IGNORED

Is Sam Parkin Off?

Bcfc3660

I was glad Ipswich have gone in for him because I consider that a good step forward... I don't consider Watford, Crewe or Brighton title contenders... I'd like to see Parkin up there not struggling. Good luck to the guy.

I can see King going for Akinfenwa merely because City have! Kingy has been in high admiration of Bristol City of late... But there's money involved so I don't know. I can see Akinfenwa join us that's not to say he will... I predicted Christian Roberts long before it was announced.

King has funnily enough already talked to Tony Thorpe, doubt anything will come of it.

I gloomily preduicted on here that King would go for Roberts immediately after the City v Everton game when Roberts was outstanding and co-commentator King was gushing in his praise of him.

I've never heard anything like it from a rival manager and i imagine it was music to Robbo's ears as well when it came to making his mind up.

I actually quite like King ( blushing.gif) despite his threats that Swindon would beat City next time etc. He speaks with passion and from the heart, something sadly lacking in recent City managers until recently.

Coincidentally, I also saw him make his home debut for Everton against City at Goodison Park in about '77.

I would have thought with Thorpe may want to stay in the London area. Saying that he maywell choose Swindon that not being far up the m4. Think wages would be a problem for him though.

Is Henderson still available?

It's all little worrying being a Swindon fan... and if someone says there not I think they're lying a bit inside... We've been in bigger messes but I can't remember last last time we've lost so many key players in a short space of time. I hope Ricky Shakes is good! I have faith in the manager though.

The only way Henderson will leave Gillingham is if he released... No one is willing to pay his agent so much! Including City.

It's all little worrying being a Swindon fan... and if someone says there not I think they're lying a bit inside... We've been in bigger messes but I can't remember last last time we've lost so many key players in a short space of time. I hope Ricky Shakes is good! I have faith in the manager though.

The only way Henderson will leave Gillingham is if he released... No one is willing to pay his agent so much! Including City.

Ask Bristol Rovers what Ricky Shakes is like. He was really worth alot to Atkins warming the bench biggrin.gif

Want he on loan at Bury at the end of the season? Wonder what song you will make up for him? Cant believe you haven't made any signings yet. Training must be starting soon and you only have half a team left. sad.gif

Lots of season loan signings then Rich??? disapointed2se.gif

Guest Ben Wah Balls
Agree, 80 goals in 3 seasons (is that all comps?) can't be argued with.

I was just wondering if he's up to scoring the quality goals he'll need to get against better defences to come somewhere near to maintaining that strike rate.

I haven't seen evidence of that yet,  but if Joe Royle thinks he can then i may well be proved wrong.

Frankly, i'm more concerned what an in-form Roberts could do against City than what Parkin might have done.

He got 4 goals in 5 games last time he played at championship level, I don't think he'll have a problem.

Guest Ben Wah Balls
Ask Bristol Rovers what Ricky Shakes is like. He was really worth alot to Atkins warming the bench biggrin.gif

Want he on loan at Bury at the end of the season? Wonder what song you will make up for him? Cant believe you haven't made any signings yet. Training must be starting soon and you only have half a team left. sad.gif

Lots of season loan signings then Rich??? disapointed2se.gif

Yeah Ricky Shakes did go to Bury after Rovers and he did very well, they offered him a contract and all their fans wanted him to sign but thought he might be a bit too good for league 2. King is talking to a lot of players and this time two seasons ago we'd only agreed one or two of an eventual 8 signings so I'm not panicking yet.

This thread makes me feel sad  sad.gif

Question: who was the last player you sold because a move up had become inevitable? Did it hurt as much as Parkin's loss will for us?

Imagine if you sold Lita  sad.gif

Although I like Lita I don't think the goals will dry up. We have a wealth of strikers in Brooker Stewart Gillespie to adequately cover. It also looks like we will possibly be getting another target man as well. We have never been short of scoring goals however I feel that we need to tighten up at the back after last season.

Although I like Lita I don't think the goals will dry up. We have a wealth of strikers in Brooker Stewart Gillespie to adequately cover. It also looks like we will possibly be getting another target man as well. We have never been short of scoring goals however I feel that we need to tighten up at the back after last season.

Really? With the exception of Stewart do you think those players would all score the same quantity and types of goals that Lita does?

We have a player who we have lacked for a long time. He creates his own chances and also scores from crosses. Do you really think we can replace him easily?

We have been short of goals for a long time. Last season was the first for many where we have had two scorers into the 20's. Lets not forget the season before when scoring seemed to be the hardest thing in the world!

Really? With the exception of Stewart do you think those players would all score the same quantity and types of goals that Lita does?

We have a player who we have lacked for a long time. He creates his own chances and also scores from crosses. Do you really think we can replace him easily?

We have been short of goals for a long time. Last season was the first for many where we have had two scorers into the 20's. Lets not forget the season before when scoring seemed to be the hardest thing in the world!

Yes but we didnt have Lita or Brooker then. don't get me wrong I wouldn't like to see Lita go. But the club know that if he starts the season well he will be watched and someone will come in for him in January. Brooker is a great player too. He is only young and has been our best target man for years. Weve never been a club not to score goals that is our trade(albeit the season when Wilson decided we were going to do an Arsenal of old and win games 1 nil sad.gif ).

Lets hope we can keep hold of our assets for as long as possible eh?

Weve never been a club not to score goals that is our trade(albeit the season when Wilson decided we were going to do an Arsenal of old and win games 1 nil  sad.gif ).

Looking back at the league tables for the last few seasons we have scored considerably less than the teams getting promoted. I really believe that Lita is vital to us getting promoted. Brooker is a good player and links the play well but doesn't score the type of goals Lita does. To a certain extent Stewart scores a diverse type of goals but the pure pace of Lita is going to be so important for us.

He will not be easily replaced by Gillespie.

Season ticket sales are up, makes you wonder if any disillusioned Swindon or Gas fans have seen the light, turned their backs and joined us!

They have to come from somewhere don't they? and when you think about it the type of person to buy a ST is a local to the region football fan. I would not blame a loyal Swindon fan who happened to love Parkin, Heywood & Smith to buy a ST at City, in fact i would encourage it as its clear Swindon have no ambition of promotion now, the squad has been completly torn apart, god knows what the moral of players and fans is there, they must know they'll probably fighting to stay in the division this season.

don't CARE BOUT PARKIN, HE AINT ANY GOOD ANYWAY!

Well exactly, best point i've read in this thread rofl2br.gif

Guessing you are a Swindon fan? you sure you were not stood infront of me when we played Swindon away when Miller missed the header ?

Just sounds like the sort of comment that would come out of that muppets mouth.

Guest Tactical Genius
Guessing you are a Swindon fan? you sure you were not stood infront of me when we played Swindon away when Miller missed the header ?

You were stood with swindon?

Archived