IGNORED

Tins On The Radio....

eric04

Typical... sounds like the most interesting part will be during the FA Cup doh.gif

Great scheduling Radio Bristol pinch.gif

Snippets of what to come:

Tommy D hasn't trained enough

Tommy D hasn't played enough

Tommy D hasn't played to his full potential

His reaction has been disappointing

Should be a good listen.

Despite people whinging about 'selling our best player', if he isn't reacting to what the club say he has to go

Anyone with an ounce of savy will know that Doherty's days at City are over.Ever since Tinnion took over Doherty's application and attitude has deteriorted to the point where it simply can't be tolerated any longer.

Coles had a similar problem but after show down talks has knuckled down and applied himslef to the task of playing for BCFC - but not Doherty.

"Best player?" A few seasons ago maybe but not this season or last.He won't be missed next season.Goodbye and good riddance to a disruptive influence.

Someone posted earlier that Doherty has gone from "Hero to Zero" - How right they are.

Exactly - I've always believed that no player should be bigger then the club. It doesn't matter if you don't like your boss, you should still do your best - especially when you have chosen a career that is short and you have only a few key seasons to truely make your mark.

edit due to a slip of a letter... making the word 'bigger' possibly offensive doh.gif

Anyone with an ounce of savy will know that Doherty's days at City are over.Ever since Tinnion took over Doherty's application and attitude has deteriorted to the point where it simply can't be tolerated any longer.

Coles had a similar problem but after show down talks has knuckled down and applied himslef to the task of playing for BCFC - but not Doherty.

"Best player?"  A few seasons ago maybe but not this season or last.He won't be missed next season.Goodbye and good riddance to a disruptive influence.

Someone posted earlier that Doherty has gone from "Hero to Zero" - How right they are.

He won't be missed by you is what you should be saying!

For those of you glued to the FA Cup footage, the highlights of the latest part of the interview (and I think the one that has been the most interesting and insightful:

Tommy D this season has:

Has missed nine weeks of training

Been suspended five times

Loads of bookings (missed the exact figure)

Tins believe he has to move on and fulfil his potential somewhere else, because it isn't going to happen at BCFC.

The only way he'll benefit the club is to leave now and get us a fee, as opposed to walking for nothing next season.

Tins wants his own squad that will give 100%, and Tommy D, Dinning and Goodfellow haven't done this.

Doesn't matter who it is - not a personal vendetta - if Lita doesn't give 100% he'll be dropped. If Brooker doesn't give 100% he'll be dropped. Same for anyone else.

Question about Tin's mates and how they are perceived within the squad. Murray is seen by fans as his best mate and he is, but he's dropped him in the last few games in favour of Cotteril.

Tough decisions - roomed with Bell for five years, know his wife and kids and he's put him out of a job. Hasn't liked doing this but he knows it has to be done, especially with Golbourne coming through, who Tins sees as the future.

Wants Coles to stay and be a part of his squad, since he's has proved himself and turned his attitude around.

Whether the players approved of his appointment - it's whatevers right for the club, many managers in the past have cleared out the old guard and their old mates.

Dinning - everybody (fans, him, chairman, staff) wanted to sign him, but has disappointed since with both effort and performances. Tins wants to offload him as soon as possible. Highly unlikely that he'll ever play with Brown, Anyinsah, Skuse and Wilkshire impressing. Basically said that in hindsight it was a big mistake signing him.

Asked about players leaving Bristol and coming back to the comfort zone - Carey brought back because Tins knew he was a good player. Happy with his performances. Signed back on a free. Tins expects him to be a major influence next year.

Mostly about the youths coming through. Tins was able to name some hopefuls for the future, right down to a 15 year old - I found myself at that point actually wondering whether Danny Wilson could do the same? My first instinct is to say no.

Tins reckons the academy is vital and a great asset to the club. Because of him playing youngsters such as Brown, Anyinsah, Cotterill and Golbourne (who no-one had heard of at the start of last season) the youngsters are now seeing that it is possible to get into the first team with the right attitude - as he put it, they can see the chink of light at the end of the tunnel.

This has only been added by Wring being given a start, and the fact that some of the youngsters have been travelling with the first team to games at the end of the season (which I have to admit is a great idea, given the young hopefuls a taste of what they can achieve if they work for it)

Noted that we have made a step backwards but feels it will pay dividends in the long run.

The left wing is still a problem and Tins wants a left footed player - he says that Wilkshire started well but opposition teams soon sussed out that he was always cutting in on his right foot.

He also wants a commanding man at the back, though he praised Fortune for his attitude - citing his quickness and height. He made it pretty clear he wanted a new man there in my opinion though.

A keeper is also a priority. Stowell will more then likely become a coach.

Tins also wants us to play uptempo football. He thinks that our youth can run further and longer then the opposition, and that when we've upped the speed in games opposition managers have told him that they are very hard to play, and much better.

Commented that Orr, Brown and Gillespie ("the Scousers") would run through walls for each other, which is exactly what he wants.

The interviewer commented on the number of staff - why look to hire more? Tins said he has a lot but they're mostly inexperienced. Would still like someone to fill the 'mentor' role for him, but believe that his staff are becoming more experienced all the time.

Nobody wanted the season to end, especially the youngsters. Next season he wants the players walking through the door with the determination to finish first in the league.

I thought he came across well and the questions certainly weren't always that easy, so fair play to Alistair Durden.

If I had a couple of criticisms it would be that he wasn't asked whether he looked into Dinning's background before signing him (6 previous loan spells!) and the inference in the fact that Tinnion wants another coach must be that Taylor and Walsh's futures are in some doubt, but he wasn't asked about that at all.

Writings clearly on the wall for Doc and Goodfellow though.

• Admin
Glad to see he realises the future is the acedemy, what I have been saying for years.  But why didn't he just start playing them from the start of the season?

He did, but they only picked up 2 points from 15 and he reverted to experience. With hindsight it might have been better to start with experience and then bring them in in drips & drabs as he did towards the end of the season....

Archived