IGNORED

Pre Season Friendly

atyeomatt

Guest alex1089

That would be great news but somehow i don't think they take the risk of fighting in a so called friendly with are local neighbours.

Not sure if id want to play them as a pre season game....to hard not to treat it as a full on blood and guts derby game, which could lead to suspensions, injuries.

Do miss playing them though...how about a nice home draw against them in the cup? biggrin.gif

Cant see it myself...can't see the point / benefit to the team?

Pre season games are for fitness and trying out formations / Ideas etc etc a game with the Gas would not be a good way to do this.

Besides which we have just cancelled two friendlies in search of better?opposition - do the Gas offer the sort of oppo we crave?

Personaly I don't care if we never kick a ball at them again.

razz.gif

There never used to be aggro in the Glos cup, so why worry about it now.

You've either got a very selective memory or you must be under 30, it used to go off nearly every year in the seventies, pre season, end of season, Ashton Gate,

or Eastville!

There never used to be aggro in the Glos cup, so why worry about it now.

Eh???? With respect young Lord Willsbridge I think you were too young or not born in the heyday of the Gloucestershire Cup. Always used to be BCFC v BRFC in the final and yes, the aggro always kicked off. farmer.gif

Guest we8thegas
I hear from an Ashton gate employee that there is going to be a City v Rovers Pre season friendly. Make of it what you will.

city.gif

what are the lads going to learn by sticking 10 past the likes of clevedon town and the gas dunno.gif

I think the friendly would be a fantastic idea and a great opportunity for City to demonstrate their superority!!!

That sort of game is going to generate more income and interest than any other friendly fixture and it would be no less meaningless that, for example, a game in Glasgow against Partick Thistle.

I'll definitely be there if it's confirmed.

I would love that friendly but don't you think that it would be a bit of a waste of money for the club when bringing in extra police?

Been talking to somone at the club. Becuss of this thread the 2 clubs are now thinking of playing the game behind closed doors (If it goes ahead).

Nearly everyone on here thinks it could couse trouble (Why?).

Guest MaloneFM

I say you fellows what a corking idea. Bit of a ding dong with jerry on the Winterstoke then clout a few into the onion bag.

Afterwards over Ashton Park to await the hun then over the top. Last one in Eastville is a squarehead sausage muncher.

Top hole! I'm all for it. w00t.gif

Been talking to somone at the club. Becuss of this thread the 2 clubs are now thinking of playing the game behind closed doors (If it goes ahead).

Nearly everyone on here thinks it could couse trouble (Why?).

I can't see the clubs playing it behind closed doors. Just would not be worth it. The whole point was to increase revenue.

I actually quite like the clubs saying that they are doing this to strengthen bonds between them. Hopefully as a friendly it will stay that way.

Archived