IGNORED

Top 10 Favourite Films

PhatWill

Every christmas eve old Rog, Mrs Malone and Durden settle down to a tub of Pringles and a bucket of Pimms and

Its A Wonderful Life

God bless you Mr Kapra and Mr Stewart  crying.gif

"everytime a bell rings, an angel gets its wings"

this may make you sound old but that is my grandfathers favourite film, but i agree its a great film. good choice Malonefm

its under rated as you can get it cheap in HMV (£6.99 i got it for on dvd) and it did bugger all when it came out back in the 90's, it only became well known well after it was released, and the critics at the time didn't rate it either. On the dvd i got, there is a documentary, and most of the critics said that it was just another prison movie. How how wrong they were....

Rubbish, i've bought many a critically acclaimed film for that money and less. Critics do not make a film, the amount of people who have seen it do, in shawshanks case, nearly everyone. So no it isnt under rated, it is rated as it should be as a masterpiece. By the way the usual suspects was hated when it cae out. Was in my local multiplex for 3 days. Is this under rated i think not.

Batman and robin now that is under rated, its so much worse than anyone has ever said!

Rain man.

Pretty Woman

Dirty Dancing

Luke if you ever wanna go to the cinema can I come to.

Legendary films.............. "I've had the time of my life" and so on and so on.

Has anybody mentioned the LOTR trilogy yet?

Plus any Harry Potter is always a good one.

Or was this supposed to be a serious topic?

Dollymarie

Rubbish, i've bought many a critically acclaimed film for that money and less. Critics do not make a film, the amount of people who have seen it do, in shawshanks case, nearly everyone. So no it isnt under rated, it is rated as it should be as a masterpiece. By the way the usual suspects was hated when it cae out. Was in my local multiplex for 3 days. Is this under rated i think not.

Batman and robin now that is under rated, its so much worse than anyone has ever said!

The amount of people that see the film do make the movie, i agree with you. I am saying is that Shawshank wasn't seen that much when it was at the cinema and only became popular afterwards.

Guest DouglasFir

I was luck enough to see an advance screening of this movie whilst in the States last month and I loved it... so my number one spot goes to...

IPB Image

Let's see my other nine would be...

The Goonies

Star Wars

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Chasing Amy

Halloween

Evil Dead II

The Shawshank Redemption

Jackie Brown

I'll just give my top 3 films lest I become too engrossed in this fascinating topic. :dance: ......

1) Forbidden Planet.

My plagiarised review of this film from the amazon.com website.....

This 1956 adaptation of Shakespeare's 'The Tempest' is one of the best, most influential science fiction movies ever made. Its space explorers are the models for the crew of Star Trek's Enterprise, and the film's robot is clearly the prototype for Robby in Lost in Space. Walter Pidgeon is the Prospero figure, presiding over a paradisiacal world with his lovely young daughter and their servile droid. When the crew of a spaceship lands on the planet, they become aware of a sinister invisible force that threatens to destroy them. Great special effects and a bizarre electronic score help make this movie as fresh, imaginative, and fun as it was when first released. :farmer:

2) The Good, the Bad, the Ugly.

Clint Eastwood (the Man with No Name) is good, Lee Van Cleef (Angel Eyes Sentenza) is bad, and Eli Wallach (Tuco Benedito Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez) is ugly in the final chapter of Sergio Leone's trilogy of spaghetti westerns. :D

3) Thunderbolt and Lightfoot.

Amazon.com essential video review.....

Jeff Bridges actually corralled an Oscar nomination for his spirited, oddball performance in this genre crime story, directed by first-timer Michael Cimino who (a short two films later) would bring down a studio with Heaven's Gate. Clint Eastwood plays a bank robber par excellence with a flair for explosives who is being hunted by his former partners, who think he has their loot from their last job. Bridges is his eager apprentice and sidekick, who helps him escape; when Eastwood finally makes peace with his hunters, Bridges convinces them to try a daring robbery--but things inevitably go awry. The relationship between Eastwood and Bridges is both funny and touching in this, one of Eastwood's better post-Dirty Harry efforts. :whistle:

In no particular order:

1. Pimpernel Smith (1940's anti nazi propaganda film starring Leslie Howard)

2. Goodbye Mr Chips starring Robert Donat

3. Marathon Man starring Dustin Hoffman..... is it safe??

4. MASH

5. Jesus of Montreal

6. The Eagle Has Landed

7. The Mission

8. Life of Brian

9. Dave, starring Kevin Kline (about a man impersonating the US President)

10. The Way Ahead starring David Niven (wartime drama about new recruits to the army)

Goodbye Mr. Chips is a real tear jerker. I wouldn't of thought of that one.

My favourites, no particular order

1) Zulu

2) Kind Hearts and Coronets

3) The Lost Horizon

4) The King and I

5) Rear Window

6) North by Northwest

7) The Sound of Music

8) Spartacus

9) Jason and the Argonauts

10) West Side Story

Not forgetting South Pacific, Bali marvellous, I love it.

All oldies, no apologies, they're all classics too. :)

No special order

Das Boot.

Platoon.

Outlaw josey Wales.

Gallipoli.

X Men 1, 2 & 3

Spinal Tap

Cross of Iron.

when The Lion feeds.

Battle of britain.

Alien

Schindlers List.

The original All Quiet on The western Front

The Carry On films

Christina F

Guest DrFaustus

Its a family forum, doc. Dolls is watching and we cant have corruption of minors can we? :whistle:

Why ever not? Scargill and Thatcher corrupted them in the 80s. :rolleyes:

Archived