IGNORED

Have I Got This Right?

Robbored

Not aimed at anyone on the forum but the middle class ###### stood behind me in east end yesterday ,,,we were 4-0 up had a fantastic old skool atmostphere day and he was still complaining at the occasional lost ball some people are never happy .

Occasionally i take a dislike to a player which isnt always echoed eg. Craig Woodman when he was playin right back i was like how can Danny keep praising him but majority of time keep it positive .

It nearly kicked off at QPR away between two city fans because of a few negative comments its a hot potato

What criteria do you use for insulting your fellow City fan?

I look forward to your reply Rob.

There are two criteria imho for "insulting" my fellow City fans.In fact insulting is not the right word - it more critising.

(1) Those mindless idiots who cause trouble at matches.

(2) Those "fans" who only watch City when things are going well on the pitch.It irritates me no end when some "fans" come on here and say that they aren't going to watch the City because of a bad result or because the opposition is not that attractive.Thats not loyalty to me,thats partime.

The exception to the above is those (like cynic and edson) who live literally miles from Bristol and therefore cannot always attend matches.They have legitimate reasons for not going.But those "fans" who live within a modest travelling distances that choose not to go really ###### me off.

For me and lots of City fans watching the City is non-negociable..and the only time I miss a home game is if I'm ill or out of the country.

The exception to the above is those (like cynic and edson) who live literally miles from Bristol and therefore cannot always attend matches.They have legitimate reasons for not going.
I would also like to put myself in this "legitimate reason" category despite the fact I went yesterday, using HSBC's marvellous over-draft facility to do so.

6 hr round trip all the same.

Just out of interest Robbored - How do you classify someone that actually plays the game, local amateur league standard, they have supported city all their life but now prefer to play and obviously can't make the Saturday games?
I've no problem with those who play footie on a Saturday.In fact I misssed loads of City games when City were in the old First Division because I was playing most Saturdays.I only got to watch when I was injured or evening games.

I don't regret it now because playing the game is far more enjoyable than watching.

Sadly, at my age my playing days are long gone..... :) But at least I can show my loyalty to BCFC now without distraction.

Archived