IGNORED

September 23, 2004

openEnd

That's when Sturrock was appointed at Sheff Wed. I make that about 8 months to deliver. After Wed's dissapointing 16th place last season that's what I call progress. Not forgetting his 2 promotions (well 1 and a half at least) with Plymouth. I make that 3 promotions in 3 years! The guy obviously knows how to dig his way out of the lower divisions, Well done Sheff Weds.

This is not a dig at Tinman, he's done OK, it's more a wake up call to those who still believe Wilson did a good job for his approx £1,000,000.

That's when Sturrock was appointed at Sheff Wed. I make that about 8 months to deliver. After Wed's dissapointing 16th place last season that's what I call progress. Not forgetting his 2 promotions (well 1 and a half at least) with Plymouth. I make that 3 promotions in 3 years! The guy obviously knows how to dig his way out of the lower divisions, Well done Sheff Weds.

This is not a dig at Tinman, he's done OK, it's more a wake up call to those who still believe Wilson did a good job for his approx £1,000,000.

Forget Wilson & Tinnion.

Sturrock is a name we should have looked at when we decided on the need for a new Manager.

OK he wasn't available at the beginning of the season - but Owls saw the guy as someone who could turn them round quickly.

Maybe - just maybe he could have come in when we saw early doors that BT was struggling.

Hindsight chant6ez.gif

Ah its taken 6 hours.

Presumably if Scott had lead Hartlepool up we should have gone for him then?

Lets be honest, if the Ref hadn't given that pen, it would have been the poolies looking at CCC next year.

6 hours? Is that reply aimed at me TomF? if so where have I said we should have appointed Sturrock? If it's aimed at richieb apologies. Anyway I was trying to illustrate a point to the 'we shouldn't have sacked Danny' brigade.

Ah its taken 6 hours.

Lets be honest, if the Ref hadn't given that pen, it would have been the poolies looking at CCC next year.

Ah, Martin Scott - now's there's an interesting thought!! dance.gif

Ah its taken 6 hours.

IF - IF - IF - IF - IF banghead.gif

God that damn word.

yup.

IF Daniel Wilson had picked Lita we may have won the final

IF Leroy hadn't have shouted his mouth at Swindon he may have lead us into the play offs

IF Paul Cheesley hadn't got injured we could still have been in the Top Flight

wink.gif

If we'd beaten ManUSA in the 1909 Cup Final, we would have ...er... won the cup.

Nay it wasn't aimed at you.

Richie is already suggesting we should of rid of Tinnion when PS first came avaliable.

No doubt if Scott had lead Hartlepool up he'd have told us we needed to appoint Scott last summer  laugh.gif

Steady on Tom,did you fall off that fence or just jump down for a while !!!! dance.gif

Interesting you say about Scotty. I actually went for him & Cooper when we knew DW had gone.

So not a bad judge then as they got that close again this season.

And as for Sturrock, I think quite a few fans were mentioning his name when he was looking for a job.

All I would say Tom is where are the Owls now ? And where are we now?

disapointed2se.gif

When we have Stewart,Heywood & Smith on board Tinnion will have a real 'top' sqaud for the season - reckon that makes us favourites ?

yup.

IF Daniel Wilson had picked Lita we may have won the final

IF Leroy hadn't have shouted his mouth at Swindon he may have lead us into the play offs

IF Paul Cheesley hadn't got injured we could still have been in the Top Flight

wink.gif

IF Steve Lansdown had waited & seeked experienced applications for Manager chant6ez.gif

When we have Stewart,Heywood & Smith on board Tinnion will have a real 'top' sqaud for the season - reckon that makes us favourites ?

I cannot believe City fans have this opinion.

YOU ARE HYPING THEM TOO MUCH! - Too mush pressure already! No wonder you guys have such a shourt fuse.

I'm sorry but compared to most you had a 'top' squad this season and should have done better.

I cannot believe City fans have this opinion.

YOU ARE HYPING THEM TOO MUCH! - Too mush pressure already! No wonder you guys have such a shourt fuse.

I'm sorry but compared to most you had a 'top' squad this season and should have done better.

I agree. I think we will be in top 6 but it will take a special effort for us to be top 2. This league is never easy as we have shown in the last 7 years or so.

The fence is fun, I can see both sides from it mind  biggrin.gif

doh.gif

I agree, Sturrock came in and did a good job. That said, Turner rebuilt there team from scratch much like Tinnion appears to be doing. Lets hope it all comes together next year.

And what happened to Turner ? No success & got the sack !

Favorates, nope. Not according to the bookies so far.

Wait til Stewart comes on board - odds will be slashed

Forrest, Gilingham & Tranmere are predicted above us.

Yep - could be right here

Then again, we were favorates for last season  rofl2br.gif

The vast difference between Lutons and City's performances last season was the way in which Luton played for each other.

When they played at AG every player gave 100% and they worked City off the park.There were no slackers like Doherty and Dinning in the Luton 11.They maintained that all season.

Thats largely down to team spirit and the management getting the players motivated.Tinnion inherited too many players that didn't want to play for him.Thats why we saw the youngsters so early on in the season.Its not Tinnion's fault that certain players had a cr@p attitude.Tinnion tried to address it and managed to get at least one player playing upto his potential but Dinning and Doherty won't be at AG next season hopefully.

The point I'm making is that next season all the ingredients will be in place.Tinnion will have the players he wants and they will want to be playing for him.We saw at the end of last season the signs of improving team spirit with the bad influences either dropped or loaned out.

We don't need another manager but if City struggle under Tinnion next season the I would expect him to be gone.If he doesn't get this squad up then his ability as a manager has to be questioned.

Archived