe would have worked with him around that aspect of his game.Him giving away free-kicks when City are attacking is so frustrating for all those supporting the team and needs to be addressed.

A striker being the player guilty of most fouls in the leauge? Thats a bit of a supprise, as someone else said perhaps a hard-tackling defender in the S Taylor mould would be a more likely candidate. Peacock does seem to give away a lot of fouls, and the stat's back that up. The truth is when were in attacking possitions we need to be keeping hold of possession, not giving away pointless fouls. May I enquire how many times he's been caught offside this season? Too many in my opinion!

Guest Dolman Moaner

Shocking stats.

Anyone would think it was a contact sport.

The type of game he plays, he will always give away fouls, I've never been his biggest fan but from what I have seen of him in the last few games he is starting to really hit some form again.

Peacock wise up.... I dont think so , unfortunately its his game....

Archived