IGNORED

Steve Phillips

TomBCFCUK

According to a mate at my Dads work who is a Ipswich fan he seems to believe they are trying to sign him for 400,000 as there keeper will be signing for sunderland very shortly.

I hope City reject a bid if it does come in as i think it would be hard to find a replacement.

Sadly i could well see this happening. Phillips is by far the best keeper in this division and i think Tinnions been preparing for an offer for him this season. Without doubt though Stevie can be replaced and if we were to get around half a million plus bonuses then it should be looked at, just as long as we can get a decent replacement. e.g Chris Day?

Guest alex1089

Could be some truth in this, lets hope not because steve is a quality keeper and i agree the best keeper in this division by a mile!

Sadly i could well see this happening. Phillips is by far the best keeper in this division and i think Tinnions been preparing for an offer for him this season. Without doubt though Stevie can be replaced and if we were to get around half a million plus bonuses then it should be looked at, just as long as we can get a decent replacement.

I know I'll be shouted down but I would prefer us to have an all round keeper. If he could come out and catch crosses, free-kicks and corners it would save him having to make the saves to start with. Phillips is a top shot stooper but as my mate who cam along once said 'you need a keeper who is good in every are'. Feel free to have a go.

Guest punkyian
According to a mate at my Dads work who is a Ipswich fan he seems to believe they are trying to sign him for 400,000 as there keeper will be signing for sunderland very shortly.

I hope City reject a bid if it does come in as i think it would be hard to find a replacement.

I don't know about Stevie Phillips signing for Ipswich,but I do know he's just bought a new house in Clevedon with his girlfriend. He's been spotted in the local curry house and pubs looking very content with life in leafy Somerset.

Ipswich's excellent keeper (Did you see the save agaist West Ham?) only went for £800.000. Shows that keepers are not that highly valued. Very much doubt Phillips is worth half that even if his wonder saves made our 04-05 season look a lot more respectable than it could have been.

Ipswich do have 3 goalkeepers at the moment: Kelvin Davis, Shane Supple & Lewis Price. So I doubt if they would be looking for a keeper at the moment, and if they were it would probably be a knock off from the premiership or from another country.

I don't see any benefits in selling Phillips at this moment I time. He's more than suitable for the squad and we know he can do the job for us.

I don't know about Stevie Phillips signing for Ipswich,but I do know he's just bought a new house in Clevedon with his girlfriend. He's been spotted in the local curry house and pubs looking very content with life in leafy Somerset.

he used to like the curry houses in midsomer norton when he lived there.bet hes the smelly one in the changing room!!

Archived