IGNORED

Live Aid 2

The Batman

Surely a company as huge as Ebay can just refuse to let people put the tickets up for auction in the first place.

Its disgusting that people are making money out of what are essentially (apart from the cost of a text) free tickets.

Ebay should either not sell the tickets or give the same amount of money that is bid altogether to the Live 8 organisers as a punishment.

Dollymarie

Surely a company as huge as Ebay can just refuse to let people put the tickets up for auction in the first place.

Its disgusting that people are making money out of what are essentially (apart from the cost of a text) free tickets.

Ebay should either not sell the tickets or give the same amount of money that is bid altogether to the Live 8 organisers as a punishment.

Dollymarie

Ebay is in a sense powerless. Under UK Law, it is not illegal to re-sell charity tickets, so if Ebay stop them selling, the fact of the matter is that they would not be legally obliged too. At the end of the day, if it wasn't for Ebay, they would be sold on anyway, blaming Ebay is the easy target- the fact is some of these tickets will get sold on regardless of Ebay or not.

Question though: in the last one Live Aid was the main thang, but a bunch of rockers including our own IronMaiden, Motorhead, and Priest got inolved in Hear N Aid the Heavy Metal counterpart...sure don't remember reggae, Rap or R & B acts doing anything.........and the pc right on perlonkaires often accuse Metal of racism....just where was the black artists commitments then, after all Metal is as far from Mainstream pop as rap/reggae et al...........

Final thought for y'all:

In my homeland tonight many hundred thousand black people are sleeping rough, with sod all left, while that murdering barstward tyrant Mugabe (And Africa boasts many like him, beleive me) is laughing his tits off at the soft touch we have all become. Debt releif will do SOD ALL for millions of blacks..........so while you enjoy the freebie concert- spare a thought for those millions of blacks..........but hey we've done our bit for the world

The sad thing about that post is that it is exactly right. Throwing money at Africa is not going to solve the problem. It will line the pockets of the few leaders that exploit African nations. Until the root cause of African poverty is addressed- corruption and bad government, African poverty will be here for decades. Make Poverty History is a naive campaign, that does not focus on the true issues facing Africa.

Dollymarie

I know where you're coming from but:

It's not illegal to sell them, Geldolf tried stopping it and failed.

There's a lot worse happening on eBay, counterfeit CD's, DVD's, Software. Ebay don't seem to care much about that, just as long as they get their cut.

Why would they waste time tracking down and stopping the auction of legitimate non football tickets (because they are illegal to auction)?

Luck of the draw I'm afraid, good luck to them. Ebay are donating a percentae of all selling prices to the charity, so Mr Geldolf stands to make more cash. If he couldn't predict this was going to happen then he needs to wake up.

Ebay is in a sense powerless. Under UK Law, it is not illegal to re-sell charity tickets, so if Ebay stop them selling, the fact of the matter is that they would not be legally obliged too.

But how about they do it because they feel morally obliged to.

The fact that they are using ebay as a means to make a fortune, doesnt excuse that persons behaviour, and certainly doesnt make it right.

Paypal could refuse to process the transactions, and not for any legal reason, just because its the right thing to do.

And why cant they be like the glastonbury tickets where you have to produce ID to prove you are the person named on the ticket.

Dollymarie

I disagree. It is nothing to do with common sense - it is fear! After Sir Bob decided to call upon computer hackers to attack Ebay they saw their earnings (much of which being ill-gotton proceeds of copyright theft) falling away on a fight against the world.

They didnt fancy the fight and I certainly don't blame them.

Dollymarie

Dollymarie:As long as there are mu...sorry punters willing to pay, there will always be a market.............and there are PLENTY of mugs.........just look outside any big gig in any town....the internet makes it even easier.......

Some saddo in Germany swapped his house for a ticket to Pink Floyds THe Wall show at Dortmund in 79.............. w00t.gif

S'called the law of supply and demand, AKA the capitalist system- easy to stop, don't buy tickets from em............innit??? unsure.gif

ranting.gif bummer!

Worth a try! Hope you have a wicked time!

Dollymarie

Always worth a try. Taking my sister, as she really wants to go!!!! going to be good, even if i don't like half the people that are there, its worth it for the atmosphere. Sadly in work at 11 on the next day though!!!!!!!

Always worth a try. Taking my sister, as she really wants to go!!!! going to be good, even if i don't like half the people that are there, its worth it for the atmosphere. Sadly in work at 11 on the next day though!!!!!!!

You annoying little b ugger. You don't even want to go and you got tickets. mad.gifwhistling.gif

Well enjoy anyway... it would have been AWESOME!

You annoying little b ugger. You don't even want to go and you got tickets.  mad.gif  whistling.gif

Well enjoy anyway... it would have been AWESOME!

No i do want to go, but i wouldnt have killed myself if i didnt get a ticket, which my sister may have done!!!!!!!!!

Archived