IGNORED

Swindon Town Season Ticket Sales

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed

We brought 3000+ to your pig sty 2 years ago, as well as 4000 to Sheffield Wednesday.

More away fans than you have season ticket holders, how shamefull!

Guest Ben Wah Balls

I said last season and you took a poor 1,700 to us. Incidentally two years we actually took more to a couple of away games than we had season tickets as well but it didn't stop us getting a higher attendance against you than you did against us.

If you want to go back that far we took rearly 10k to Man United, more away fans than you have season tickets. Shameful.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

And we took 40,000 to Cardiff

Wayhey

End of the day we have more fans, bigger ground, better team, less fingers

biggrin.gif Like you wouldn't if you'd ever done it. razz.gif  laugh.gif

Thanks for bringing it up, I can tell you that it was truly incredible to see the team I support playing amongst the best teams in the country and holding our own against the likes of Man United, scoring 4 goals against them and picking up 30 points over the season. Many teams have done a hell of a lot worse and if you're seriously telling me you wouldn't give anything to have the same you're a strange kind of fan.

I enjoyed that season more than any other, although there's been considerable competition, not least the 1995/1996 championship winning season and the 1992/1993 promotion winning season, of course winning a championship is something you wouldn't have experienced either. Unlucky.

If you actually had any recent history to look back on I'm sure you'd do the same. But you don't. doh.gif

sleeping.gifsleeping.gifsleeping.gif

How boring is this? You have one argument to come up with which is lame anyway cus it was over a decade ago, and its all about the present and the future isnt it?

Guest Ben Wah Balls
And we took 40,000 to Cardiff

Wayhey

End of the day we have more fans, bigger ground, better team, less fingers

And we took 40,000 to wembley.

Wayhey.

Guest Ben Wah Balls
sleeping.gif  sleeping.gif  sleeping.gif

How boring is this? You have one argument to come up with which is lame anyway cus it was over a decade ago, and its all about the present and the future isnt it?

The fact is we're both crap in the present. The difference is you don't seem to realise it. It just makes it funnier for the rest of us.

Guest we8thegas
And we took 40,000 to wembley.

Wayhey.

and you still can't fill that poxy little shyte hole of yours,40,000 rofl2br.gif

mostly Oxford fans i bet to watch you f--- up

Guest Ben Wah Balls
and you still can't fill that poxy little shyte hole of yours,40,000 rofl2br.gif

mostly Oxford fans i bet to watch you f--- up

Yeah we really f-d that up biggrin.gif

user posted image

user posted image

I said last season and you took a poor 1,700 to us. Incidentally two years we actually took more to a couple of away games than we had season tickets as well but it didn't stop us getting a higher attendance against you than you did against us.

If you want to go back that far we took rearly 10k to Man United, more away fans than you have season tickets. Shameful.

and you'd expect a game, which you lot regard as a derby to be Citys highest gate, whic it wasnt the Wendies, Lu'on, and Uddersfield were higher, and in less pleasant weather too.

As to Manure, big deal, any team in the country do that............

• Admin

Yes the attendance at the County ground was 2-300 higher than at Ashton Gate.

Doesn't look quite so good for you though when you factor in 3300 City fans at the County Ground in comparison to 2300 Swindlers at Ashton Gate razz.gif

Face it Swindlers both teams aint up to much- just that a hell of a lot more City fans are prepared to watch their team through thick and thin (And Gasheads too) than you lot..........fact of life get over it. disapointed2se.gif

See you next season.................. biggrin.gif

Guest Dorset Red
Face it Swindlers both teams aint up to much- just that a hell of a lot more City fans are prepared to watch their team through thick and thin

I hate to say it but you are absolutely right!!!!! smile.gif

I have bemoaned the poor attendances at Swindon for many years now. Considering the fact that our recent record in the league (say the last ten years) is actually a little better than Bristol City we should be pulling in bigger attendaces than we do, HOWEVER, take into account the fact that Bristol is actually double the size of Swindon and the crowds do compare a little more favourably (particularly when you take into account the incredibly high ticket prices at the County Ground). In fact, using this logic your crowds should be double ours (which, generally, they're not) and your season ticket sales should be double ours (which they are....just).

Guest WillsbridgeRed
I hate to say it but you are absolutely right!!!!!  smile.gif

I have bemoaned the poor attendances at Swindon for many years now. Considering the fact that our recent record in the league (say the last ten years) is actually a little better than Bristol City we should be pulling in bigger attendaces than we do, HOWEVER, take into account the fact that Bristol is actually double the size of Swindon and the crowds do compare a little more favourably (particularly when you take into account the incredibly high ticket prices at the County Ground).  In fact, using this logic your crowds should be double ours (which, generally,  they're not) and your season ticket sales should be double ours (which they are....just).

We have double the league clubs Swindon do

Fact is people are only interested when Swindon get to a final or do well in something ... We struggled to sell out in the Premier League because we simply have never had a massive fanbase. A case of small club got big then went back down to our familiar level.

We were a little club when we won the League Cup and all our other minor cup successes in the early 70's. We were a tiny club when that dodgey Chairman Brian Hillier took over and we were totally out of our depth when Hoddle left.

A lot of Swindon's internet fans are young ones (inc. myself, I started watching aged 6/7 during Ossie Ardiles' spell) and do not remember Division 4 etc and expect us to go back to the Championship in an instance. Not going to happen.

I don't think there's much between City and Swindon in regards to past, apart from 3 more years in the top flight. But City are a bigger team with a bigger fanbase and I have no issues with that.

Guest Ben Wah Balls

I agree with your main point Rich and City of course do have a bigger fanbase and you'd expect that in one of the biggest cities in Britain but I don't think we really struggled to sell out in the premiership, the ticket queues were huge and we could've got a hell of a lot more for many of the games if we'd had a bigger ground. You are spot on that people are only interested when we're doing well and in the premiership we were.

Our attendances were damn good compared with other teams at the time, Oldham, Wimbledon, Coventry, QPR and even Southampton averaged less than us. Another 5 teams averaged less than 20,000 including Chelsea and we actually got an attendance of 16, 456 home to Chelsea whilst they only got 11,180 home to us!

Being in the premiership is the one thing that will make everyone in the town take notice but I agree most fans have too high expectations particularly considering our current finances.

Bucksred you are right, I don't have a problem accepting that. Personally though I'll support my team whether we're in the premiership or non-league and whether we're top of the league or bottom of the league.

Guest Dorset Red
... We struggled to sell out in the Premier League because we simply have never had a massive fanbase.

Not quite true. For the frist half of that Premiership season I couldn't get a ticket for love nor money! It was only when it was clear we were the whipping boys that season that the crowds dropped a little and I was able to get a ticket for every home game. Even then, however, the crowds were still close to capacity.

All that having been said, Britsol City are a bigger club than us and I have no argument with them having the POTENTIAL to achieve more than us. In fact, with the size of their fan base, they really should acheive more than us. I just find it funny that season after season, they don't! It speaks volumes really doesn't it. rofl2br.gif

It was also nice to read King's comments this morning about aiming to finish higher than them next season! razz.gif

Guest Ben Wah Balls

All that having been said, Britsol City are a bigger club than us and I have no argument with them having the POTENTIAL to achieve more than us. In fact, with the size of their fan base, they really should acheive more than us. I just find it funny that season after season, they don't! It speaks volumes really doesn't it. rofl2br.gif

Very well put! biggrin.gif

Archived