IGNORED

No Wingers - A Clue ?

andy g

We've only got one winger at the club now (murray) but three very good strikers and more midfielders like Grant Smith and Alex Russell who naturally play in the middle.

Could this be a clue that Tinnion intends to play 433 ?

And if not, has he noticed that we're a bit light in this department ?

Tinnion is only capable of playing the long ball to Brooker. So look forward to another season of wosh ball bypassing mid field and a leaky defence.

Are you a City fan? dunno.gif

It hardly makes sense to sign two midfielders if you are planning to an Atkins....

Agree we need another out and out left winger but Coterill played very well out on the right towards the end of last season and grant smith can play on the left. I think we will play 3-4-1-2 with coterill wide on the right and smith on the left - unless we bring in another recognised winger. Stewart to play in the hole and leroy/brooks up front

I think we will play 3-4-1-2 with coterill wide on the right and smith on the left - unless we bring in another recognised winger.  Stewart to play in the hole and leroy/brooks up front

If we play 3-4-1-2 or 4-3-3 or anything apart from 4-4-2 i will be bitterly disappointed as this will not win us promotion. I don't care how many quality strikers we have, 4-4-2 is the only way to go. If we play any other formation on august 6th i will be very angry! banghead.gif

Tinnion reckoned on the main site that he was planning to use the pre-season friendlies as a chance to "experiment with some formations".

That sounds to me as if he's going to see what works before deciding.

Hmmmm... I sure someone will see that as a sign of mismanagement..... whistling.gif

With no wingers next season we'd better warn Bristol International Airport to re-direct their air traffic.

Please Tins, I don't want to see that awful football down the gate again this season, and Grant Smith is not a winger nor is Dave Cotterill.

Tinnion reckoned on the main site that he was planning to use the pre-season friendlies as a chance to "experiment with some formations".

That sounds to me as if he's going to see what works before deciding.

I for one am pleased by that, at least it's not barge in and don't change till you're in the relegation zone this time smile.gif

Archived