IGNORED

£5,000 A Week

bissellredhead

Guest Champagne Football

Well, that is £520,000 over a two year contract, easily fundable by the sale of Miller and Heffernan as well as the loss of wages of both of those two players and Dinning. All of that should equate to Stewart's wages being easily paid for.

As Blagdon below says, it is probably just a complete guess, it could be anything really!

Obviously a complete - and wild - guess by the WDP ... I doubt it's anywhere near that!

In the sun a few days ago it said he wa staking more than a 50% cut in wages to be here. So if we he was on 17-18k on Sunderland, I reckon he is on around 5-7k a week. Heff and Miller sale just about cover it, and hopefully so will season ticket sales and larger attendances.

100k a year means Miller was on 1.8k a week or so? Sounds likely enough for someone signed for a big fee.

5-7k a week for Stewart? I highly doubt it.

The board wouldn't pay more than 3.5-4k even for him and he didn't come here for money did he?

Nibor

Well I'm more than happy to have a player of his calibre here, but if he is the highest paid player at the club then he better well damn play like it, no matter how little or much the actual figure is.

I think the funniest thing about this is that all of the press say that there are rumours of him being paid this. Blatantly they have read this and maybe other message boards and picked up on the highest feasible figure and banded it around.

None of them know, they just respond to people saying that they have it on "good authority"

Obviously a complete - and wild - guess by the WDP ... I doubt it's anywhere near that!

So true, WDP really have confirmed themsleves are utterly clueless with regard to sport stories, expecially this one.

They have no credability left as far as i'm concern

Left....haha thats really funny Tarqin!

personally, I don't care what he is on, that's between him and the club. The man wants to play for the club, and has always given 100% for whoever he plays. That's good enough for me, everyone on this forum has been begging the club to sign him for the past 12 months, now we have him, let's not spoil it by whinging about how much he will be on.

personally, I don't care what he is on, that's between him and the club. The man wants to play for the club, and has always given 100% for whoever he plays. That's good enough for me, everyone on this forum has been begging the club to sign him for the past 12 months, now we have him, let's not spoil it by whinging about how much he will be on.

Absolutely spot on , old chap. city.gif

I have it on good authority that Marcus's wages are being paid (5k per week) by a private sponsor.

Remember you heard it here first!

5k isn't a lot when you consider Mickey Bell and Tommy were on 4k a piece!

I find estimates of wages a bit silly really because no-one really has a clue- it's pretty much all guess work.

People DO find out about transfer fees etc- but Stewart's wages are probably only really known by him, his family, the board, ColinS and Tins.

Quite simply they are private information that does not get around too easily. Many fellow players will only be guessing at what he is on.

Guest jamiewilletts
I highly doubt he would say what sorta wages players were on somehow.

miller wasnt good enough for 4k a week

even if he was that makes more wage fund for more players like marcus stewarts ability chant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifcity.gifcity.gif

Archived