IGNORED

Our New Stand

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Cost £7,000,000 Seats 5000

Rotherhams new stand, costs 4.5 Million and holds 7000

Neil Uttley informs me; 'The Club have announced that they intend to replace the existing Main Stand, with a new 7,000 capacity, two tiered new stand. The will cost in the region of £4.25m to build and will look similar to the existing East Stand at Barnsley. However no Formal time scales have yet to be announced as to when this will take place'.

It will look like this

user posted image

Can anyone explain why ours is costing so much more, and will be smaller?

it's not just the material and the labour that has to be considered but the demolishing of the old stand and with the base of the east end solid concret I can see why we will have high costs although I see where you are coming from.

Cost £7,000,000 Seats 5000

Rotherhams new stand, costs 4.5 Million and holds 7000

It will look like this

user posted image

Can anyone explain why ours is costing so much more, and will be smaller?

That's a 2 teir stand though, our new stand is to be 1 teir is it not???

or are you saying that is how our new stand should look??

nice stand though....

Guest east bristol
I'm not keen on Barnsleys stand, do i stand corrected is saying last season hardly any barnsley fans actully sat there ?

seems a lot of dosh

it's not just the material and the labour that has to be considered but the demolishing of the old stand and with the base of the east end solid concret I can see why we will have high costs although I see where you are coming from.

But Rotherham also have to demolish an existing stand, although I appreciate it may not require as much work as removing our stand.

The reason Rotherham's new stand can probably hold 7000 is because it is likely to be situated down the side of the pitch and not behind the goal. whistling.gif

If you look at the pic of the Barnsley stand - its down the side.

I really like the Barnsley East Stand and think that it is one of the better stands in the whole football league. I would have thought it was reasonably cheap to build and the executive boxes are in a perfect position (unlike BCFCs will be) and the view from the top tier is excellent as I have had similar views at other league grounds, Burnley have something more or less the same and I just wish we could have gone for that type of design.

BCAGFC

Archived