IGNORED

Grant Smith (again)

GrahamC

This morning's WDP says he'll sign for us next week after turning down approaches from Leeds (!), Sheff Wed, Rotherham and two other unnammed league one clubs as well as the chance to stay at Swindon.

If this is true, let's hope he's worth the hassle.

careful, this was the same paper that reported -

READING MAKE A £1M BID FOR LITA

& was quickly rubbished by the club!

I know what you're saying, which is why I said "if it is true", however the piece also quotes his agent, who is his Dad (the ex-Brighton player Gordon Smith), and it has been common knowledge for a while that we've been after him.

The Lita story on the other hand came completely out of the blue and didn't directly quote anyone.

I know what you're saying, which is why I said "if it is true", however the piece also quotes his agent, who is his Dad (the ex-Brighton player Gordon Smith), and it has been common knowledge for a while that we've been after him.

The Lita story on the other hand came completely out of the blue and didn't directly quote anyone.

Well, I think that the lads just about talked to everyone now!

No problem with that but he needs to make his mind up so all concerned can get on with their plans for next season one way or the other.

His Dad will have his sons best interests at heart and no one elses, so he could well be:

a.Telling the truth.

b.Trying to get the boys wages up a notch, somewhere else.

c.Playing for time.

From what I've read and heard it seems to me that he wants to stay at Swindon dunno.gif

On Lita, like SL has said Reading mande an ENQUIRY not an offer and, as we all know, there's a big difference.

I think it went something like this:

Reading:If we bid £750k for Lita, would you be interested?

SL:Not at all,We don't want to sell him and we don't need to.

Reading:What if we offered £1m?

SL:Well, the obviously better, but it's still well short of our asking price.

Reading:OK, thanks.Bye.

Now they have a choice.I've said I know we would accept £2m for sure and probably £1.3-1.5m without to many strings attached.They can test our resolve or wait and see.

If they wait and see LL could sign a new contract in which case it will cost them closer to £2m, if he goes on scoring and, if we get promoted and they don't, then he won't go there anyway!

Litas' future is absolutely pivotal to our plans as a cash injection of over £1m, plus the money received when/if, Tommy moves, WILL give us some cash to put towards transfer fees and that could mean 1/2 additional signings on top of the three (CH,MS & LM) that Tins wants first.

I think we'll have a choice of "Free" Keepers.

The target man (CF)he wants on a Free could be a bit more tricky.

After that,it depends on additional moves (Coles, Doherty, Lita) making space on the wage bill to fund further signings.

I think Smith would be great. He is a playmaker, and scored 10 league goals last season- with both him and Wilkshire in the team, there is 20 goals a season between them, and that would take pressure off of the defensive midfielder to get forward, and perhaps we would play better for it.

bradley orr turned down leeds

here

Although when you re-read this article, what Tinnion says is quite hilarious

apart from Orr getting goals (?!!!!) his comment about after getting Mcclean, that we'll be ready for the season made me choke on my coffee!!!

what a start it was Brian.

ph34r.gif

Archived