IGNORED

An Honest Football Poll (would You?)

Rich-TWSC-

Would you honestly consider playing for the team you support bitter rivals (during a time when you played eachother on a regular basis)  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is no jealousy or malice intended in this here poll but if I was offered the opportunity to join Oxford I'd tell them where to go. I'm just interesting in how many would sellout their club for the chance of pro-football

In Stewart's case when he joined Rovers they were in a much better scenario therefore he could've (probably) easily found another league club somewhere.

It's probably just me.

dunno.gif

would never play for rovers or cambrdige (my other local rivals)

You would turn down the chance to play for man united  pillock!

yes i would as well

if i was thought good enough by them,theres bound to be other clubs who'd be interested eventually

Guest Pointy

No matter how much money i just couldnt put on the shirt (even thou I'm a girl so it would never happen anyway) even so!

i've got to much hatred to even consider it, i might be unpopular but Stewart will always be gas to me .....

Guest marcus_has_come_home

would definately play for any professional set up, even if it was the gas. don't have to stay forever do you?

Guest Simonty

For me it would depend fully on who else is interested, if a lower division club was interested as well as the rivals, I would join the lower divisioned club, but if it was only the rivals, I would have to join for the money - even though I would hate putting on the shirt!

Hard to answer this question, i'd love to say now i would never it makes me feel sick thinking about it but once you get into pro footy then you would be very different and i could probably see it happening to everyone...

i might be unpopular but Stewart will always be gas to me .....

Don't worry. I actually think that there's a fair few of us who feel that way. wink.gif

I can't see how anyone who truly supports a club would ever dream of pulling on the shirt of their bitter rivals. dunno.gif

I could be persuaded but the fact is that our main rivals (and indeed ourselves) don't play at that high a level or pay particularly ludicrous wages. If the only professional contract I could get was at Bristol Rovers then I could probably get a higher paying non-football job and play part time for a non-league side.

i feel like that too.

but when he bags 30+ this season, i wont give a ######*t  who he played for in the past

If he should do that then he will no doubt be accepted by all. But I do think that a lot of people on this site really have to at least consider the possibility that Stewart will not turn out to be the second coming of Jesus Christ. The hype over his arrival has been completely over the top. People referring to him as a City legend before he's even pulled on a City shirt. whistling.gif I really do hope that he does the business. But a lot of people have got really carried away over this. dunno.gif

Archived