IGNORED

In A Recent Post On The Sags Forum It

Mr Gow

Bottom half of the table - maybe 7 or 8 points above the drop. They have been very bad for a while now, and have done nothing recently to suggest to their fans any improvement next season.

Middle of the table I can't see them going anywhere this year but the Vauxhall Conference would be nice.

I think they'll go up.

I've said this every year since they were relegated and I've been wrong every time. I see no reason to change now! biggrin.gif

In all seriousness though, Ian Atkins is a good manager for the league they're in and it doesn't take much to put together a team good enough to beat most of the sides down there.

It's strange that even 5 years ago I would have been able to give a reasonable guess at the level of talent at their club. Now I would struggle to name more than three players in addition to Agogo! dunno.gif Anytime I hear someone mentioned as having a good couple of games Atkins seems to fob them off to some non-league club. doh.gif

I'm assuming that after his talk of clearouts at the end of the season that Atkins will be bringing in some new players. So working on the theory that he knows that division, they are able to offer good terms for that level and they get some luck from the start of the season I would think they would be disappointed with anything less than playoffs.

Guest DrFaustus
Suprisingly most of them thought we are going up next season, which is why i would like to pose the same question about them.

So realisticly where do you think the sags will finish next season?

It depends on who is in charge Gerry. Allegedly (to keep the legal fleagle-beagle-eagles happy), Mr Dunford asked Ian Atkins how much it would take to pay off his contract. When he was told, 'the whole lot', any chance of Atkins leaving in the off-season was eliminated. Were Rovers to be in the mire at the ned of October/early November, Mr Dunford may have his hand forced and relieve Atkins of his tenure. The question then needs to be asked, who do the board appoint? Their recent record of managerial appointments leaves something to be desired of course!

Anyway, in answer - 10th. This will be hailed by those of a prozac persuassion amongst our fanbase, as 'a great improvement', or 'prove that the club is moving forward'. Those of us with a more cynical disposition will see this abject failure as nothing short of a disgrace.

Now where is my morphine?

Since the year they finished second bottom to Halifax, they have gradually improved year on year. They also had a half decent finish to last season which hauled them up into the top half.

It wont be pretty but Pratkins could guide them to the playoffs if he signs a couple more experienced hoofball journeymen. I cant see them actually being promoted this time around though. They'll get there eventually, but on paper there are easily four better teams in that division than the Sags.

By the time they come up, we'll be long gone anyway. praying smiley.gif

The question then needs to be asked, who do the board appoint? Their recent record of managerial appointments leaves something to be desired of course!

But since Holloway left hasn't each appointment been practically forced by the fans...or at least the fans choice?

Everyone wanted Gerry Francis....then moaned and forced him out.

Everyone literally begged for Gary Thompson to be give an try and then forced him out.

Everyone wanted Gray Raydon....then moand and forced him out.

Everyone wanted Ian Atkins....can't wait to get rid of him now.

Or did I imagine all that?

Guest MaloneFM

I have no wish to see the Gas go down and out of business. Its a joy on saturdays plodding home after a dire 0-0 to hear...'somebody crap 2 Rovers 0'. You think of all the bright bright red haired mianics such as the medical man of mirth going all that way for bugger all.

Just below mid table. Atkins out. Martin Dobson back in. I have respect for a manager that does not travel on the team bus but goes to the game in the car with the wife.

Fair play Dobbo! Malcolm Allison as assisiatant so we can do drinkies.

But since Holloway left hasn't each appointment been practically forced by the fans...or at least the fans choice?

Everyone wanted Gerry Francis....then moaned and forced him out.

Everyone literally begged for Gary Thompson to be give an try and then forced him out.

Everyone wanted Gray Raydon....then moand and forced him out.

Everyone wanted Ian Atkins....can't wait to get rid of him now.

Or did I imagine all that?

No, and don't forget they moaned and forced Hollowhead out as well. Some try to deny it now but the ugly chants to oust skeletor were there for all to hear on local T.V.

In fact for fans with such an overwhelmingly, if fabricated, 'friendly' profile in the media, they seem to collectively vent their spleen on their manager with alarming regularity.

They're going nowhere with Atkins, about 15th next season.

Then surely it will finally be Dungturd's head they are calling for.

I have no wish to see the Gas go down and out of business. Its a joy on saturdays plodding home after a dire 0-0 to hear... R'somebody crap 2overs 0'. You think of all the bright bright red haired mianics such as the medical man of mirth going all that way for bugger all.

Just below mid table. Atkins out. Martin Dobson back in. I have respect for a manager that does not travel on the team bus but goes to the game in the car with the wife.

Fair play Dobbo! Malcolm Allison as assisiatant so we can do drinkies.

don't you mean somebody crap 2Rovers 2 Rog?

Archived