IGNORED

Lucky Arsenal!

Longacre_red

Didn't deserve to win that at all, but as everybody knows once a game goes to penalties it's anybodies game.

Fair play to Arsenal for staying in the game though, United put them on the backfoot for 95% of the game. Arsenal didn't get a corner until the end of the first half of extra time. I don't think that it was a case of United being that much better (although Rooney and Ronaldo were exceptional), but more of a case of Arsenal not being in the right frame of mind to win. How that can be said of a team in the FA Cup final I don't know, but that's what it looked like.

True, Man Utd were the better team, but at the end of the day they didn't score and Arsenal won legitimately.

If we were still in the old days of cup final replays (glad they don't do those anymore, but of an anticlimax in my opinion) then who knows, Arsenal could have walked away with the game.

Having all the shots on goal isn't enough - you have to stick it in the onion bag.

To be perfectly honest over the 120 minutes Man United were mugged of the cup. Ruud isnt at his best and should have had a hat-trick today don't know what he was doing when he tried to backheel it in in extra time.

Roy Carroll though what a terrible keeper when it comes to penalties, he didnt have a clue and they nearly replaced him with Howard.

Have to agree with taz Rooney and Ronaldo were exceptional today and didnt deserve to be on the losing side. But credit to Lehmann and Senderos who were great today.

If you don't score you don't win. Cliche but it's the fact of this final. Arsenal were poor but there were moments that if Man Utd had played simple football it would have been 1-0, like Van Nistlerooy trying to do a fancy back-heel instead of controlling and shooting.

Man Utd were unlucky but that's life. About time they got some bad luck.

Oh how I hate Man Utd.

Guest we8thegas
I hate Man United with a passion and I was delighted to see the Gooners notch up another trophy under Wenger.

It couldn't have been any sweeter, Man U dominate the entire game before losing on pens - brilliant!

Agreed,can't stand them,now all that's needed is for Man Ure to fail to qualify for the champions league,drop in profits,Glazer to sell old trafford and best players then bail out praying smiley.gif

Agreed,can't stand them,now all that's needed is for Man Ure to fail to qualify for the champions league,drop in profits,Glazer to sell old trafford and best players then bail out praying smiley.gif

Well you are living in a dreamworld sunshine.Man Utd proved today that they are head and shoulders above Arsenal when it comes to playing the game but were not good enough in the lottery of a penalty shootout.

Next season Man Utd will win The Premier League because Chelsea will not have the stomach,bottle or the character to defend their title just like Arsenal who failed on many occasions to defend their title.Man Utd also have a huge advantage over the rest because they have the most outstanding young footballer the world has ever seen and he is English unlike the French and foreign trash that play for Arsenal.

Well you are living in a dreamworld sunshine.Man Utd proved today that they are head and shoulders above Arsenal when it comes to playing the game but were not good enough in the lottery of a penalty shootout.

Next season Man Utd will win The Premier League because Chelsea will not have the stomach,bottle or the character to defend their title just like Arsenal who failed on many occasions to defend their title.Man Utd also have a huge advantage over the rest because they have the most outstanding young footballer the world has ever seen and he is English unlike the French and foreign trash that play for Arsenal.

I think that's actually racist. "Foreign trash" if you had said "Black trash" or "white trash" it would be no different.

Guest we8thegas

chelsea will top the prem again,too strong(Man Ure 1 - Chelsea 3),4 Man Ure players cost more than Chelsea's whole 11 dance.gif,less revenue = less spending power £20mil whistling.gif ,next leeds united i hope fingersx.gif

Spoken like a true part-time football fan with a hint of racism.

Are you a Bristol Rovers or Manchester United fan? I only ask because it states you are a Rovers fan but that rant was something of a United fan wittering on. Life is so unfair for Manchester United.

In regards to Rooney... he was pretty damn good this season and it didn't make any difference.

Guest east_dundry_red
Didn't deserve to win that at all, but as everybody knows once a game goes to penalties it's anybodies game.

Fair play to Arsenal for staying in the game though, United put them on the backfoot for 95% of the game. Arsenal didn't get a corner until the end of the first half of extra time. I don't think that it was a case of United being that much better (although Rooney and Ronaldo were exceptional), but more of a case of Arsenal not being in the right frame of mind to win. How that can be said of a team in the FA Cup final I don't know, but that's what it looked like.

95% try 60% first 30mins was all Arsenal.

Ronaldo will NEVER be a good player. He dives to much. the problem is plyers arent tough anymore. If he came up agaist a player like me he would NEVER EVER EVER want to step foot on a pitch again.

At the end of the days its arsenal's f.a cup and the poo walk away with sweet (I tried to say a naughty word) ALL!

Guest east_dundry_red

They cant be that great they FAILED to score agaist Arsenal.

Arsenal were awsome when it came to defending Man utd didnt have a strike force to score.

Chelsea will win it again next year and man utd buckeneers will start their spiral down the league when the yank starts to take out loans to cover the cost of his buying of the club.

Ronaldo will NEVER be a good player. He dives to much. the problem is plyers arent tough anymore. If he came up agaist a player like me he would NEVER EVER EVER want to step foot on a pitch again.

If Ronaldo came across a player like you....he'd never be able to walk again, never mind

play!

Arsenal were awsome when it came to defending Man utd didnt have a strike force to score.

What defence!? Ronaldo and Rooney ran them ragged. The only thing that kept Arsenal in the game were a few good saves from Lehman and post/bar.

Arsenal never turned up for most of the game.

95% try 60% first 30mins was all Arsenal.

At the end of the days its arsenal's f.a cup and the poo walk away with sweet (I tried to say a naughty word) ALL!

