IGNORED

Hit The Ground Running

England

• Admin
What with Tins current signature diarrhoea and more to come on top of much wasted money last season where are the brilliant young guns you all doted on towards the season end going to play - Ashton Park presumably  englandsmile4wf.gif

Whoa, not so inclusive please, there were a reasonable number of us who recognised the need for some experienced heads, preferably with a professional attitude on and off pitch to help develop these young 'uns.

And the general consensus was that they were playing because we had nothing to play for? The experience we've got is (was) mostly crap, we had noone who would even try to play left wing & Alex Russel is the Xabi Alonso of League 1. What is the matter with that?

What with Tins current signature diarrhoea and more to come on top of much wasted money last season where are the brilliant young guns you all doted on towards the season end going to play - Ashton Park presumably  englandsmile4wf.gif

Its 2 in one out so far hardly signature dioreah ?? A lot of the younger players are going to be in and out of the team as they gain experience in the coming seasons and you need an experienced backbone - that means 4-6 outfield players who are experienced at this level (or higher) and can act as mentors - you don't win anything with kids !

city.gif

Its 2 in one out so far hardly signature dioreah ?? A lot of the younger players are going to be in and out of the team as they gain experience in the coming seasons and you need an experienced backbone - that means 4-6 outfield players who are experienced at this level (or higher) and can act as mentors - you don't win anything with kids !

city.gif

I agree with what you say (apart from the spelling of that word - which I had to look up blushing.gif ) - I was basing the comment on "more to come". How many of the "hit the ground running" are going to be playing regularly next season?

In my view, Tins has/will rip the team apart instead of the slight adjustment needed. Still, SL seems happy to back him(not much choice after ba##sing up the initial decision) so we will see.

don't quite understand, why in a promotion seeking team (Tins ideas), we have brought two (Possibly three) players from teams who were either relegated or non entities in the run out to the season. shouldnt we be getting Championship experienced players? Especially as we'll have to bin em, should we get promoted......

Stewart, although not convinced about, I can understand, but Russell?? Smith???......

• Admin
don't quite understand, why in a promotion seeking team (Tins ideas), we have brought two (Possibly three) players from teams who were either relegated or non entities in the run out to the season. shouldnt we be getting Championship experienced players? Especially as we'll have to bin em, should we get promoted......

Stewart, although not convinced about, I can understand, but Russell?? Smith???......

Not sure who else they signed but one of Luton's best players last season was Paul Underwood from relegated Rushden & Diamonds.

Brooker joined from a so-called non-entity club also.

Guest Slinky

Why did Man Utd buy Alan Smith from a relegated team?

Why are Premiership teams looking to buy relegated Crystal Palace's best players (Johnson and Routledge)?

Everton finished 17th the season Man Utd paid £29million for Rooney.

What I'm saying is there are countless examples of players leaving relegated or lower placed sides to join those with championship aspirations, so it isn't necessarily a bad move.

Guest we8thegas

Russell was Torquay's best player who Rosenoir was trying to keep,too good to go down with them he said,wanted league 1 football blink.gif

Grant Smith can score free kicks whereas Wilkshire puts most in the stand or over the East End dance.gif

Stewart is a goal machine

Coughlin may still happen and Heywood is desperately needed

I like what Russell has to say and comments from Torquay fans seem postive about his ability. Our squad is light on experience, so old heads to help the youngs ones grow seems the right thing for me. Glad to see this was Tinnion's pitch to Russell - we have talent young players but they need nurturing. Man, this pre-season optimism is a killer!!!!

Archived