IGNORED

Good Luck Tommy

cidercity

Funny why tinnion said half way through last season Tommy is the fittest hes been for a few seasons then isn't it !!!!!

Funny? perhaps it was a joke!

I fully understand why people like you are upset about this situation, we all remember Tommy bursting on to the scene, an angry young man who scared the wits out of opponents with his heart-on-sleeve performances.

He used to play how i'd like to think i would play -given the chance to pull on the shirt of Bristol City- Full of pride, passion, commitment and an obvious desire to make Bristol City into a better side.

Sadly for whatever reason this is no longer the case.

I sincerely hope he gets his act together for QPR to avoid such continued waste of this obvious talent.

Good luck to you Doc.

One of the greatest players to wear the shirt in recent times.

ureds

Totally agree with every word, great player, I loved to watch him play wub.gif , so he had bad days, but don't we all, and to me it was nice to see a player be who he is and not what others wanted him to be, somthing like a cross between a monk and a god.

Also good luck to Marc Goodfellow, another good player, from what I seen of him, when he was allowed to play.

Now BT has "HIS" team, lets see what the coming season can offer, because I get the feeling that if we do not go up at the end of it City will be minus one other great player.. the Gaffer as he is now know as.

Most naturally talented player I have ever seen at Ashton Gate, Tommy will be very sorely missed not just for his outstanding ability, but also for his hard Bristolian personality on and off the pitch. My personal favourite player for years, very very sad to the him go, but happy to know his new manager will get the best out of a top quality Championship midfielder.

I would like to remember Tommy for his best seasons and his brilliant contribution to Bristol City Football Club. The best game I have ever seen him play was at Hillsborough season 03/04, he was immense how he came off that pitch on the losing side I will never know.

Good luck in the rest of your career Tommy, I hope it will be just as successful if not more as your long standing career at Ashton Gate. A sad goodbye but also a happy one in the fact you will going to excell in your career at QPR. Good Luck.

Puckle_red

I'm gutted - he was the heart and soul of the club until it all went sour. We're losing a potentially great player. Watch Holloway get the best out of him now.

Good luck, Tommy, try and stay out of the London clubs the day before a match and watch out all opposing Championship midfielders. What with Brown, Holloway and Doherty, plenty of reasons to watch QPR's progress next season.

Credit where credit is due, but by the same token, criticism when it is needed.

No doubt Tom D was a breath of fresh air, 5 or 6 seasons ago, he was local, young and vibrant, but he has not progressed as we all hoped had expected him to.

Although there have been, and possibly still are others, as our years of stagnation have shown, we cannot afford passengers in the side.

Like it or not, the current regime seem to be trying to root out the complacency in the club, and will not tolerate lacks of fitness or compliance.

In my opinion, any money generated for Tom D's departure, either a fee or saved wages is good business, as his value is dropping all the time, and when his contract ran out he would be as "worthless"  to the club as an asset as he appears to have been on the pitch for the majority of recent seasons.

I expect a harsh response to this, but that is what the forum is for - debate and opinion.

thank you for reading this.

CHR  city.gif

Agree with most of what you've written, I wasn't around when Tommy burst onto the scene so can't comment on that. I think he let the club, the supporters and himself down last season with his petulant attitude and poor fitness. We all have to work with people we don't like and most of us just get on with it.

At his best he was a fine player and I hope Holloway can get the best out of him.

Guest REDCIDERARMY

Thanks Tommy for all the memories over the past years,came back from injuries to become the sort of tough tackling midfielder we all loved,went on to be a international almost captained us to promotion,I do not believe all these ridiculous romours and crap on here,anyway thanks again you be missed this season thats for sure good luck with qpr did it have to be them,playing at a level you should be hopefully we be playing there soon as hopefully we gain promotion this season.

Made the admission fee worth it in my view,best of luck.

Thanks Tommy for all the memories over the past years,came back from injuries to become the sort of tough tackling midfielder we all loved,went on to be a international almost captained us to promotion,I do not believe all these ridiculous romours and crap on here,anyway thanks again you be missed this season thats for sure good luck with qpr did it have to be them,playing at a level you should be hopefully we be playing there soon as hopefully we gain promotion this season.

Made the admission fee worth it in my view,best of luck.

at his level yeah mabe! just a shame he could not stay fit and pull his finger out

like danny coles, and get on with his boss, then mabe he would be at that level with us mad.gif

having said that at times he was a good player but when he wanted to.

but all the same good luck to him..

You wer expecting a hat-trick from defensive midfield every game then Tompo?

banghead.gif

I think I would expect more than a goal every 25 games from any midfield player.

Tommy made his debut in 1997. How many goals did Shaun Taylor score that season?

If you want a more like for like comparison, Gerry Gow scored 54 times in 434 appearances (+11 as a sub).

That averages a goal every 8 games, most of which were at a higher level then Tommy has played in.

Caught myself supporting Northern Ireland for a few minutes when Tommy was playing for them against England. This dilemma is now solved for the real match Eng vrs NI qualifier 7th Sept.

Good bye Tommy - end of it. Not interested in Hoops and RRs.

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

But how many times has Tommy intercepted a pass that would of led to the opposition scoring? Many times! And how many times has Tommy executed a pass himself that has led to us scoring? Many times! He has also produced decent shots that goalkeepers have parried and we have scored from. For the life of me I can't understand why he is hated.

Archived