IGNORED

Decks Cleared

Bristol Boy

as the start to the season appraoches and pre season training kicks off, transfer activity seems to be heightening and the only black cloud on the horizon of a bright new dawn, is the likely departure of JA which is a shame, but at least we'll get some dough because of his age if he joins Matt Hill who obviously alerted PNE.

Cotterill is a different, but talented more versatile player and let's hope if JA does go that Murray returns to form.

Woodman may well go and, as I've said earlier, may well be used as a makeweight in a deal for a lower divison player such as Akinfenwa or Parkin.

Goodfellow & Doherty are gone and I reckon that'll free up around £150-200k in wages, plus any fees received and add ons, as things progress.

Let'shope that LL particularly and Danny Coles sign new contracts.

The three players we're looking to add will, I anticipate be in within the next two/three weeks.

I reckon

Young Prem Reserve Goalie-To challenge Phillips

Coughlan

Lower Div Target Man

Not many left from when Tins took over and, by the look of things, it's a make or break season for the manager and the Chairman. city.gifcity.gifcity.gif

With regard to the initial topic of this thread i.e. deck clearing, changes are what were needed and it's changes that we've got. My hat comes off for the Tinman for being brave enough, despite much criticism, to clear out the dead wood.  city.gif

I completely agree with that,plus I was impressed with his comments on the main site about a tight squad and building team spirit - something that was largely missing last season through' Tinnion being new in post and the attitude from some of his more senior players,one of whom left the club today.

Sorry, the fact that there is a lot of transfer activity at Ashton Gate the moment doesnt in itself prove more signings are imminent.

Its just because Friday is July 1st and a lot of contracts run out about now.

Having said that we will probably dive in ourselves soon and get some more out of contract players.

But that isnt linked to Doherty and Goodfellow leaving the club.

Sorry, the fact that there is a lot of transfer activity at Ashton Gate the moment doesnt in itself prove more signings are imminent.

Its just because Friday is July 1st and a lot of contracts run out about now.

Having said that we will probably dive in ourselves soon and get some more out of contract players. 

But that isnt linked to Doherty and Goodfellow leaving the club.

I think the point is that we have now freed-up some cash /wages, so I'd say it is very much about who has left.

I completely agree with that,plus I was impressed with his comments on the main site about a tight squad and building team spirit - something that was largely missing last season through' Tinnion being new in post and the attitude from some of his more senior players,one of whom left the club today.

No doubt about it, Tinman had an awful baptism of fire. What other newly promoted player-manager has had to cope with so many former team 'mates' bitching and bickering and jumping ship? When Terry Cooper and then Joe Jordan became BCFC player-managers they were never given such a rough ride by former team-mates.

Archived