IGNORED

A Cracking Debate..........

cheshire_red

Good read but wasn't Wilson an experienced manager who took BArnsley to the Premiership. Yes an experienced manager may get us out of this division but can Sturrock take Wednesday to the premiership, that we do not know. I'm going to back Tinnion until at least Christmas but I hope the team play to their potential next season as I felt that they didnt play 100% last season. Everyone needs to pull together manager players board and fans to get us out of this division, big manager or Tinnion it doesn't matter. I would love to see Tinnion do this after all the stick hes had over the past season.

Good read but wasn't Wilson an experienced manager who took BArnsley to the Premiership. Yes an experienced manager may get us out of this division but can Sturrock take Wednesday to the premiership, that we do not know. I'm going to back Tinnion until at least Christmas but I hope the team play to their potential next season as I felt that they didnt play 100% last season. Everyone needs to pull together manager players board and fans to get us out of this division, big manager or Tinnion it doesn't matter. I would love to see Tinnion do this after all the stick hes had over the past season.

I wouldn't have classed Danny Wilson an 'experienced' manager during his Barnsley managerial career.

I wouldn't have classed Danny Wilson an 'experienced' manager during his Barnsley managerial career.

More experienced than our current manager though Rich.

He has enough experience to take us out of this division but that did not happen. Other experienced managers have failed to take us further too (Pulis, Jordan to an extent etc etc). Its not always down to the manager but also the players. city.gif

More experienced than our current manager though Rich.

He has enough experience to take us out of this division but that did not happen. Other experienced managers have failed to take us further too (Pulis, Jordan to an extent etc etc). Its not always down to the manager but also the players. city.gif

I reckon Danny Wilson 'fluked' promotion for Barnsley especially as Barnsley already had quality players before Wilson took over. As for Wilson's time at Sheffield Wednesday, his eventual sacking and the very disgruntled Wednesday fans at the end of his tenure should of served as a warning for us not to appoint him.

I reckon Danny Wilson 'fluked' promotion for Barnsley especially as Barnsley already had quality players before Wilson took over. As for Wilson's time at Sheffield Wednesday, his eventual sacking and the very disgruntled Wednesday fans at the end of his tenure should of served as a warning for us not to appoint him.

I disagree Wilson did a good job while he was here just not good enough to take us to the championship. He brought in alot of the acadamy players and we played some great football and had some cracking matches under his helm. He cant be that bad a manager as he kept the MK dons up.

Barnsley may have had a bit of luck but he must have done something right to take them to the prem. Shame he couldn't do it with us.

Many experienced managers have failed at AG.Experience is no guarantee of success.

There are so many variables when any manager takes over any club.The quality and depth of the inherited players,the amount of money available,the attitude of the players,the chairman,the fans.Some managers walk into a healthy situation and benefit from the legacy of the previous manager.Others have to start from from square one.Its often said that it takes a manager at least 3 season to build his own team.

In my view Tinnion had to start pretty much from scratch.I don't believe that Sturrock or any other "experienced" man would have done any better.In my view Tinnion did well considering the situation he inherited along with the cr@p attitude of some of his senior players.He's got them out and now has more or less his own team.

Its common sense to give him our support and let him and his players show us what they can do.

Archived