IGNORED

Live Aid 2

The Batman

I'm going to try, those tickets will be worth a fortune on Ebay

Thats the only reason I'd try.......you could make a bomb from desparate students desparate to be at the most PC Right on day, since.....well Live aid 1 (Or was it two, I'm suffering from compassion fatigue, its gone a bit vague..theres always a beggin bowl for Africa)

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Those tickets will be easy to sell, with or without Ebays help.

I'll take a photo of the cash and send it to Bob - "Cheers Bob, you've made me a mint you old goat"

Thats the only reason I'd try.......you could make a bomb from desparate students desparate to be at the most PC Right on day, since.....well Live aid 1 (Or was it two, I'm suffering from compassion fatigue, its gone a bit vague..theres always a beggin bowl for Africa)

i'm a student, and i certainly aint PC, i just wanna go because the music kicks arse, Velvet Revolver are playing inthe London gig, woohoo.

biggrin.gif

anybody see the wright stuff this morning.

This was the question " is live 8 to white". Colur seems only to be an issue to the PC people of this world. They were complaining about mariah carey(is that her name) being the only black artist being represented at hyde park. They were saying that more black artist should be involed because the cause is for africa.

Black people wont relate to white musicians wink.gif

All i'm going to say is that there is nothing stopping a black person from organising a concert.

Racist my ######G arse.

Just where is the money going, is it going to to rich white peope in America???

No, it's going to the poorest people in Africa in an attempt to make Africa a better continent.

PC gone mad, they don't like it, they can watch 50 bent in America, i don't moan with the Black Mobo or Asian Music awards, they are racist if i follow their precedent, but no, i aint a PC 7wa7 like a lot of people in this world.

http://www.news24.com/News24/Entertainment...1714838,00.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4602763.stm

its a ######g joke

They were complaining about mariah carey(is that her name) being the only black artist being represented at hyde park.

Hello but since when is Mariah (I'm a stuck up diva) Carey black?????

Maybe a wannabe black person, but shes definitely white as far as I can see.

Dollymarie

Maybe a wannabe black person, but shes definitely white as far as I can see.

Dollymarie

They also complained about that.

I'm not a fan of urban music, or rap. I think it sucks to be honsets.

And i think geldof picked these acts as they would appeal to a wider audience,

Coldplay, Dido, Elton John, Annie Lennox, Paul McCartney, REM, Scissor Sisters, Sting, Joss Stone, Robbie Williams and U2.

She has a black dad and white mum I think, I hate refering to people as black and white. I hate racism and I would love to help put an end to it!

Seriously, this polltically correct stuff is such pants, the people who go into detail about what is pollitically correct and what isn't are not in the real world.

Also, I have a large family in South Africa so I have seen what it is like for people who are living in poverty. I heard something on the radio, a lady phoned in and said she hates all the fuss being made for the people in africa. This really p***ed me off because in a world with so much conflict we need to take these oppurtunities to build bonds with other countries and help those worse off.

Sorry for the rambles but the more we can do to help the better!

Just think about the fact that a child dies every 3 seconds before you sell your ticket on eBay. This is not meant to be a guilt trip, it's reality.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I loved this quote

There's still time for Sir Bob and friends to make amends," Holloway said. "They really do need to be more diverse and multicultural - and not just support (warm-up) acts, but headliners."

"I cannot believe Lemar is not there,"

Make amends? For what? Organising a concert, worlwide with HUGE appeal?

The more popular R&B artists over here like 50 Cent are already playing in the US.

Why have some no mark like Lemar? Who is he? Sums him up!

He said Live 8 organisers "need to engage British, African and Jamaican artists who have been dealing with these subjects for a while".

He added: "Where are the reggae artists that have been campaigning for truth and justice over all these years?"

Can't they understand this concert aims to entice a HUGE audience, not listen to some semi-talented nobody who's only appearing because of their skin.

i'm a student, and i certainly aint PC, i just wanna go because the music kicks arse, Velvet Revolver are playing inthe London gig, woohoo.

