IGNORED

Rare Marcus News

southside

Nice piece from Brian Reade in the Mirror today.

STEW SHOULD GET TOP MARC FOR FULFILLING BOYHOOD GOAL

EVEN in the darkest pit of sleaze you can find a story that reinforces your faith in the human spirit.

So empty that glass of cynicism and raise it to Marcus Stewart, Sunderland's soon-to-be-released top scorer last season with 17 goals, who has turned down a host of lucrative offers from Championship clubs to earn less money in a lower division with Bristol City.

Why? Because it's a childhood dream fulfilled. "I didn't speak to anybody else because I made my mind up halfway through last season that I wanted to come to the team I loved as a boy," he said.

So remember kids, fulfilling a boyhood footballing dream doesn't have to mean acquiring three tons of gleaming silver turbo-charged metal in your path and a baronial hall ripped apart to accommodate an indoor BMX track.

Sometimes, hugging the badge of your local team to your chest, instead of a Jodie Marsh clone with knockers as big as her overdraft, will suffice.

That's Amazing, thnx for posting!

Certainly is a refreshing change, he's won a fair few friends in the game this week and is deserving of all this praise, BCFC haven't done too badly PR wise either. My one concern is the attitude of other players on less money. I just hope they realise that they'll all be on to a winner long term, if MS's reported 6K/week helps secure championship football.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/readeonsport/

Certainly is a refreshing change, he's won a fair few friends in the game this week and is deserving of all this praise, BCFC haven't done too badly PR wise either. My one concern is the attitude of other players on less money. I just hope they realise that they'll all be on to a winner long term, if MS's reported 6K/week helps secure championship football.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/readeonsport/

i think if (and it is only if) any existing players are 'jealous' of Marcus's wage they acheive what he has done before moaning.

If we'd signed another Dinning, and been paying him daft money then yes, casue for outrage, but the youngsters should be hoping to learn from him and the others should think that if they want 6K a week they had better get their act together play their socks off and get noticed or make us think that it's worth paying them that. not one of our existing players would deserve that at the mo.

(having said all that - lets hope he makes an impact!!)

devil.gif

Nice piece from Brian Reade in the Mirror today.

STEW SHOULD GET TOP MARC FOR FULFILLING BOYHOOD GOAL

EVEN in the darkest pit of sleaze you can find a story that reinforces your faith in the human spirit.

So empty that glass of cynicism and raise it to Marcus Stewart, Sunderland's soon-to-be-released top scorer last season with 17 goals, who has turned down a host of lucrative offers from Championship clubs to earn less money in a lower division with Bristol City.

Why? Because it's a childhood dream fulfilled. "I didn't speak to anybody else because I made my mind up halfway through last season that I wanted to come to the team I loved as a boy," he said.

So remember kids, fulfilling a boyhood footballing dream doesn't have to mean acquiring three tons of gleaming silver turbo-charged metal in your path and a baronial hall ripped apart to accommodate an indoor BMX track.

Sometimes, hugging the badge of your local team to your chest, instead of a Jodie Marsh clone with knockers as big as her overdraft, will suffice.

Brings a tear to my eye.. crying.gif

Archived