IGNORED

Be Nice To Yeovil - Don't Make Me Laugh!

Markman

On another thread someone had the nerve to say they "hate" Yeovil (or any team that comes to Ashton Gate) and they then got stick for this! Who are Yeovil? No-one and nothing - they mean nothing to me as a City Fan and to all those preaching "love thy neighbour" - and "they are sweet - I hope they do well" I hope you remember that should they take points off of us and deny us promotion.

Yeovil are local and they are rivals - it does not mean you have to kick lumps out of each other (either on or off the pitch) but I stand up for those who say as City Fans - they are in our league, we need to beat everyone, especially those we live near too, I do not wish them luck. I live in Somerset and I do not wish them well - give us six points, just escape relegation and you will be tolerated.

IMO football isnt football without the sort of friendly rivalry that we will hopefully have with yeovil this season. This rivalry doesnt need to be violent or OTT but friendly rivalries make the matches between the 2 teams all-the-more special and creates a better atmosphere in the stadium during the match - which usually results in memorable matches. biggrin.gif

Thats why i think that rivalry in football is good and without the gas in our division yeovil and swindon are the only teams that we can share this rivalry with. Bring em on!! dance.gif

On another thread someone had the nerve to say they "hate" Yeovil (or any team that comes to Ashton Gate) and they then got stick for this! Who are Yeovil? No-one and nothing - they mean nothing to me as a City Fan and to all those preaching "love thy neighbour" - and "they are sweet - I hope they do well" I hope you remember that should they take points off of us and deny us promotion.

Yeovil are local and they are rivals - it does not mean you have to kick lumps out of each other (either on or off the pitch) but I stand up for those who say as City Fans - they are in our league, we need to beat everyone, especially those we live near too, I do not wish them luck. I live in Somerset and I do not wish them well - give us six points, just escape relegation and you will be tolerated.

Good post. True fans should want their team to win every time, but after all it is only a game - and HATE is a bit strong.

I don't 'hate' fans of other clubs, but I do like to see good natured banter. The football is what I go for, and judging by the fortunes of our two clubs in recent seasons, we should see some good football.

Oh, and don't shoot Dolly down - she seems the friendliest person on here (crawl).

Surely not.

I must have been at the wine.......I am far too nice

Yesterday, 8:08 PM Post #22

QUOTE(Dollymarie @ Jun 25 2005, 6:51 PM)

I still wont have a problem with you after Matchday, cos we will have beaten ya!

Dollymarie

Ooooooooooooooooh

You're starting to sound like them Gas 

Now what do you have to say in your defence????

biggrin.gif

Dollymarie

Yesterday, 8:08 PM Post #22 

QUOTE(Dollymarie @ Jun 25 2005, 6:51 PM)

I still wont have a problem with you after Matchday, cos we will have beaten ya! 

Dollymarie

Now what do you have to say in your defence????

biggrin.gif

Dollymarie

I'm stitched up like a smoked haddock M'lord sad.gif

Damn that bottle of Merlot. doh.gif

Good post.  True fans should want their team to win every time, but after all it is only a game - and HATE is a bit strong.

I don't 'hate' fans of other clubs, but I do like to see good natured banter.  The football is what I go for, and judging by the fortunes of our two clubs in recent seasons, we should see some good football.

Oh, and don't shoot Dolly down - she seems the friendliest person on here (crawl).

I agree "hate" is strong but on a forum (or at work using email etc) statements seem far harsher than they are somtimes meant - if I was in the pub enjoying good natured banter I could easily say "Me, I hate Yeovil" and depending on the inflection or the half smile no-one would be offended - sometimes words on the forum are taken too seriously - still means I want 6 points from Yeovil and nothing less!

I want six points from Yeovil too. And six points from Brentford. And Hartlepool. And Blackpool. And Tranmere. And...

I don't "hate" any team (even Rovers) but obviously there are some teams you take to more than others. And there's nothing wrong with wishing teams other than City do well when they're not playing against us.

Yeovil have done exceptionally well in the last few years and it will be interesting to see how much further they can go. I'm afraid I can't help hoping they do quite well, but that doesn't mean I don't want to see them soundly thrashed at Ashton Gate!

I want six points from Yeovil too.  And six points from Brentford.  And Hartlepool.  And Blackpool.  And Tranmere. And...

I don't "hate" any team (even Rovers) but obviously there are some teams you take to more than others.  And there's nothing wrong with wishing teams other than City do well when they're not playing against us.

Yeovil have done exceptionally well in the last few years and it will be interesting to see how much further they can go.  I'm afraid I can't help hoping they do quite well, but that doesn't mean I don't want to see them soundly thrashed at Ashton Gate!

Interesting thread, I registered on here a few weeks ago and made one post, got a good reception and haven't been back since.

I must admit to having a bit of a problem with seeing you as 'rivals', lets be honest you have been leagues above us and until now a league meeting didn't seem on the cards. I'm all up for a bit of banter but i don't expect you lot to take us seriously, just the country cousins on a visit to the City (if you know what I mean).

I reckon we will play each just the one season then somehow go our seperate ways, so we may as well keep it friendly. Having said that I would love it, just love it if we could win at Ashton gate. farmer.gif

Interesting thread, I registered on here a few weeks ago and made one post, got a good reception and haven't been back since.

I must admit to having a bit of a problem with seeing you as 'rivals', lets be honest you have been leagues above us and until now a league meeting didn't seem on the cards. I'm all up for a bit of banter but i don't expect you lot to take us seriously, just the country cousins on a visit to the City (if you know what I mean).

I reckon we will play each just the one season then somehow go our seperate ways, so we may as well keep it friendly. Having said that I would love it, just love it if we could win at Ashton gate. farmer.gif

Distant Cousins - possibly!! I think most City Fans (well me anyway) suffer from dillusions of Grandeur - we think we should be out of this Division (up not down) and although we were pleased for you to get in the League - you are now stepping into our lowly territory and could quite possibly impact on our season - for that reason alone I can't say I want you do well (apart from against any promotion rivals we might have) although if you bounce around the bottom all season and give us 6 points and I may mellow (especially if the Zummerset WDP stops belating on and on and on and on and on about you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

It was me that said I hated every team that comes down the gate and ill stick by what ive said. most of the time i have a chat with the away supporters before the game.I'm cool with that, but when it comes to a game i want city to stick it right up them.Sod all this "i hope they do well ****".I was born with Red and White blood and i have no room for liking any other team right now.

Thanks for the support.Which is what we should be giving to OUR OWN TEAM

Archived