IGNORED

Enlightenment Re: The Wedlocks

Bar BS3

Guest WillsbridgeRed
Of course we do my friend! and without bigging ourselves up too much, many people say one of the best pints of stella in Bristol.

Cheers, Rob

I sense the start of a beautiful relationship!

No no, not you, you Queen Malone , me and the Stella at the Ship and Castle

I sense the start of a beautiful relationship!

No no, not you, you Queen Malone , me and the Stella at the Ship and Castle

Great, introduce your self when you come in and ill share a few with you!!

See you soon mate, Rob

I'm gobsmacked, a blatant advert for the Whitening Yard and not one mention of cider........... don't tell me you've stopped selling it? (and I don't count that fizzy chemical Blackthorn rubbish as cider)

I've some great memories of that pub from the 70's & 80's ( I was captain of the pool team for a while, but half the team wouldn't go to the away games if they didn't sell rough, darts team was the same).  Character called Clive was the Landlord at the time.

I used to be a bar maid in The Ship & Castle, when Mike and Marlean Bevan had it,I worked mainly evenings after my day job, and the weekends, saturdays were great when City was home, would finish clearing up when the pub emptied then go straight over to the ground for the match, many times getting in for nothing as most of the stewards knew me. wink.gif

Clive Cogan took over from them, but when Mike & Marlean took over the Failand Inn I went to work in Wedlocks when the last landlord of the Ship had it, John Lenthal and his wife Christine, but I must say I spent many happy hours on both sides of the bar in The Ship & Castle, made alot of friends too.

OHH the good ol' days whistling.gif

• Admin

I (and my buddies) used to drink in Wedlocks, then ventured to Rising Sun, and have also given the Red and White bar a chance.

But must say the Ship and Castle has a good atmosphere, very useful buying the 4 pint jugs. The staff are ALL friendly (no idea who they are !) and the general atmosphere is good.

Like Wedlocks it tends to come more to life when the Wurzels are played...

I know I sound selfish, but hope not all the old Wedlocks drinkers come over - it would be a mare getting served - would need bigger than 4 pint jugs then ! biggrin.gif

I (and my buddies) used to drink in Wedlocks, then ventured to Rising Sun, and have also given the Red and White bar a chance.

But must say the Ship and Castle has a good atmosphere, very useful buying the 4 pint jugs. The staff are ALL friendly (no idea who they are !) and the general atmosphere is good.

Like Wedlocks it tends to come more to life when the Wurzels are played...

I know I sound selfish, but hope not all the old Wedlocks drinkers come over - it would be a mare getting served - would need bigger than 4 pint jugs then ! biggrin.gif

Thanks mate, I'm glad you like it down here, don't worry though, if trade increases alot on matchdays with people boycotting the wedlocks ( if it does reopen) then we will cater for as many as possible and open bottle bars at othe points around the pub to keep waiting times to a minimum.

All the Best, Rob.

Ship & Castle

Guest Vodared
Thanks mate, I'm glad you like it down here, don't worry though, if trade increases alot on matchdays with people boycotting the wedlocks ( if it does reopen) then we will cater for as many as possible and open bottle bars at othe points around the pub to keep waiting times to a minimum.

All the Best, Rob.

Ship & Castle

Rob,

I have drank in The Wedlocks for many years, mainly because of the banter with Stu,I admire your efforts to introduce yourself and offer your hospitality.It will be very strange to change such a match day habbit that I have had for so long. I for one will take up your offer and hope that I can enjoy the pre match drink as much as I have done at Wedlocks. Sometimes when the game has been awful , at least I know I had a good time before it that eases the pain.

I look forward to ordering my first pint in The ship next season.

Cheers ! farmer.gif

Guest DrFaustus
Of course we do my friend! and without bigging ourselves up too much, many people say one of the best pints of stella in Bristol.

Cheers, Rob

Rob

You really shouldn't serve those Subber types. Filthy, unwashed, flea-ridden buggers.

Do you serve Gasheads? smile.gif

Good luck.

Rob,

I have drank in The Wedlocks for many years, mainly because of the banter with Stu,I admire your efforts to introduce yourself and offer your hospitality.It will be very strange to change such a match day habbit that I have had for so long. I for one will take up your offer and hope that I can enjoy the pre match drink as much as I have done at Wedlocks. Sometimes when the game has been awful , at least I know I had a good time before it that eases the pain.

I look forward to ordering my first pint in The ship next season.

Cheers ! farmer.gif

Thanks, and it will be good to see you and any other Ex-Wedlocks Drinkers, we will do our best to make sure your matchdays ritual looses not of its enjoyment. Who knows, you may even like it more!

I'm sure Stu will be in so you will still be able to enjoy a bit of banter with him aswell!

See you next season,

Cheers, Rob

Archived