Velvet Revolver kick arse, but its the usual sickening back slapping look at us we're doing really good things horlicks I cant stand. I'd rather see em at Download in their REAL environment, with REAL people not the sickening ewannabees who will crawl out of their holes on the dya

anyone thought that releiving Africas debt aint going to work in countries like Zimbabwe (Mugabe will build more mansions, and buy More fighter aircraft) Kenya (Even the Foreign Office say they are corrupt ) Sudan (there is no trouble in Darfur) Liberia (Is there a Govt there) Ivory Coast, Senegal, Uganda, DRC (ditto) Somalia ( There is a Govt, but it has to meet in Kenya) Lesotho ( An absolute Monarchy, where the king buys a personal jet, while the masses starve and die from AIDs) Mozambique, Angola, Malawi, Zambia, Tanzania, (where kickbacks are a way of life, while millions die of AIDs, the various Govets posture with anti Western rhetoric, whilst taking our aid- into their back pockets) South Africa, where they are wastin Billions renaming towns, Cities, rivers, Mountains, airports, to more pc names, instead of building houses, schools, hospitals......and thats the obvious ones

Anyone going to comment on the remarks yesterday, about a hideously white bill, and it turns some of the black artists approached to play, wanted paying?

biggrin.gif

anybody see the wright stuff this morning.

This was the question " is live 8 to white". Colur seems only to be an issue to the PC people of this world. They were complaining about mariah carey(is that her name) being the only black artist being represented at hyde park. They were saying that more black artist should be involed because the cause is for africa.

Black people wont relate to white musicians wink.gif

All i'm going to say is that there is nothing stopping a black person from organising a concert.

According to the press, black artists (unspecified) when approached wanted paying.............

Question though: in the last one Live Aid was the main thang, but a bunch of rockers including our own IronMaiden, Motorhead, and Priest got inolved in Hear N Aid the Heavy Metal counterpart...sure don't remember reggae, Rap or R & B acts doing anything.........and the pc right on perlonkaires often accuse Metal of racism....just where was the black artists commitments then, after all Metal is as far from Mainstream pop as rap/reggae et al...........

Final thought for y'all:

In my homeland tonight many hundred thousand black people are sleeping rough, with sod all left, while that murdering barstward tyrant Mugabe (And Africa boasts many like him, beleive me) is laughing his tits off at the soft touch we have all become. Debt releif will do SOD ALL for millions of blacks..........so while you enjoy the freebie concert- spare a thought for those millions of blacks..........but hey we've done our bit for the world wink.gif

Final thought for y'all:

In my homeland tonight many hundred thousand black people are sleeping rough, with sod all left, while that murdering barstward tyrant Mugabe (And Africa boasts many like him, beleive me) is laughing his tits off at the soft touch we have all become. Debt releif will do SOD ALL for millions of blacks..........so while you enjoy the freebie concert- spare a thought for those millions of blacks..........but hey we've done our bit for the world wink.gif

You are spot on Bucksred and like you I have been able to whitness poverty in Africa due to my heritage.

I will also take this oppurtunity to plug something that i am trying to do; i am currently and have been for a few months been trying to collect various signed items that would be of value of someone else. I will be auctioning these items...if I ever get any...to raise money for a newly formed literacy programme that basically gives uneducated adults a chance to gain an education.

So if anyone has any good contacts that could help me gain signed items then it would be much appreciated. I have actually written to the majority of proffessional football teams in England and Scotland and have written to various musicians but really luck has not been on my side.

So then, anyone off here win tickets?

Want a new best friend?

Dollymarie

No not yet (winners will be notified between now and thursday)

It appears eBay ARE allowing tickets to be auctioned

http://www2.ebay.com:80/aw/uk/200506.shtml#2005-06-13190933

...but some bidders are trying to put spanner's in the works

Are any winners actually going to attend themselves? whistling.gif

Guest BristolRed

Not that i really give a poo about Africa i decided to use my many flase Ebays accounts to screw up the all the bids, hahah gutted.

I hate the fact these people might get a few quid for doing nothing but text a short message.

I've had one accoutn banned for this, but we have over 50 accounts for upping our bids at last minute, its great!

I'm not an Ebay whore, but i (I tried to say a naughty word)ing hates these cnuts thinking they can make somthing for noting, not on my watch!

HAHAHAAHHA rofl2br.gif

Archived