IGNORED

Anyinsah

Cardy

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

It all raises the issue yet again is the academy really worth it? As we just seem to develop players for other clubs.

It all raises the issue yet again is the academy really worth it? As we just seem to develop players for other clubs.

There will be a fee involved here. Under 20/24 remember smile.gif

As our starting line up will probaly include Golbourne , Coles , Skuse and Cotterall or hopefully Anyisah and a certain bloke who came to the Academy later by the name of Leeeeeroy I think the answer to that has got to be a massive YES chant6ez.gif

You can also add Fortune and Woodman. chant6ez.gif

It really gets on my "upper chest" this constant knocking of the Academy by a small bunch of short sighted, miserable , tight fisted and backsided , small town so called supporters who lack the vision to see that the BIG CLUB we are and will become needs an Academy to establish/cement our position as THE top Club in the West Country and THE only real option for the talented youth of our area.

Do you really want to be just another smelly little team like Swindon ?

Get a vision , get a life

city.gifcity.gifcity.gif

It all raises the issue yet again is the academy really worth it?

The academy's job is to produce quality youngsters; it is the parent club's job to retain and use said players. The problem here, as with Liam Rosenior, would appear to be in latter area.

I thought you had a point then...

Do you really want to be just another smelly little team like Swindon ?

We don't have an academy yet we're not that far away from you in league form.

Fact is if you play the likes of Golbourne and Skuse regularly next season they will attract big club attention and you won't be able to keep them... You will get money for them though.

Football these days isn't about bringing in a player to play 10 seasons for you... it's about getting as much money for them as possible.

It's a shame.

I thought you had a point then...

We don't have an academy yet we're not that far away from you in league form.

Fact is if you play the likes of Golbourne and Skuse regularly next season they will attract big club attention and you won't be able to keep them... You will get money for them though.

Football these days isn't about bringing in a player to play 10 seasons for you... it's about getting as much money for them as possible.

It's a shame.

Form is temporary , class is permanent.

Rich , what's with the "we" , admit it , your one of us , our third Swindon signing devil.gif

The Modern World was by a group of Mods not New Romantics!

They weren't Mods they were 'The Jam' 'they were almost a punk band' but decided to have a change of heart and became plastic thirdtime round Mod Band, who have nothing to do with punk or the Moderators of this site.

Now the 'Mods' featuring one 'Johnny Warman' play music from the 60's by such acts as 'The Small Faces' 'The Who' who really were Mods..... the first time round sleeping.gif Oh my god I've fallen asleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Admin
Of course, because you're not in the business of signing more than 2 players from a club.

Hmmm

dunno.gif

If you're referring to our raid on Swindon, then I don't believe Smith & Heywood count as "more than 2 players from a club". doh.gif

Well two things that don't seem to be getting mentioned.

1) Most likely none of us on here know the deal being offered to Joe. He'd be stupid not to at least see what he could make elsewhere. Any player should know his market value before signing a new contract and any agent who didn't should be fired. I hope that he'd accept some amount less to play here than somewhere else, showing loads of loyalty. But say PNE is offer to double or triple his wages, do you honestly believe he should turn them down? My guess is he's seeing what is out there and will come back to City and ask them to match or come close to the other offer, then make an informed decision.

2) on the Academy it is a two pronged thing, one is to supply us with cheaper younger players and our own home grown stars. But it is also in the long term suppose to become self supporting by selling some of the products to help insure the longterm future of the Academy.

All that I hope we retain Joe, I thought we should have played him more last season and I think he could be a true class act for us.

*Britains Newest City*

Not that I've spent too many times going past that sodding sign on the M6 or anything wink.gif

Bristol's newest City more like if they poach any more...

Seriously though , someone on this thread mentioned "buying youngsters on the cheap" and "all power to their scouting set up"

This appears to be the plan of several championship clubs...let the teams with academy's bear the costs and bring the lads on from 8yrs old then just step in when they are out of contract and upset at not being picked all the time (cant play all the youngsters all the time) all it costs is a usually small tribunal fee.

Cant complain though , we have been doing same for our academy with young Prem drop outs .

Its just the way it is dunno.gif

Archived