IGNORED

Best Players Go/ No New Stand

Franklin CITY

Sorry richieb, I'll have to spell it out to you.

The club are bringing major international pop stars to the club to bring in much needed revenue during the close season.  This is not an obvious development since they are not doing it at the Memorial Ground, or Brentford, or Southend... This is called being visionary.  Even you think the club have made good commercial improvements.

Perhaps you could enlighten us with your vision for the merchandising?

Chivs,we are all aware that the concerts that have graced the AG pitch have brought in much needed revenue.

CS & RG have put alot into the club & some exciting developments like the concerts & exhibitions have put the club on the map.

But we still remain £4 mill in debt. Mainly due to the fact we remain in this poxy division.

DW nearly got us into the Championship & we had the coaching strength's to go that extra mile last season.

That prospect was damaged by the appt of a rookie manager & coaching staff.

Perhaps we made a mistake in not bringing in an experienced coaching team to take the squad that extra mile.

Thats why last season was full of excuse's & this season there will be nothing to be excused.

We have to get it right.

As for merchandising,well I firmly believe we reflect our league position with the lack of branding.

It appears that the 'bigger' brands were touting for our replica kit & many deals were considered.

TFG has been the choice for one reason - profit margin.

Now ultimately we have to secure a good margin, but we have also got to consider market trends,customer awareness & needs.

And while margins maybe slightly reduced, the increase in volumes of both replica kit & general merchandise would offset any down turn in margin & imho improve the profits.

Take teams of comparison - Stoke, Derby, Cardiff, Plymouth etc. They have all seen big kit launch's involving names like Nike, Puma & Joma.

All dynamic names that would hit the streets & give BCFC some more cred on the local streets & farther reaches.

Look at the recent finals we have got into - more fans bought - non official gear - because the club struggle to come up with gear to get the juices going.

OK,we have increased revenue in this area, but in todays brand driven world, have we exploited the Bristol City brand?

Plymouth recently moved from TFG to Puma & on launch day, they had fans queing for replica kit. The Plymouth brand had gone that extra mile.

Bristol City may not be progressing on the pitch & it certainly has an affect on getting quality sponsorship deals.

But we could be make bigger strides off the pitch.

Guest holdec

I think tins is doing a good job in the transfer market, he is getting in team players not individuals.

Also while i am on here I have to defend Osman, his football was poor but if you all remember City had their highest league placing under him with no money to spend, all those players from non league city used to have on trial hoping they would turn up a jem.

[

Perhaps you could enlighten us with your vision for the merchandising?

My vision for merchandising is to keep a stable team and to keep a manager who has improved year on year for the 4 seasons in charge. Then watch season ticket sales go through the roof to watch a team in a higher div.

Not appoint a first time manager who is learning his trade on the hoof (whilst we all have to pay to watch these mistakes) has no man management skills, gets rid of players who take him for what he is, has no tactical awarness, who blames his players in public, has no idea in the transfer market but the chairman thinks he is doing fine ..so lets all be happy and doff our cap to our chair and thank him for his astute business acumen.

I new that Pulis was a bad choice, I knew that Osmond was also, I fear I may be correct a third time.

BT great player but not management material unfortunatly our chair in to deep to admit his mistake

What a ridiculous post.

Should have read....

Isn't it great to have a chairman who is trying to turn a loss making company heading for the scrapheap into one that at leasst breaks even. Doing this in his spare time and so committed to that cause that he is willing to underwrite current losses of over 1 million per year.

Isn't it great to have a manager who actually cares for the club, rather than one who is simply doing the rounds of clubs. A new manager who although inexperienced is showing a willingness to learn and great desire to improve. One who realises the importance of a team pulling in the same direction and not afraid to crack the whip amongst those in the comfort zone.

Isn't is great to have major ground redevelopment (now beginning on schedule after the two concerts). A new stand of which the club can be proud and more importantly one that will be used on a daily basis (instead of 1 day every two weeks), therefore bringing in much sought after revenue (see point 1 above). Particularly great considering the funding for the stand is in place and has not / will not affect the transfer budget afforded to the manager. What great insight by the chief executive to have this thing built at such a time when not only is the planning permission gained a few years ago still in tact, but the club are also in the process of re-negotiating a long term catering contract that pretty much pays for the bloody thing.......

Yes, what stupid people are at the helm.

Fantastic post. Why does everyone moan on this forum? The future is bright and the people running the club are doing a fine job. The capture of Stewart and the new stand planned is proof of this.

Fantastic post. Why does everyone moan on this forum? The future is bright and the people running the club are doing a fine job. The capture of Stewart and the new stand planned is proof of this.

The future does seem bright especially considering the exceptional signings that the Tinman has made in the last month. The signing of Marcus Stewart has exceeded my wildest dreams biggrin.gifcity.gif Smith, Russell, Coughlin and Heyward as well chant6ez.gifdance.gif

Why invest so much time, money and effort into an academy to nuture players like Hill, Rosenior, Anyinsah who go walkies when we can pick up players as good as the ones Tinman has signed over the past month!!!!!

Isnt it great to have a Chairman who lets our best players go.

Isnt it great to have an inexperienced 'manager' who few want to play for

oh and what has happened to our new ground redevelopment ??

The sooner these fools are out the better.

banghead.gifdoh.gif Best players...umm oh you must be on about TT??

plz when ready give some positive input

Erm.. Now a week after Rod closes with Sailing. Where are the builders ????

