IGNORED

Trading Places

TheOne

This will never happen but for the point of this Topic lets imagine it will...

If Mr Landsdown and Mr Suxton sat you down in their office and asked you what would you like to see before the next capaign started...?

This can be from Players going out, players coming in, Coaching staff, ticket prises, Coaching staff, Customer relations, facilities or anything else you can think of...?. What would you like to see differnt or changed?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

A decent pre match build up - Music that will give some atmosphere, fireworks at the start and a decent half time.

How many times and how many people have to say we'd love a penalty type comp at half time before it is done.

A decent pre match build up  - Music that will give some atmosphere, fireworks at the start and a decent half time.

How many times and how many people have to say we'd love a penalty type comp at half time before it is done.

Good call, I use to like the Firewarks and the Explosions of Foil whilst the players were running onto the pitch, don't see that happening with what happend at Wolves not so long back.

Could be worse could have Sam running around like a head-less chicken again!

I'd ask them to bomb that Burger van outside the Ticket Ticket office between the Atyeo and Dolman stands, I had a burger from there one week and threw up 20 mins later! it's not for EATING!, unles they move to the Away End!!!!!

I'd ask them to bomb that Burger van outside the Ticket Ticket office between the Atyeo and Dolman stands, I had a burger from there one week and threw up 20 mins later! it's not for EATING!, unles they move to the Away End!!!!!

You must've just been unlucky, whenever I've had a burger or hot dog from there it's always been quite nice, much better than the stuff they sell at the kiosks inside the ground anyway. dunno.gif

I would like to see just about everything more reasonably priced.

I rarely buy anything from the shop,and never buy any of the diabolically dreadfull "food" either inside or outside the ground.Thats my custom and probably thousands of others than the caterers and club miss out on simply because its its poor quality (the food) and over priced.I prefer to go without than pay up.

The toilet facilities in the Dolman are inadequate and if it were possible should be improved and made larger.

The club will point to other clubs and say that the prices at City are comparable with other clubs.That might be so but all it proves is that football fans get ripped off wherever they go.

As for players in - thats a well thrashed out topic.We all know that City need a quality center back and a left sided midfielder and compition for Phillips.

Players out - Miller,Dinning,Goodfellow and Woodman.

I almost forgot! Doherty as well.

This will never happen but for the point of this Topic lets imagine it will...

If Mr Landsdown and Mr Suxton sat you down in their office and asked you what would you like to see before the next capaign started...?

This can be from Players going out, players coming in, Coaching staff, ticket prises, Coaching staff, Customer relations, facilities or anything else you can think of...?.  What would you like to see differnt or changed?

STOP PLAYING BLOODY MUSIC WHEN WE SCORE A GOAL.

Yes, I know I was shouting but I find it the single most irritating thing about watching football down Ashton Gate these days. It wouldn't cost anything to put right. Just let us celebrate scoring a goal in the good old-fashioned way without thinking we need a bloody James Brown record or something to help us. It breaks the spell in that magic moment when you and the players are at one and nothing else exists (or is supposed to). I don't understand why the club, or any other club that does it, thinks it is necessary. Is it for the kids to enjoy? If so, then surely the moment they are least in need of entertainment is the odd moment when everything goes wild.

STOP IT, PLEASE.

Other things? Much more seating in the Red & White Bar. Keep the wooden seats in the Dolman - the old folk, in particular, find them easier to sit on. Paint them red if you must so that they look nicer from other parts of the ground, but keep them. I'm sure if you ask the people who actually sit on them, you'll find the majority prefer them.

Bring the team out to either One For The Bristol City or Drink Up Thy Zider instead of trendy tunes with no links to the club or its heritage. Remind the away team they are on foreign turf. A half-time penalty shootout between home and away fans would be fun, or even a short 5-a-side game between fans of both teams, which could surely be organised over the web pretty easily.

Catering needs to be sorted for the club's own sake as well as ours. I've rarely used it actually in the stands rather than at the R&W Bar, but the reason is that whenever I decide to give it another go, it disappoints. Last time I went to one of the coffee jar-shaped kiosks where a bored-looking teenager was on his own and not very busy. Not surprising, I guess. When I asked him for a coffee, he shrugged and said he didn't have any hot water. If that was a one-off, fine. But whenever I decide to use the catering there seems to be a one-off. We need to change the caterers. Simple as that. We get crap service and the club loses money from lost sales as things stand.

Season tickets? Well I think they're fairly priced and we offer decent packages. I'd like to see children's season tickets back down to the quid a game mark with a paying adult, but I understand the decision for next season when there's more limited space available.

As for the team, well I think we should avoid paying any transfer fees. We should use the money we bring in from the sale of Miller, Tommy etc to help pay off our debt. We should bring in one decent ball-winning centre back, which seems to have been sorted. We don't need any more strikers because we can't afford to keep a big squad. A left back would be nice (Brennan?) and a left-sided midfielder. That's it. But we shouldn't pay cash for any of them. If we get Stewart, then Lita can leave whenever a decent offer (£850,000-plus) comes along - but we MUST make sure there is a DECENT sell-on clause.

I would like to see the club invest in a proper sports scientist/nutritionist who can develop individual workout and diet programmes etc for the players to get their bodies honed like true top-class athletes. I'm sure the club would argue this is already being done, but you only have to look at the physique of a lot of our players to see that if it is, then either it's not being done properly or the players are not treating it seriously. We may not have players with the natural talent of Roy Keane, David Beckham etc, but there is NO excuse for not having players who have the same physique. If you compare the muscular physiques of players at top clubs and at Ashton Gate, you see we are miles apart. There's no excuse for that and a qualified expert who understands how to develop sportsmen's bodies and minds should be considered a crucial part of the set-up. If we don;t have someone doing that job, then one should be our next signing. If we do have someone in that role at the moment, frankly they aren't doing the job and they need to be replaced.

Archived