IGNORED

Classic Old City Games To Be Shown

Bar BS3

Reading a comment on the most recent thread about the wedlocks, someone mentioned screening old City matches.

Great idea, one i have thought of before, infact we have screened england 5-1 Germany last season.

However most weeks now there is a game on sky that we show, we have prem plus so show every game, before & after City matches.

If though there are weeks when there is not a game on sky or for after the City have triumphed again! what games do people have on dvd that they would like us to show?

Let me know and bring them in and we will try to get the best of them shown during the season.

Rob

SHIP & CASTLE

"The Whitening Yard"

Guest Vodared

Great shout Rob, anything to hype up the day to get the lads in the mood is great.

Look forward to my first pint in a new pub after 15 years of Wedlocks.

Cheers mate

city.gif

Rob, i wont charge you a consultancy fee for using my idea , you can just supply me with free Stella before every home game  dance.gif .

Tell you what, come and introduce yourself and i wil buy you a pint!

Fair?!

See you soon

Rob

Should the forum be used as an adverting medium? Especially to concern that is direct competition with BCFC for matchday custom.No matter how its dressed up the landlord is trying to attract buisness to his pub.No problem with that but not on this forum.

If I remember rightly Big Red Rich's advertising of his motor buisness was denied by the moderators.Same should apply here imo.

Should the forum be used as an adverting medium? Especially to concern that is direct competition with BCFC for matchday custom.No matter how its dressed up the landlord is trying to attract buisness to his pub.No problem with that but not on this forum.

If I remember rightly Big Red Rich's advertising of his motor buisness was denied by the moderators.Same should apply here imo.

Robbered, you misarable ol' git!

I agree,not too many football related posts have come from SHIP&CASTLE.

Reading a comment on the most recent thread about the wedlocks, someone mentioned screening old City matches.

Great idea, one i have thought of before, infact we have screened england 5-1 Germany last season.

However most weeks now there is a game on sky that we show, we have prem plus so show every game, before & after City matches.

If though there are weeks when there is not a game on sky or for after the City have triumphed again! what games do people have on dvd that they would like us to show?

Let me know and bring them in and we will try to get the best of them shown during the season.

Rob

SHIP & CASTLE

"The Whitening Yard"

The obvious game to show would be the game at liverpool when tinnion scored the winner in the f.a. cup replay........

Also the mansfield away match from a few seasons ago, when we won in the last few seconds after we were losing by two goals with minutes left......

And of course the h'pool play-off match at ashton gate from last season??

Not miserable at all.Why should free advertising be allowed via the forum? Its a matter of principle.If its denied to one then is should be denied to all.

I think City related is OK, like linking to Ebay auctions and the like.

Non-City stuff isnt in threads isnt, but if someone wants to link through a signature then thats fine. a) you don't have to click on it and b) you can turn signatures off if you want.

Ship and Castle wants to tell City fans that his pubs showing City matches? Fine with me! snack.gif

Not miserable at all.Why should free advertising be allowed via the forum? Its a matter of principle.If its denied to one then is should be denied to all.

It is in the interests of some fans on this board. It is related to our days out watching city and I have no qualms about SHIP&CASTLE posting on this forum about what he offers.

it is advertising, your right. But when it is in the direct interests of a lot of people who watch City at home and also related to Bristol City, then I don't see the problem with it.

No offence to Rich but his case was a little harder as it wasn't in the interests of many fans like this subject. Even though I didn't have a problem with that anyway.

Your opinions understood of course and I know where your coming from.

EDIT:- SHIP&CASTLE, I'm sure 5 of Fromes finest will see what the pub is like. Good shout with the city games wink.gif

Guest MaloneFM
Rob

Would you be so kind as to show the game from May 2nd 2001?

Thank you in advance, sir.

What an odd request. Are you red tinged herr doktor?

Guest bristolbred

I don't think that because a pub landlord wants to encourage like minded City fans into his pub on match days, or any other day for that matter, it is cosidered as advertising!.

It's more like a public service, offering a place for City fans to relax before the game, with friendly banter over a pie and a pint!!, and hopefully the odd City match of yester-year on.

Me??

I much prefer to go to the Merchants arms for a decent pint of real ale from Bath Ales,

but each to our own!!

farmer.gifenglandsmile4wf.gifcity.gifwink.gif

Rob

Would you be so kind as to show the game from May 2nd 1990?

Thank you in advance, sir.

The better game to show would be the "other" May 2nd game- Rovers v Wycombe.

You may have denied us the league title on May 2 but at least we didn't get relegated on that date.

History has a knackin of coming back to bite you on your ar*e.

Archived