IGNORED

Biggest Mistake This Summer?

city1uk

..........Could be letting Richard Gould leave to join Somerset.

Read Richard Latham's article in the Sunday Independent to see how much this guy will be missed.

Amongst other positive initiatives he has been responsible for bringing the Elton John, Neil Diamond and Rod Stewart concerts to the gate.

Diamond's and Stewart's alone will provide c£300k profit for the club.

Don't forget that he risked a lot by taking control of these concerts away from the usual agency control (a la Swindon EJ concert) but ultimately earnt much more for the club in doing so.

According to Latham, City made "strenuous efforts" to keep Richard.

Richard, thanks for the work you put in for BCFC and the money you raised.

Good luck at Somerset - not too much though as I support Gloucestershire.

Guest east bristol

Read Richard Latham's article in the Sunday Independent to see how much this guy will be missed.

Amongst other positive initiatives he has been responsible for bringing the Elton John, Neil Diamond and Rod Stewart concerts to the gate.

Don't forget that he risked a lot by taking control of these concerts away from the usual agency control (a la Swindon EJ concert) but ultimately earnt much more for the club in doing so.

According to Latham, City made "strenuous efforts" to keep Richard have you got a link to the article

To be honest I am not sure this could be called a mistake and I'm not sure it is a case of letting him go. Merely that he has been offered a massive chance to progress to the top and he has taken it. Not much more that could be done by City really I don't reckon!.

Ponting electing to bat today and putting Dizzy back on! rofl2br.gif  party-smiley-012.gif

Giving up alcohol after the Champions League Final on 25th May. The wife gave me a right earful when I rolled in at 3.00am. "I thought you'd be back after 11?!!" She thundered.

"That's all right love 'cause I managed to drink 12", I mumbled.

O.K. so the guy is good at organising non-football related events. I'm sure there are others out there who could replicate his work in that field. I would be interested to know what he did, except for being instrumental in the recent Badge and Kit fiasco's, what the guy actually did for the club in relation to the football side of things? Have attendances or the awareness of City in the general community increased since his appointment? Has he sold the club to the many big businesses that operate in Bristol?

As for Richard Latham, he appears to me to be no more than a "puppet" for the City board. I.e a trusted local media outlet who will never aim any awkward criticism at the club.

Maybe I am ignorant of the facts but I fail to see how the loss of Richard Gould is the "biggest mistake of the summer".

Perhaps we shouldn't be thinking of it as a mistake by the club and look more closely to home. This forum was highly critical of Richard Gould during the badge fiasco, dishing out the kind of abuse that would make anyone feel like their contribution wasn't valued.

Good luck Richard, I wish you every success.

Archived