IGNORED

City Accept Offer For Heff

Wardie

It also dampens any roomers that Lita will leave. Shame to see him go as we never saw him at his best. If Miller and Doc go aswell then we will have certainly brought in some cash this summer.

banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

I have missed all the SMS messages in the last 2 days, i really should put some credit on my phone.

Good luck to him and i hope he does well next year against every team except us. So if Miller leaves we will have 4 main strikers. Lita, Brooker, Stewart and Gillespie.

It also dampens any roomers that Lita will leave. Shame to see him go as we never saw him at his best. If Miller and Doc go aswell then we will have certainly brought in some cash this summer.

But all that cash will go toward the new stand or more likely pay off debts

But all that cash will go toward the new stand or more likely pay off debts

Probably a good thing i reckon!

How much money have we wasted on players in the last 4 years and where has it got us?

You don't need to splash money out on players these days - equally good players are available for nothing, you just have to be able to afford the wages.

city.gif

Guest Champagne Football

If Heff decides to move to Oldham, I think we really should keep Miller. I think four strikers is good, but having a Scotland international as well could only be beneficial to us. Miller adds a different option and could be cover for Brooker. I wouldn't like us being stuck with few too strikers in the middle of a promotion campaign and having to rely on Gillespie, who has yet to score a goal for us.

We are in an enviable position in attacking options, we shouldn't just waive that away. Keep Miller if Heff leaves.

Don't forget that we have Cotterill too.

Heffernan might be a perfectly decent striker, but the fact is we don't need him.

Having said that, what happens if Lita leaves now ?

We'd suddenly become reliant on just two recognised, first team strikers.. (stewart and brooker)

Hopefully that means we don't have to sell Tommy. Rather Heff go than tommy. And with millers fee as well surely we could afford somebody quite decent.

It's not a case of having to sell Tommy but that he wants out and Tinnion wnats him out too. I'm not bothered either as he only usually manages half a game and half a season.

Shame about Heff but inevitable if Stewart comes in. Also confirms to me that Leroy looks like he's staying. Good luck to Heff, as someone said, we never saw him at his best but he always worked hard and when given the chance, looked the part.

And by the way, you all laughed at me when I said Oldham would be dark horses next season. Heff will be their sixth signing in a week and although lots of signings don't always equate to a successful season, with Ronnie Moore they will be a tough side to beat.

Shame about Heff but inevitable if Stewart comes in. Also confirms to me that Leroy looks like he's staying. Good luck to Heff, as someone said, we never saw him at his best but he always worked hard and when given the chance, looked the part.

And by the way, you all laughed at me when I said Oldham would be dark horses next season. Heff will be their sixth signing in a week and although lots of signings don't always equate to a successful season, with Ronnie Moore they will be a tough side to beat.

I agree with you Niall. Oldham will be in top half and might sneak into top 6. Some people don't think Huddersfield will be there either. Is dey crazy?!

I've every confidence that Heffernan will do the buisness for Oldham.I just hope he doesn't "do it" against City..

If Miller does eventually go, City will have Lita,Brooker,Stewart,Cotterill and Gillespie all vying for the two front spots.

I hope at some stage over next season we get to see Anyinsah out wide right with Cotterill playing up front.It could hapen with suspensions and injuries.

Yea Heffernan will be a good buy for anybody in this division but Lita and Stewart are always going to be ahead of him in the pecking order. I bank on him to be a real success at Oldham though and wouldn't be surprised to see Ronnie Moore do the business there this season and them to be up around challenging for the play offs. That wont matter to us though because we will be flying high at the top of the league!.

chant6ez.gif

This at this moment in time looks the right move for all concerned.

We need to lose two of Lita Heff and Miller, and hope its the latter two (nothing personal at all).

We may have problems if we end up losing all three however!

If the price is a bargain, it is often the buying club that leaks the fee to show how clever they have been. If its excellent, its the selling club for the same reasons. So expect it to come out at some time from Oldham! Even so - good luck.

Guest Slinky

You could well be right. Especially as Luke Beckett is now available from Sheffield United. If they get him too it would be quite a partnership if Beckett keeps fit.

Guest alex1089

15% sell on clause in Heffs contract reports bbc radio bristol. Also they said as they have close sources to city, they said we are on the verge of signing Stewart, Not that anybody knew this anyway city.gif

Archived