IGNORED

Hearts To Pay

Ronnie

Guest Tian

If thats true i think we should've held out for a bit more.

£225,000 for a 22 year old international! Who has scored 11 goals in 21 games in Scotland. Considering we paid £325,000 for Brooker who was not as proven as Miller.

Just seems as though we're wanting to get rid of him quickly rather than hold out for the best deal possible.

• Admin
If thats true i think we should've held out for a bit more.

£225,000 for a 22 year old international! Who has scored 11 goals in 21 games in Scotland. Considering we paid £325,000 for Brooker who was not as proven as Miller.

Just seems as though we're wanting to get rid of him quickly rather than hold out for the best deal possible.

We haven't paid £325k for Brooker though.....

Can someone clear something up for me here please...

It says that Lee Miller has been given permission to negotiate between the 2 clubs ( Hearts and Aberdeen respectivly ) .

Does this mean that the final selling price has been finalise and just the terms of contract have to be agreed between the two clubs who ever he signs for, or have City just chucked the Cat amogst the Pigeons so both clubs can scrap it out for his signature IE Bidding...?

If there's a large sell on (25-30%) I think it's a good deal for everyone.

Should it help us free up some cash for the areas we need to strengthen then great.

Miller has been much better back in Scotland and I hope he has a great career.

Nibor

If there's a large sell on (25-30%) I think it's a good deal for everyone.

Should it help us free up some cash for the areas we need to strengthen then great.

Miller has been much better back in Scotland and I hope he has a great career.

Nibor

Spot on and agree in the fullest possible way with everything in this post.

£225,000 plus 'appearence and goal fees' is not an adequate deal in my eyes.

11 league goals in 21 appearences for a future Scotland international, unless their is at least a 30% sell on clause included in the deal then this is a poor piece of business.

Yes he is surplus to requirements and yes Tinnion wants money to strengthen other areas of the team, and yes he only has a year left - but if we are looking at a deal totaling £250,000 max without a sell on clause then this is poor business.

So you know exactly how much the goal and appearance monies amount to ?  Can you share it with us ?

If you don't know, how can you say it is not adequate ?

Do you know what his wages amount to, and has that been taken into consideration ? Is there a sell-on clause ?  There is certainly a payment if Hearts get into Europe while Miller is with them - you missed that one out.

I would think there is a tidy profit to be made here.

Gee for someone who's screenname is 'cynic' you sure take a positive outlook on things.

Of course i don't know exaclty how much the deal could eventually be worth. However it is a fair assumption that, as with deals such as this, appearance fee's will amount to virtually nothing, possibly an extra £20,000 after 50 league games for the club. Goal bonuses will follow the same suit and IF Hearts get into Europe we will receive a bit more 'pocket money.'

The whole point of clauses such as this is that clubs cannot afford to pay large amounts up front so they wager small amounts on varying things throughout the players designated contract time. I will be very surprised if the deal totals £350,000 assuming all potential payments come off.

2 years ago we invested £325,000 in a young talented player, we are now selling a player who has a very impressive record in the Scottish Premier League - his goals to games ratio surpassing all others in that league i believe, and a player who has recently been called into the full Scotland squad. All potential payments included i cant imagine we stand to make a £100,000 profit - which is why a sell on clause is essential to this kind of deal.

Can people please just get over this?

Lee Miller is happy back in Scotland fact

Lee Miller is happy being closer to his family fact

Lee Miller only has a year left on his contract fact

Lee Miller seems more suited to Scottish football fact

Hearts are getting a good young player fact

It is unlikely that we would be playing Miller regularly next season fact

We're getting a return on our investment, plus maybe a little more fact

This is a good deal all round and will only rise when he becomes successful up there.

Lets all wish him all the best, see it's a good deal for all parties concerned and get over it.

Oh, and may I add Grannyjoy will always be welcome on this forum fact wink.gif

We're getting a return on our investment, plus maybe a little more fact

The only one i disagree with. And as I'm looking at the deal from a business point of view this is the one that bothers me.

Ha ha, if i cant proove that we will make a loss (as has been asked of me!), then you certianly cant proove we will make a profit! wink.gif

Lets all wish him all the best

Agreed.

• Admin
Gee for someone who's screenname is 'cynic' you sure take a positive outlook on things.

Of course i don't know exaclty how much the deal could eventually be worth. However it is a fair assumption that, as with deals such as this, appearance fee's will amount to virtually nothing, possibly an extra £20,000 after 50 league games for the club. Goal bonuses will follow the same suit and IF Hearts get into Europe we will receive a bit more 'pocket money.'

The whole point of clauses such as this is that clubs cannot afford to pay large amounts up front so they wager small amounts on varying things throughout the players designated contract time. I will be very surprised if the deal totals £350,000 assuming all potential payments come off.

2 years ago we invested £325,000 in a young talented player, we are now selling a player who has a very impressive record in the Scottish Premier League - his goals to games ratio surpassing all others in that league i believe, and a player who has recently been called into the full Scotland squad. All potential payments included i cant imagine we stand to make a £100,000 profit - which is why a sell on clause is essential to this kind of deal.

If I recall correctly, the £325k we agreed to was made up of various clauses itself with a significantly lower down-payment. How come this is a mute point when applied to our purchasing of a player but becomes salient when we sell the same player?

Can people please just get over this?

Oh, and may I add Grannyjoy will always be welcome on this forum fact wink.gif

This is One fact i could not and will not disagree with.

Grannyjoy please come back and visit us one day soon. PLEASE!!!!

and wish Lee all the very best from me at Hearts. I will be watching his career there very closely with interest. I am infact going along the lengths of buying a Hearts shirt. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Club and player sound like they have struck a good deal at last. Good luck to Lee. What are city fans going to talk about now we don't have a Miller debate anymore????

Sadly, in the future we could well be debating his success in the SPL, the number of Scottish Caps he wins, moving to a Premiership team for a few million and then, how did we let him go so cheaply or why did we let him go at all!

Sadly, in the future we could well be debating his success in the SPL, the number of Scottish Caps he wins, moving to a Premiership team for a few million and then, how did we let him go so cheaply or why did we let him go at all!

Actually I think we'll be debating how lucky we were to get rid of him when he still had a year on his contract so that we got some money for him and that sell-on clause which has netted us a tidy earner, and how fantastic it is he became such a success since he was a good lad.

If we'd kept him, in the next close season it would have been daggers for the board, because a homesick Miller who had barely featured because of our plethora of strikers had gone on a free, and then several years later was this huge roaring success everyone is predicting.

Archived