IGNORED

Gareth Taylor To Replace Leroy

Cardy

Sorry for being a bit dopey, but can anyone tell me who sidwell was sold to?  wink.gif

You're not being dopey, as far as i know he hasn't gone anywhere.

Point is several Premiership Clubs are keen on him and he's very likely to go in the near future.

I'm jumping the gun a bit, but not by much, and one deal could very likely lead to another.

surely if the club were expecting lita to go and are just saying all this "he's happy here and will sign a new contract" we would of kept heffernan...he seemed the obvious choice to me as a replacement, hence leroy is staying and will thrash johnny atyeo's record of 350 goals in 650 games or whatever it is farmer.gif

Guest Simonty

To be honest I do think anyone is certain of Leroy's future. These are just a bunch of rumours, so we will just have to wait to see the outcome.

Ive spoken to a Reading fan or two on another forum and apparently, they have recieved £1.5 million for Steve Sidwell from Charlton, but are likely to spend their money on new midfield players rather than another striker.

Theyve already got Goater, Forster, Morgan and Kitson upfront plus a couple of other young strikers. Why would they spend up to £1million on another one?

This thread is full of nonsense.

Ive spoken to a Reading fan or two on another forum and apparently, they have recieved £1.5 million for Steve Sidwell from Charlton, but are likely to spend their money on new midfield players rather than another striker.

Theyve already got Goater, Forster, Morgan and Kitson upfront plus a couple of other young strikers. Why would they spend up to £1million on another one?

This thread is full of nonsense.

forster has gone to ipswich

If Lita doesn't want to sign another contract, then what do you suggest the City Board do? Keep hold of him until the end of the season and then see him go for nothing? No thank you. If Leroy won't sign an extended contract then the club has no option but to sell him to the highest bidder. If he did go, we already have three replacements for him in the shape of Stewart, Gillespie and Cotterill. If Tins is interested in Taylor, it is as cover for Brooker (and he'd be a decent buy for that role).

There is no way Gillespie and Cotterill can even be considered as replacements for Lita!! Neither of them have even scored a goal for the first team so thats a ridiculous thing to say, Stewart is class but lacks pace which is why we signed him to play alongside Lita.........Gareth Taylor will be on fairly big wages and i don't think he's worth signing to sit on the bench. Lita would not leave for nothing even if he didnt sign a contract due to his age.......Granted - We wouldnt get as much if it went to a tribunal as we would if we sold him now but he could well have another 30 goal season. Who is going to risk going to Tribunal for a 21 yr old striker that has netted 60 goals in 2 seasons?.......Id take my chances thanks and keep him unless a £1.5 offer comes in.

If Sky Andrew is Leroys' new agent then IMO LL will be off before the start of the season possibly to a london club (Charlton Athletic, West Ham United, Crystal Palace). My reasoning is that (as with the Sol Campbell saga) the same sort of rumours are circulating with the player saying yes I will sign a new contract (with Arsenal) when it runs out and then did the complete opposite and signed for Tottenham Hotspurs' biggest rivals Arsenal.

BCAGFC

• Admin
I'm still here and I stand by my words and my source. Leroy's off this week.

Even though the source of your info (Clive Whitehead) clearly ISN'T Leroy's agent you mean?

I myself have no claim to Leroy either and I'm telling you he's off to Tamworth for 21p and Aaron Brown. In my opinion that's a good deal as we get a towering centre back in Brown, and the 21p can be used to buy 21 tea-bags to be sold at £1.80 per cup. Just think what how much profit we'll then make from the ensuing 3780 tea-bags!!! dance.gif

Even though the source of your info (Clive Whitehead) clearly ISN'T Leroy's agent you mean?

I myself have no claim to Leroy either and I'm telling you he's off to Tamworth for 21p and Aaron Brown. In my opinion that's a good deal as we get a towering centre back in Brown, and the 21p can be used to buy 21 tea-bags to be sold at £1.80 per cup. Just think what how much profit we'll then make from the ensuing 3780 tea-bags!!!  dance.gif

Everyone knows that Leroy has 2 agents. The one he wants to get rid of and the one he wants to replace him with. The replacement is already giving Leroy 'unofficial' advice.

