IGNORED

Ashton Gate Mayhem

Show Me The Money!

there is nothing wrong with our stadium.

yes the roads are a mess and there is a lot of traffic.

the parking could be better.

it is the people that have to change not the club.

for big events (football or concerts) people need to leave home earlier

and plan their journeys even if it means putting themselves out of

their normal routine.

after all the stadium was opened at 5 .00 for the concert and didn't

start until after 8.00 .this was because they asked neil diamond to

delay his starting time and he said yes and it started at 8.15.

surely from 5.00 to 8.00 is enough time to get there.

they had there tickets months in advance.

half of the problem last night was that most of the people going to the gate, have never been there before. Usually on a saturday, everyone knows where they can or can't park, and most people head for their usual spot. last night, no one knew where they could or couldn't park, and it appeared cars were abandoned wherever the driver felt like. I don't usually find it a problem on matchday, even when we have large crowds.

It's not the number of people - its the number of cars - an out of town stadium and better road links would make no difference - I've been to the Majetski Stadium and queued for over an hour to get out - and that is straight off the M4 with a massive car park. It happens at any event where a lot of cars try to leave at once (Try leaving glastonbury in under half a day )

The problem is Bristols woefull public transport system, which has acheived the joint acolade of incresing congestion whilst not significicantly increasing the number of people who will use public transport. On the radio the other day I heard that Bristol has the second lowest average traffic speed in the country - 17mph !

Every car journey now takes an age and if I was a cynic I would say that the councils policy is to try and make driving so frustrating that people will get out of their cars. Trouble is there is no alternative, most people have had bad experiences of Bristols public transport system and won't use it until it's radically improved.

I dread what its going to be like when that new arena opens near temple meads.

Our council needs to pull its bloody finger out and sort out our citys transport links and let us build a new ground that people can actually get too and get away from on the same day.

Whoever decided to get rid of the flyover and put in that bloody TempleGate roundabout needs shooting.

Rant over

The flyover was a much loved feature and as well as relieving congestion it provided spectacular views of the City of Bristol. Absolutely great riding over it at night on my motorbike at speed after a good session in the boozer dance.gif

I would agree that the self serving political plutocrats that are the council should get off their overpaid backsides and sort out the transport problems. farmer.gif

Makes me laugh that it was released last year that over the last 20 years or so, Bristol City Council have spent £3MILLION to DECIDE(!!!!!!) if the city needs or could support a Tram system.... the answer was..... NO!!! 

I don't know about anyone else, but having been to Sheffield and Manchester this year for footy and their tram systems are top drawer, heavily used, regular and pretty damn cheap too!  And apparently, i'm told that they didn't cost much more than the £3Million wasted by BCC!

As Bill Shankley said, "if you can't make a decision then go and be a politician!"

Good shout, the half-wits that were the Bristol Council ripped up the tram system of Bristol some 50 years ago. Surprise, surprise - the same breed of plutocratic council half-wits of today now realise that trams are the answer to congestion and can't get their stupid acts together to get the tram system up and running again. farmer.gif

Archived