IGNORED

Gareth Taylor To Replace Leroy

Cardy

I phoned my source this afternoon to try and find out the latest on the Leroy situation. He told me that Clive Whitehead is definately Leroy's current agent and that there are no problems whatsoever between him and Leroy - all a smokescreen from the club I'm afraid. Basically Leroy is going to Reading this week, its all but a done deal if a fee can be agreed. Leroy will not be signing a new contract at City.

Interestingly he told me that Gareth Taylor of Notts Forest is being lined up to replace him. Gareth is a local boy having grown up in the Clevedon area (he played for Clevedon juniors as a boy) and supports City. Forest want him off the wage bill.

Guest sprout1883

I never thought Gareth Taylor was a city fan. First of heard of that.

As for replacing Lita. Maybe not the same type of player, but you'd be resurrecting BRFC's £2.5m strikeforce from around 10 years ago. no bad thing

Anyway he'll be coming back to the Gas.

I never thought Gareth Taylor was a city fan. First of heard of that.

As for replacing Lita. Maybe not the same type of player, but you'd be resurrecting BRFC's £2.5m strikeforce from around 10 years ago. no bad thing

Anyway he'll be coming back to the Gas.

why do we all persist with the idea that signing 30 something's is a good idea?

Garath Taylor was indifferent throughout his career. I certainly wouldn't want him here.

devil.gif

Guest fatherdougal

According to what I've just read, Gareth Taylor is 32 comes from Weston-super-Mare and has played for 7 clubs (inc. Rovers). If this was true, what kind of replacement is this for Leroy? Our front line would look like the Dad's Army of League 1.

Guest we8thegas
According to what I've just read, Gareth Taylor is 32 comes from Weston-super-Mare and has played for 7 clubs (inc. Rovers).  If this was true, what kind of replacement is this for Leroy? Our front line would look like the Dad's Army of League 1.

Brooker looks in his 30's but he is only 23 dance.gif

Hey Dolly, don't mock - this is legit info.

You will see that I am right about Leroy this week. As far as Gareth Taylor is concerned, I'm not that impressed either as he's not exactly going to set the world on fire but thats what the club are looking at.

Any incoming striker to City will not a replacement for Lita but an alternative option to the relatively lightwieght strikers that City currently have.

Neither Brooker,Stewart,Cotteril,Gillespie or Lita are what you'd call "big" guys and we saw several times last season Brooker/Lita getting no change out of a couple of huge center backs.Unfortunately only Heffernan was available via the bench and he was probably the smallest of the lot.

Thats why Tinnion wants to get a big striker in.

Guest MaloneFM

Yes its leg-it info. Because he says it is. See?

And if this is the case shall I polish up my Nike Stan Mortesen Hotshot Specials? I only got them in 1953 with the original laces.

Gareth taylor wont be a replacement for leroy, more like this cover for steve brookfer tinman has been after. IMO its just a coincidence that we've targeted cover for brooker and leroy's future is in doubt at the same time.

Taylor cant possibly be a replacement for leroy as he is not the same type of player as him (i.e. quick, finisher), he is more of a target man and hence is cover for brooker.

Gareth taylor wont be a replacement for leroy, more like this cover for steve brookfer tinman has been after.  IMO its just a coincidence that we've targeted cover for brooker and leroy's future is in doubt at the same time.

Taylor cant possibly be a replacement for leroy as he is not the same type of player as him (i.e. quick, finisher), he is more of a target man and hence is cover for brooker.

Having re-read what I originally wrote I think thats a better way of looking at it. Either way Leroy is going and Gareth Taylor is a top target to come in.

Well if Leroy Lita goes it had better be for £1.5m minimum, The board and BT had better have a decent replacement lined up(NOT GARETH TAYLOR ranting.gif) or the ######*t is going to hit the fan.

How can we show so much ambition one week with the signing of Marcus Stewart just to throw it all away by selling one of the best prospects this club has had in a long time a couple weeks later!! banghead.gifbanghead.gif

This just doesnt make any sense.............

I know we are not loaded but we have already made around 500k this summer by selling players and there should be more to come from Anyinsah's transfer so we should be buying - Not selling!!!

I cannot see Leroy leaving for less than £750k and I don't think Reading have that sort of money now as I stated months ago, also IMO it doesn't show much ambition to go to a place like Reading better off going to somewhere like WBA or

Norwich who have an automatic chance of promotion (Reading are the BCFC of the Championship, always there or there abouts but NEVER make it).

BCAGFC

P.s. I really do hope Leroy stays for at least another season because if not we will have no pace whatsoever in our attack.

"Well if Leroy Lita goes it had better be for £1.5m minimum, The board and BT had better have a decent replacement lined up(NOT GARETH TAYLOR ranting.gif) or the ######*t is going to hit the fan."

If Lita doesn't want to sign another contract, then what do you suggest the City Board do? Keep hold of him until the end of the season and then see him go for nothing? No thank you. If Leroy won't sign an extended contract then the club has no option but to sell him to the highest bidder. If he did go, we already have three replacements for him in the shape of Stewart, Gillespie and Cotterill. If Tins is interested in Taylor, it is as cover for Brooker (and he'd be a decent buy for that role).

I cannot see Leroy leaving for less than £750k and I don't think Reading have that sort of money now as I stated months ago,

the

BCAGFC

Sidwell exit = 2m. in the bank for Reading that they didn't have "months ago".

Plenty to cover Leroy's fee there. whistling.gif

Archived