Guest SGlosBCFCloyal
Hasn't Forster gone to Ipswich though therefore they probably

need to replace him.

Goater isn't likely to play the whole season either.

Kibbs, you are so right selling Lita would be an absolute disaster and stink of a lack of ambition. What is the point of exciting the fans by buying Stewart but then deflating the whole club by flogging our most talented player since Cole and look what he went onto achieve.

Every player has a price of course, but City should not even consider less than £1.5m and a 25% of future sell ons and certainly shouldn't sell to Reading. If leroy has to go it should be to a bigger club with prospects City cannot match in the near future. city.gif

When will we understand that there are some things that are out of our control? If LL decides not to sign a new contract and wants to go to another club, that doesnt mean that the club (manager or board) lack ambition! Sometimes others decisions are just out of our control.

If Leroy wants to leave for whatever reason (rows with players, more money, better club, premiership/championship football etc) there is nothing we can do about it. The job of the board is then to ensure that as a club we get the best possible deal they can.

Although football is an emotive game, you have to be financially sensible so the future of the club is protected.

I too have heard that he is off to Reading and have no reason to disbelieve my 'source'. We have no control over that and if we can make some good money in the meantime and get in some other much needed players (ie defender, goalie etc) then so be it.

What if he were forced to stay, had a lousy season and proved to be the one season wonder that has been mentioned, would we look back in hindsight and say we should have sold him?

I'm being purely philosophical as we have no choice but to wait and see - let's just hope we get a really good deal.

Who knows, when he talks financial terms with them, maybe he wont get as much as he thinks he should and will then want to stay! We can all dream.

if city want to stop lita going to reading they should just show him video's of scotty murray from the 02/03 season then show him the videos of games scotty played during the 03/04 season

He could either go the wayne rooney way and become a hit or a francis jeffers way and never get in the team and forget how to score

Guest Royal Ian

Correct. Pardews last acts for us was to spend over £1million on Murray and Goater. ranting.gif Goater has proven to be one of the worst signings ever and we are desperate to get him off the wage bill. As for Murray what an enigma? Occasionly he would look class and score a lovely goal but more often than not we wouldn't see him for 90 mins. Glad in hindsight that you got him back off us although at the time i was gutted to see him go but we have Glen Little now who is a class player. smile.gif

Nothing Wrong with Gareth Taylor, he would be the one person i would put in the team to win the ball in the air, probably one of the best ball winners i have seen, and would probably weigh in with about fifteen goals in the city side as it is,.

Was top scorer for Forest last season in a team that struggled and was relegated,

would be a good aquisition for two seasons maybe.

When will we understand that there are some things that are out of our control?  If LL decides not to sign a new contract and wants to go to another club, that doesnt mean that the club  (manager or board) lack ambition!  Sometimes others decisions are just out of our control.

If Leroy wants to leave for whatever reason (rows with players, more money, better club, premiership/championship football etc) there is nothing we can do about it.  The job of the board is then to ensure that as a club we get the best possible deal they can. 

But Leroy Lita has continually said since the end of the season(And still is saying it!) that he is very keen to stay, Win promotion with City and learn from Marcus Stewart etc etc. He is under contract and cannot leave for nothing so it is not out of our control. If we were to sell him now for 750k it would be a lack of ambition - We would simply be trying to make a few bob. I wouldnt expect BT to recieve all of that to spend on players either..........

I could understand if a BIG offer came in but it hasnt - yet.

Taylor could solve your defensive problem but he'd be hung by his father if he went to you.

It would give me the greatest of pleasure seeing him in Weston on afriday night and winding him up just a little.

When I told him I would like to see Gareth in a city shirt he told me no effin chance. laugh.gif

I phoned my source this afternoon to try and find out the latest on the Leroy situation. He told me that Clive Whitehead is definately Leroy's current agent and that there are no problems whatsoever between him and Leroy

Don't know about that, because Clive Whitehead isn't Leroy's agent unless he's changed in the last week or so.

Archived