IGNORED

Doherty Will Be Back

Guest roejowland

Guest roejowland

i think tht docs will be in the first team squad as nobody wants him. doherty can still be a good player 4 us and may prove this in pre season. if he has a good preseason he will be playin 4 us next year.

opinions?

i think tht docs will be in the first team squad as nobody wants him.  doherty can still be a good player 4 us and may prove this in pre season.  if he has a good preseason he will be playin 4 us next year.

opinions?

It's a big if, but if he doesnt get a move, gets his act together and plays for the manager then I think tinman will be man enough to give him a chance. If not he'll stay in the reserves until his contracts up. I hope we do see a lot of him next season, but it's last chance saloon now I think.

i think tht docs will be in the first team squad as nobody wants him.   

opinions?

That's hardly a good enough reason for him to get back in the squad after last season's dreadful performances.

We've got 2 new midfield signings, plus the maturing Brown, Harley and Skuse, and even Danny Wring.

No place for Doherty and it must be almost certain he'll never pull on a City shirt again, even if we can't manage to transfer him.

Guest Tactical Genius

Nogbad, as poor as Doherty's performances were last season only a very very poor manager would put Doherty behind Harley, Skuse and Wring. Oh, wait a minute.......

Guest Tactical Genius

Screech, when you can match my football knowledge and analysis and can come on here and call yourself The Tactical Genius with a straight face then I may begin to listen to you.

Guest Tactical Genius

I didn't mention Brown. Brown should have Doherty's place in the starting XI if Tinnion knows what he's to do, whether he does if a different matter.

Skuse is a bit Grolsch - he not ready.

Nogbad, as poor as Doherty's performances were last season only a very very poor manager would put Doherty behind Harley, Skuse and Wring. Oh, wait a minute.......

I have to disagree, Genius.

I'd play any of them in front of Doherty, even Danny Wring, such is my disenchantment with the 'maestro'.

He's about the same age as TD was when he made his debut. The important thing is he's fit and he's got enthusiasm and desire. Perhaps he can shoot too? Certainly no reason to think either Harley or Skuse would let us down either.

Doherty's held other young players back for too long through being restored to the team after myriad 'absences' because of reputation and fan popularity.

Scott Brown would be first choice for me too. As for Tinman being a poor manager - whether you rate him or not i think he's got it just right in his dealings with 'Our Tommy' and his resultant low placing in the pecking order.

There would have to be a very significant positive change in Doherty's attitude if he were ever to force his way into the City first team again and frankly I don't think Doherty has the capacity to change anything.

His City days as a regular first teamer are over.The sooner he moves on the better.

His City days as a regular first teamer are over.The sooner he moves on the better.

The problem is Alan, who in their right man would buy an unfit, disruptive enigma? Certainly not a Championship side and without a significant drop in wages procludes a League 1 or 2 outfit.

No, I think we're stuck with the Doc and the only way he'll ever move for a fee, is when his performances justify a transfer to another club.

Sadly, Doherty has cost himself a fresh start and City much needed revenue.

If nobody wants him he can rot in the reserves until he realises he's ruining his career, or until his contract expires.

I am hopeful that the shock of finding out that nobody wants him will make him realise what he's doing. If it doesn't, well he's had his chances.

• Admin
Sadly i feel you are all getting the wrong idea about Tommy, he has already started his pre season training, you can find him any night in the black lion pub in whitchurch.

WASTER.

yours midland red.

banghead.gif

I haven't seen him in there, but there is a Louis Carey lookalike who drinks there, made me look twice on a Friday night before a game......

People seem to be forgeting the season before last when he was outstanding. Whos to say he didnt just have a one off bad season last season.

No he wasn't. The season before last he was sent off in October for headbutting an opponent and barely featured again until the new year.

Guest barmpot
He's going to Qpr on jan 1st. you heard it firstish.

I beg to differ.He will run his contract down with us.Until then,he isn,t going anywhere[apart from the odd hostelry or ten].

Guest we8thegas
Perhaps you should change your username name to tactically naive.

or even 'the tactically inept'

Anyone who would give a 40 a day,p|ss head tommy d a place in their starting line up over a keen fit young player who wants to play in the shirt needs their bumps felt rofl2br.gif

Guest REDCIDERARMY

You lot are mad a fit Doherty is still one of the best midfieldrs in this league,and a part from lita,brooker,phillips who did have a good season last ok the youngsters did ok for the last part,and look promising thats all.

This a player who more a less got us to a play of final less of the abuse please when most of it,is all made up.

I thought this season we have decided to be more positive on this forum

Archived