Jas, nice to see you popping up on here!! what you say is rubbish though!!

Ronaldo is phenomenal! True pace in the brain and feet. Yes he goes down easy and that is wrong so I would like to hear your opinions on Pires!!

And arsenal did not dominate for any half hour period of that game at all!!!

They cant be that great they FAILED to score agaist Arsenal.

Chelsea will win it again next year and man utd buckeneers will start their spiral down the league when the yank starts to take out loans to cover the cost of his buying of the club.

J, Arsenal did not defend to well at all and gave away far too many chances to strikers who should have absolutely buried them. Arsenal got away with it.

Senderos was good today as was Lehman and Cole, but three players is not enough in a defensive five!

Take a look at the Premiership table and tell whose in second place after 38 games?

Man Utd also have a huge advantage over the rest because they have the most outstanding young footballer the world has ever seen and he is English unlike the French and foreign trash that play for Arsenal.

"Foriegn trash?"  Like Van Nistelrooy,Ronaldo,Silvestre,Kleberson,Heinze,Saha,Howard,Fortune,Roy Keane,Ryan Giggs you mean? and are you saying that Feguson wouldn't just love to have Patrick Vieira and Thierry Henry in his team?

Man Utd fielded 8 players who have played their whole professional footballing lives in England.The only "real" foreigners were Van Nistelrooy,Ronaldo and Silvestre all the rest were English Scottish and Irish.

Arsenal fielded only one English player and he wont be there much longer.For a top English club that is pathetic and a disgrace.But Wenger dosen`t give a ###t the man was so frightened of Man Utd and Rooney that he sent his side out to defend from the first minute and hope to get to penalties.Arseanl played just like George Grahams side that bored the nation to tears in the late 80`s.

Its nothing to do with being racist just a fact that Man Utd under Ferguson have always had British players in his side and thanks to Ferguson the England side has blossomed as his side has produced the backbone for England for many many years now.

Yes I support Bristol Rovers but have always liked Man Utd since I was 7 years old when they were ###t and playing in League 2.

Man Utd and Alex Ferguson have always had a habit of bringing out the worst in English people as English people hate winners,thats why the likes of Nick Faldo,Muhammad Ali,Chris Eubank have never been popular in England but the typical English people treat losers like Eddie Edwards and Frank Bruno as heroes.

Man Utd and Alex Ferguson have done more for the England national side and English football over the past 10 years than any other manager in the English game since Matt Busby.......... cue the anti Man Utd ##nkers who still think it was funny that the finest club side the world would ever have seen perished in a plane crash in 1958.

ps:Vieria couldn`t even get in Man Utds first team as he isn`t better than Scholes or Keane.Henry wouldn`t get in as he isn`t a big game player,Henry just shines against sides like Norwich and Leicester.Henrys International and European goalscoring record shows that he isn`t a big game player and disappears when he is up against world class defenders..

Calm down the world is not after you... just not agreeing with you.

I personally think Ferguson has been a pain in Englands behind for years... Some of his moans have been within reason, some not.

For the record I've never met anyone who mocks those who died in Munich ESPECIALLY on this forum. Why on earth mention it?

Henry is world class... End of.

Your comments are coming off bitter and narrow minded... I dispise Manchester United but I can happily acknowledge the quality they have in there side.

Calm down man.

Guest east_dundry_red

ps:Vieria couldn`t even get in Man Utds first team as he isn`t better than Scholes or Keane.Henry wouldn`t get in as he isn`t a big game player,Henry just shines against sides like Norwich and Leicester.Henrys International and European goalscoring record shows that he isn`t a big game player and disappears when he is up against world class defenders..

Ask chelsea if they think that after he ran them ragged!

Guest east_dundry_red

Ask chelsea if they think that after he ran them ragged!

I agree with an awful lot of what you say, although this paragraph perhaps needs an injection of realism?

Man Utd fielded 8 players who have played their whole professional footballing s:Vieria couldn`t even get in Man Utds first team as he isn`t better than Scholes or Keane.

Real Madrid, arguably the biggest club in the world were desperate to sign Vieira and they have the likes of Zindane,Beckham,Guti,Salgado and Figo.I didn't see them after Scholes or Keane.

Henry wouldn`t get in as he isn`t a big game player,Henry just shines against sides like Norwich and Leicester.Henrys International and European goalscoring record shows that he isn`t a big game player and disappears when he is up against world class defenders.

Henry's international record compares well with most other international strikers but I agree its not so impressive as his domestic record.Thats because France don't play to Henry's strenghts and they make him play up the middle rather than allow him to drift wide left as he does with Aresenal.Plus Henry plays against world class defenders several times a season in the Premiership and in the Champions League.His goalscoring record stands upto any scrutiny at all levels.

Henry is the best striker that I've seen since Pele and considering he can't head a ball thats some accolade.

I agree with an awful lot of what you say, although this paragraph perhaps needs an injection of realism?

Its all about opinions I guess.Keane was wanted by Real Madrid but they knew they had no chance of getting him whereas Vieria has been unsettled and was making noises about going to Real.Paul Scholes is a one club man and would never have left Man Utd despite being good enough to walk into any club side in Europe.AC Milan were excited at the prospect of Giggs not being offered a new contract at Man Utd and would have pounced.

I think Henry is a fantastic player but I believe he is over rated by many and isn`t anywhere near as good as players like Chevchenko,(Brazils)Ronaldo,Ronaldhinio,Nedved and to a certain extent I don't rate Henry above Van Nistelrooy as an all round centre forward.

Henrys goalscoring record in comparison to Van Nistelrooys at the very highest level is almost laughable.

Archived