Ours starts work in September apparently. As I don't know who you support I'm afraid I don't know the answer for your team

Isnt it great to have a Chairman who lets our best players go.

What best players? Tommy Doherty, if I remember right he didnt like playing for tinnion. Matt Hill, we had to sale him he had a clause in his contract and once he went it opened a space for young scott golbourne. Paul Heffernan, no disrespect to the man but I'm sure your not on about him. Tony Dinning, I'm sure youre not on about him.

Isnt it great to have an inexperienced 'manager' who few want to play for

Who are the few that want to play for him. I think all if not most of the players that are still here want to play for him. I thought that was the reason he sold Doherty because he didnt want to play for him and wasnt playing well for him. And the inexperienced manager that has said he has learnt alot from his first season. The inexperienced manager that got us to 7th and missed out on play-offs by just 1 point. The inexperienced manager who has signed a ball winning centre half and a left winger. The inexperienced manager who has added Marcus Stewart, a striker who has alot of experience and can help the younger players, such as Lita (if he stays praying smiley.gif ) and wants the club to do well and was willing to drop a few division to join City.

I honestly believe that we can win the league this season or at least finish in the automatic promotion spot. If are "inexpereinced manager" can get us to 7th and miss out by 1 point on the play offs in his first season without all the players that he would like and a few players that don't want to play for him who he has sold then I'm sure he can get us into the play offs this season and hopefully get us into the automatic promotion spots.

• Admin
So the club are going to demolish a stand and then announce that they are not going to replace it  laugh.gif

These directors must be really thick and stupid eh ? They must have made all that money by luck  laugh.gif

Givvus a pint of what you're on please  biggrin.gif

Perhaps this is the first step towards this poster's takeover of our club with the vast millions he has made from his own hugely successful business career.

In that respect we should all "play nice" innocent.gif

Well, give it a week and  lets see who is thick and stupid....

crawl back under your rock.It's fools like you that stop me visiting this site.At the top of your thread you mention games you were at.I was at all of those games and most of the dire games in the years to follow as we fell from the top league to the bottom league.During all that time the support of the 6-7,000 regulars was immense despite some dismal performances(northampton away 1-7 anyone).You being so boringly negative despite not a ball being kicked cannot posssibly have attended the games you state -unless you were the guy shouting "bl**dy rubbish" and "dicks out".Supporters (and i use the term loosely)like you are not worth the bother.Bye Bye.

Best players gone?? You what!!

Broker vs Peacock?

Russell vs Doherty?

Stewart vs Hefferman?

Add to that Butler, Bell vs the replacements.

Ok, a little sad to see Hillbilly and Ainshya go.. but hardly devastating blows in terms of ripping the spine out of the team (if indeed there was a 'spine'!).

Even if Closey goes, the Pymouth fella seems a better bet to me. Colsey is hardly the classic leader, blood and guts defender required to get us out of this goddam division.

No, what was clear to me a long while back is now. all be it belatedly, being delivered. A team that can battle its way out of this division with a bit of bottle and fight ala the Wigan, Plymuff, Brighton, Cardiff models. We can then buy in the prima donnas once we're in the Championship.

It's a case of one step at a time - we were trying to build a side playing Championship football in the First Division - doomed to failure unless the players were of exceptional quality/talent -which they weren't - even if they thought they were!

Well done Tins and SL for confronting the situation and having the guts to do something about it.

(ps might need to have a 'bite your legs' 100% midfield terrier to complement Russell)

Who cares about the new stand anyway? The East End is part of me and many others.

Best players gone?? You what!!

Broker vs Peacock?

Russell vs Doherty?

Stewart vs Hefferman?

Add to that Butler, Bell vs the replacements.

um yea wait 10 games then re-apraise the guys who have yet to kick a ball for us.

Brooker could be good, he isnt yet. Scoring goals is a great start but his control is nowhere near as good as Leapy's.

The much malined Butler is a player who will never be appreciated by city fans unfortunately mainly due to a very few shakey performances.

Ok, a little sad to see Hillbilly and Ainshya go.. but hardly devastating blows in terms of ripping the spine out of the team (if indeed there was a 'spine'!).

Even if Closey goes, the Pymouth fella seems a better bet to me. Colsey is hardly the classic leader, blood and guts defender required to get us out of this goddam division.

Your not addressing the main problem here - left midfield. Ashley Cole would look like a muppet playing for City without support.

Who cares about the new stand anyway? The East End is part of me and many others.

I agree who cares about a new rubbish stand? Not me, unless its impossing and generates atmosphere.

I have always been very supportive of the club and team apart from when I felt that the wrong person was appointed as manager ie Osmond, Pulis and now Tinnion. I have my views and will not blindly follow what was a blinding mistake. The atmoshphere last year was the worst I have ever known it with the silent majority, well staying silent.

Now add Wilson and Jordan (pt 2) to that list and we may have some grounds for agreement.

With Tins though the problem was appointing a novice and from within in a club that was, sadly, rotten to the core and out of control - Wilson's legacy. Yes, he made some mistakes (some signings were woeful) last season but at least he's sorting things out now.

An experienced/external appointment (Warnock) may have been able to sort it without major surgery and get us promoted in his first season. However, I think now we're getting much more solid foundations together which will not only get us promoted this coming season but provide us with a good chance of staying in and doing well in the Championship the season after. This is something that without major surgery I'm not sure would have been delivered.

At least Tins will be present at the pre-season friendlies - so can make necessary adjustments before the seasons starts.

Archived