IGNORED

Last City Fan To Play For City?

One Team

Thinking through Stewart's signing and his well known love for the club since childhood, I was wondering if any of your guys can recall the last City FAN to have played for the club?

Clearly we've had players with the club at heart, like Tinman, Murray, Super Bob, Taylor etc. etc. - but they are not BCFC fans from youth like you and I.

This has got to be worth an extra yard of pace or sublime touch in itself from Marcus!

One Team

Guest MaloneFM
Louis Carey perhaps? dunno.gif

I endorse and/or agree with the comments made from the above poster. And as its Mustang St Phillips even more so.

I endorse and/or agree with the comments made from the above poster. And as its Mustang St Phillips even more so.

I endorse and/or agree with the comments made from the above poster. And as its the man who pays my wages even more so! biggrin.gif

Guest MaloneFM

Nice bodyguard work at that press junket today Mustang. If that ten year old didn't want a punch in the face he shouldn't have called me Motson.

You were right to do it and that's what I will tell the magistrates.

Nice bodyguard work at that press junket today Mustang. If that ten year old didn't want a punch in the face he shouldn't have called me Motson.

You were right to do it and that's what I will tell the magistrates.

Yeh she asked for that alright....but was it really necessary to deflate the tires on her wheelchair? rolleyes.gif

Thinking through Stewart's signing and his well known love for the club since childhood, I was wondering if any of your guys can recall the last City FAN to have played for the club?

Clearly we've had players with the club at heart, like Tinman, Murray, Super Bob, Taylor etc. etc. - but they are not BCFC fans from youth like you and I.

This has got to be worth an extra yard of pace or sublime touch in itself from Marcus!

One Team

worst post ever! dance.gif

Guest sprout1883
I have also heard those rumours as he used to go to Filton High, but I have also heard he changed/switched to us at about the age of 13/14, but that may have been due to him playing for us. dunno.gif

No rumours at all Colesy is a Gashead.

No rumours at all Colesy is a Gashead.

Don't think Coles 'supported' either side - diplomatically quoted as being interested in Man.Utd in his early teens if i remember rightly. Typical Bristolian then.

Phillips, Doherty, Carey and Hewlett are definitely bone fide City fans, these days most of the Academy lads are picked up so young that they have little natural affiliation to other clubs beforehand and if they aren't already practising City fans they soon become so.

There seem to be dozens of them in the Family Enclosure most weeks.

In several ways the greatest similarity would be that of Chris Garland,Chris left us to enjoy the bigger stage but was really a provincial guy with a deep rooted passion for our club.His return helped tip the balance and succeeded in keeping the club in the top level.

Stewarts return albeit at a little later stage of his career but with still enough gas in the tank has also a clear objective,get us out of this league & keep us out.

I think Scott Murray has also become a City fan too... even when he left he came down to watch the odd game and was here every weekend. I think it's cool. Obviously Aberdeen is still "his team" but he came here weekends to watch us, not up there for them!!

I think Scott Murray has also become a City fan too... even when he left he came down to watch the odd game and was here every weekend.  I think it's cool.  Obviously Aberdeen is still "his team" but he came here weekends to watch us, not up there for them!!

I heard that when we won at Grimsby to go top of the league (oh those heady days!!) Murray broke a light in his front room jumping up and down in excitement. When chastised by his missus he said "don't care City are top of the league!"

Chris Garland was purported to have lived in the block of flats behind the Dolman when he was a kid

He did indeed, there is a famous picture of him surveying the pitch from his window/balcony as a new City professional.

I heard that when we won at Grimsby to go top of the league (oh those heady days!!) Murray broke a light in his front room jumping up and down in excitement.  When chastised by his missus he said "don't care City are top of the league!"

Well he definitely did that the night before the LDV final in the team hotel as well, it was on the video.

Archived