IGNORED

Foreign Teams Friendly Games

Antman

I remember as a lad and as a younger fan watching many games where famous overseas teams where playing (Red Star Belgrade Vs Southampton was one)

we even had a few foreign friendlies here from time to time.

But where are they all now? we don't seem to get these invites no more and it might be more of a draw than exeter or Forest Green!

Why not get a Serie b team over? what about Dinamo Moscow? (saw them once!)

or why not get some of these Yanks to come over, they are keen on their game and have the dosh to cover it

ph34r.gif

I remember as a lad and as a younger fan watching many games where famous overseas teams where playing (Red Star Belgrade Vs Southampton was one)

we even had a few foreign friendlies here from time to time.

But where are they all now? we don't seem to get these invites no more and it might be more of a draw than exeter or Forest Green!

Why not get a Serie b team over? what about Dinamo Moscow? (saw them once!)

or why not get some of these Yanks to come over, they are keen on their game and have the dosh to cover it

ph34r.gif

I would like to see the Anglo Italian cup come back if possible. I remember Bristol City going to Pissa to play once.

I got a couple of Amercan mate who follow Bristol City and would love to bring teams over but it's finding the money and to play just one game would be a waste of time. But yes they would love to come and play i am sure.

I would like to see the Anglo Italian cup come back if possible. I remember Bristol City going to Pissa to play once.

I got a couple of Amercan mate who follow Bristol City and would love to bring teams over but it's finding the money and to play just one game would be a waste of time. But yes they would love to come and play i am sure.

Well they did come to Seattle when i was but a young kid. 1980 I think (might have been 81) played in the Kingdome (RIP). This year we get Sunderlund.

they would need to get a mini-tour to make it worthwhile, but then who's going to organise that?

It was just a whistful thought on a hot day!

(I've got my old Anglo Italian Juventus Vs Bristol City programme on the wall, now that would be a good pre season!)

ph34r.gif

You should remeber that in recent times we've played RCD Mallorca and Borussia Munchengladbach (I think..) who both showed real class and hammered us incidentally!

we have also played Leeds (when in prem), Pompey, West Brom, Ipswich and others.

This year we can't play at home because of the stand works so we cant entertain these guys anyway. and yes, they are very expensive!!

I don't think weve stopped having big pre season games and I think well probably have a nice one next year... I just think that this year isnt the right one.

Rovers will be big though...

Archived