IGNORED

Darren Hawkins

Guest Lympstone1

Guest Lympstone1

Please can someone tell me why Darren Hawkins has not been give an opportunity as yet.

He is an extremely versatile midfield player who can play anywhere across the midfield, upfront and in the whole behind the front two but hasn't seemed to have got anywhere near the fist team since pre season.

He has a fantastic goal scoring rate - about 22 last year and about 9 I believe with his goals at Bath and is getting rave reviews in the press and on the radio.

Danny has tried about 6 players in wide right position so far and none of them have the goalscoring potential that Darren does and whilst he hasn't the pace of Murray is atill a very quick player in the squad.

I am sure another rlub will come in for Darren soon or is this what Danny wants in terms of trimming his squad now he has signed Goodfellow.

The reason he is not been given a chance is purely due to the fact that currently he is not at the required level to be challenging for a first team place.

He needs to improve physically aswell as the playing side of his game. That is why he has been given the opportunity at Bath City in which I believe he is performing to a consistent level.

I'd tend to disagree Coerver. All season we've been searching for a right winger. We have one (albet a young one) who has preformed well in friendlies, reserve games, and on loan. Yet hasn't even got a sniff of the field in any senior games (not even a micky mouse LDV game). It seems shortsighted of the management to not include the younger players even if just for a token game or two.

This has been my #1 complaint of DW management style.

I'd have at least liked to have seen that we needed to bring someone in from outside by showing we didn't have any players in house who could do the job.

Danny seems to have his boys and no one else has a chance.

Danny seems to have his boys and no one else has a chance.

Disagree, I think Hawkins will get his chance, but needs more experience and that is exactly what he is getting at Bath - good shout I would say.

Agree he is a good player, but needs to show this at different levels, would hope to see him in City team at some point this season or next.

Guest redcard

Danny doesn't like using players from the academy, we have a young squad with quite a number from the academy but Danny never introduced them! The only one he has bought in and given a fair crack is Danny Coles. Even then when he first played him he couldn't wait to drop him for Carey when he was fit again. If you remember Carey had to play in midfield until Danny Wilson could find an excuse to drop Colsie. It was one of the reasons Rosienor left, DW would rather draft players in from another team than play academy players it would seem!! :D;):D

I'd tend to disagree Coerver.  All season we've been searching for a right winger.  We have one (albet a young one) who has preformed well in friendlies, reserve games, and on loan.  Yet hasn't even got a sniff of the field in any senior games (not even a micky mouse LDV game).  It seems shortsighted of the management to not include the younger players even if just for a token game or two.

I don't know how many academy/rezzie games you've been able to get to from Seattle but, as one who rates the lad, he is not a wingerfrom what I've seen of him. As time goes by, I have a hunch the reason why Robin Hulbert was allowed to leave will become clear. Patience.

So the players Danny has brought in are not better than the untried, young academy players??? WOuld we all be criticising if he played all those academy players and we kept losing because they didn't have the experience to cope with first team matches :D

David Beckham was sent on loan to Preston in Div 3 he thought that he was being pushed out, then Sir Alex told him that he needed to be 'toughened up' and he said it was one of the most valuable experiences of his footballing career so i think lets wait and see on the Hawkins situation.

cheers

BristolCity

Disagree, I think Hawkins will get his chance, but needs more experience and that is exactly what he is getting at Bath - good shout I would say.

Agree he is a good player, but needs to show this at different levels,  would hope to see him in City team at some point this season or next.

As in Robbo, now too... is this Hawkins any good then, I've not seen him, yet?

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

Another example of players being groomed would by Defoe and Luke Chadwick currently at Burnley. I don't know the total facts but how good and what is the frequency of reserve games so surely the lad is better playing first team football albeit non-league.

Archived